The content of the article:
Is there a product more beloved than cooked lard? Probably, there is no person who does not adore to feast on such a meal. In this case, there are hundreds of ways to prepare it. And it's hard to say which recipe is the most delicious. After all, each has its own peculiarity that makes it unique. We offer some of the most popular cooking methods. Read also: how to pickle bacon at home?
Fat in the package
Salo, cooked in a package, turns out very juicy and fragrant. It will be appreciated even by those who were very skeptical about this product. It is prepared very simply, but it turns out incredibly tasty.
If you have purchased a hard fat, with a very rough skin, prepare it in a bag. It will become soft and at the same time retain its dense texture.
For 1 kg of fresh fat, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons of salt with a slide;
- 8 cloves of garlic;
- 1 tbsp. l. pepper peas.
- Garlic suppress with a knife.
- Pepper is also lightly crushed.
- Mix salt with pepper and garlic. Salo is well rubbed with this mixture.
- Take two ordinary packages, fold one into one and put the lard there. Tie as tightly as possible.
- In a large pot, pour the water and put the lard in the bag. Liquids will require about two liters.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 1 hour.
- Then remove, put in a bowl until completely cooled. Only after cooling, you can extract the fat from the bag. Keep refrigerated.
During cooking, the fat in the bag will be on the surface of the water. Do not try to sink it to the bottom. Just cover the pan with a lid.
Salo with spices
Cooked lard with spices is a fragrant classic that perfectly complements any table. It is not difficult to cook it. But what will turn out, will cause admiration not only in relatives, but also guests. It is spices that saturate the fat with an amazing taste, make it ideal.
The recipe will require:
- 1 kg of fat (not very thick);
- 4 tablespoons. table salt;
- 6 - 8 cloves of garlic;
- ground red and black pepper;
- ground paprika;
- the whole leaf of the laurel.
- Before you cook the boiled fat, it must be cut into small pieces.
- Take a large pot and put the product in it. Pour water, salt, a little pepper and bay leaf.
- Put on the stove, bring to a boil, make the fire very small and cook for 40 minutes. Ready lard in a bowl and allow to cool.
- Garlic and pepper peas chop, add the remaining spices and mix well.
- Make small incisions on each piece. Salo is well coated with a mixture of spices (try to get them into cuts) and put them in an empty pan.
- Cover and put in the cold at night. Serve thinly chopped into small pieces.
The cooking time for bacon can be varied. If you want it to be very soft, cook an hour or more. In the case where you want to get the product soft outside and hard inside, it's enough to cook for 15-20 minutes.
Salo with garlic
Where do they dry, rolls and other exotic dishes? Here it is a real delicacy, time-tested and approved by many generations of our citizens. Cooked lard with garlic is a dish that never happens much.
The recipe will require:
- 1 kg of fat (choose with a meat layer, it will be even tastier);
- about three liters of water;
- 10 - 12 cloves of garlic;
- 6 tablespoons of salt.
- Before you make the boiled lard, pour the liquid into a saucepan, add half the salt and boil.
- In hot water, gently put the main ingredient and cook on very low heat for about an hour.
- Remove the finished product from the pan and put it in a bowl to cool it down a little.
- Garlic chop with a grater or garlick, mix with the remaining salt.
- Still warm fat from all sides, forked and well-rubbed garlic mixture.
- Put the product in a saucepan or other container, cover and put in the cold for six hours. After that, you can get and try. It turns out very tasty!
If there is no room in the refrigerator for the pot, you can put lard in two bags, tie it well and place it somewhere on the shelf.
Boiled and smoked bacon
Everyone will agree that bacon, prepared with his own hands at home, is not only much tastier than the store, but also more useful. After all, in this case no flavor enhancers, stabilizers and other additives are used for the preparation. The boiled-smoked bacon is not only surprisingly tasty, but also looks beautiful.
For preparation it will be required:
- a kilo of fat;
- water - 4 liters;
- salt - 100 g;
- the laurel leaf;
- pepper peas;
- metal container;
- sawdust from fruit tree.
- In the water put bay leaf, salt, pepper and boil.
- Put the lard there and boil for fifteen minutes. Remove the product from the pan, put in a bowl or on a board, until it cools.
- Take a dry metal container (you can have a cauldron or a pot with thick walls). Put the sawdust on the bottom.
- Put some lattice stand over the woodchip. Next we need to put the foil, and on it the fat. Cover and put on a very small fire. To smoke for 30-40 minutes.
- After that, the fire must be removed, the container should not be opened, but left as it is until it cools down, about eight hours. Serve thinly chopped on a platter, you can decorate with greens.
During the smoking of bacon it is very important that the lid snug against the vessel. Smoke should not go out.
The most delicious cooked bacon
And finally, the most delicious recipe for boiled fat. A special feature of this dish is the secret ingredient - onion peel. It is she who makes lard beautiful, adds an amazing flavor note, which can not be found in any other recipe for boiled fat.
Necessary ingredients per kilo of fat:
- 2 liters of water;
- 100 gr. salts;
- 1, 5 - 2 heads of garlic;
- onion husks (about four handfuls);
- Salo cut into small pieces, not more than three centimeters thick.
- Next, you need to take a large pot, pour in water, put onion husk, spices (all but garlic) and salt. Put the container on the fire and boil for ten minutes.
- Put the lard in the marinade, cover and cook for about twenty minutes. After this, turn off the fire and leave it to cool.
- Remove the fat from the pan, put in a bowl or a colander to the liquid glass.
- Garlic crushed with garlic. You can add to it other spices to your taste.
- Each piece of cooked lard is coated with garlic mixture, put into a container, covered and put in a cold. In a day you can try.
Spices can be taken any, to your taste. The amount of seasonings is also regulated. If you like spicy, you can add red pepper.
Cooked lard is a dish that will never go out of style. It is tasty, useful and can successfully supplement the menu of any holiday. It can be served with fresh bread, mustard, horseradish, vegetables. This fat is just melting in your mouth. It is not difficult to cook it. But at the same time in the cooking process, you can always add something of your own, unusual, which will make the dish even tastier.