Duck meat is and remains the source of balanced complexes of B group vitamins and microelements. In ancient Chinese medicine he attributed to the action similar to the effect of "Viagra".
Modern studies of the content of amino acids in the product confirms and substantiates this phenomenon. Rapid achievement of maximum weight, in a short time, a high percentage of yield of high-nutritious, tender and juicy meat, good fluff and large fatty liver are the reasons for the frequent choice of ducks for divorce in small farms and large farms enterprises.
The duck of the Bashkir breed, which was derived as a result of the combined selection method of the Peking breed, in Bashkortostan, at the Blagovarsky breeding plant, is of great value. Since 2001, it has become the object of the desire of a small summer resident and a large producer. Below, read the detailed description of the breed..
Table of contents
- Breed description
- Characteristics of the Bashkirka
- Feeding the Bashkir duck
- Breeding at home
- Secrets of cultivation
- How to Feed Young
- Ducks and ducklings disease
- Advantages and disadvantages
An outstanding chest. The constitution is strong and muscular. Paws, large, widely spaced, short leg. The head is flattened from the upper side. Neck short, concave, curved outward.
Wide concave beak with brightly defined platesand a wide "nail a growth, used by the duck to grab grass. Wings fit tight enough to the body.
Characteristic for flying birds, well developed and long keel. There is white and colored varieties of the breed.
The feathering of a bird became the initial factor of its isolation from the general flow during selection. The color of the pen is as close as possible to the color of individuals from the wild and experts could not miss it. The brown plumage of the representatives of this breed allows you to determine the sex of the daily ducklings.
The feather lightens from the back to the stomach. The beak and legs are bright orange.
- In the claws of the duck there are no nerve endings and blood vessels, so duckscan safely move on snow and ice.
- Not treated feathers of ducks of this breedcan not be wetted with water, even after a few years.
- Drakecan not quack. Quacking ducks does not have an echo.
- Shortduck's neckhas more vertebrae than the giraffe.
The temperament of this breed allows achieving high results in weight and stable egg production in different growing conditions. At the forums, the results from private households did not depend on the cellular, corral or combined with grazing content.
The market is always ready to offer for a privateer the daily ducklings of the Bashkir breed and this fact proves the simplicity and expediency of the development of these ducks at home.
High resistance to infectious diseases, high reproductivity and low, reasonable spent during cultivation, became the guarantee of a constant choice of these birds by domestic poultry farms..
Characteristics of the Bashkirka
Having reached the adult age, the drake of this breed collects about 4 kg, and the duck, kg. In this case, practically no fat is present in the carcass (the fat content of the fat is low, %).
Tenderness of meat according to taste characteristics is comparable with the best broiler breeds. The absence of a specific smell makes this meat the leader in sales in the markets and supermarket chains.
- The presence of double contentvitamin Ain duck meat, in relation to other types of meat, makes it an indispensable component of the menu of people suffering from skin diseases and vision problems.
- Fat containsOmega 6 and Omega 3Essential oils, which is comparable with olive oil.
- People prone to allergiesNot recommendedinclude in their food meat and duck eggs.
Bashkir ducks are meat-eating breeds. Yaytsenoskost largely depends on the variety. So Bashkirki colors "khaki" for 280 days of the reproductive period are able to produce up to 217 eggs.
When coloring, "black white-chested for the same period, is able to postpone 11 eggs more. These figures are tentative and can fluctuate depending on external factors, diet, number of livestock, weather conditions. Egg is not large in weight 70-80 gr. When you bookmark the incubator, you can count on a brood of 8 ducklings out of 10 eggs.
- Duck eggshave a high calorie content- in 100 grams of raw eggs, 185 kcal. Overweight is a contraindication for the ingestion of this product.
- Tallrisk of infectionsalmonella does not allow to take eggs in raw form.
- On the advice of pediatricians do not include them in the dietchildren under 6 years.
- In cosmetology is used as a componentMask for split and dropping hair. Protein suitable for oily skin of the face, providing a drying effect. And for combination skin use the whole egg.
Feeding the Bashkir duck
Nutrition rates for breeding birds at different stages of cultivation vary and are selected individually, the number fluctuates in the limit, kilograms of feed per kilogram of growth with the gradual introduction of green and juicy feed in a volume of -2 kilograms per kilogram growth. Based on these figures, you can calculate the number of feeds per egg.
Talking about the diet of ducks, do not forget about the mandatory availability of water near the feeders during their meals and free access during the entire waking hours. Do not allow turbidity or stagnation of water. Change the water as often as possible and spend on a veterinarian will be reduced to a minimum.
- One adult uses the order of2 liters of waterin a day.
- Ducks have the shortestdigestion cyclefood among poultry. The reason for this is a short intestine and a very fast metabolism.
Breeding at home
The decision to breed a duck of the Bashkir breed will immediately ask you how to do it. An incubation method or with the help of a hen?
In the case of selecting an incubation method, to obtain a brood, it is important to observe the following rules:.
- Eggs to bookmark take only fresh (up to 5 days, at a temperature of 8-13 degrees, turning 3-4 times a day), without visible defects, cracks and chips. The egg ellipse is regular, without concave and curved sections.
- Before making a bookmark, makedisinfectionweak solution of potassium permanganate.
- 7 days the temperature in the incubator is 38-3, 0C at a humidity of 70%.Flipping of eggs4 times a day.
- From 8 to 15 daysincrease air exchangein the cavity of the incubator and reduce the temperature to 3, 0C. The humidity is 60%. We turn 4-6 times a day.
- From 15 to 25 day the period is identical to the previous one, but add herechilling eggsfor 15-20 minutes twice a day. This is due to the processes inside the egg, when the temperature inside can rise above 400C.
- From 25-28 day -hatching ducklings. Considering the considerable thickness of the shell, it is possible to help the ducklings by increasing the humidity to 85-90% and the air flow. This will soften the shell. Do not forget to turn all the eggs.
Compliance with these simple rules will allow to expect, practically, a simultaneous brood of birds. Within a few hours the youngster reacts to noise, light and stands firmly on its feet..
Secrets of cultivation
After the birth of ducklings, along with the hen, you need to move to a specially designated place with special conditions for temperature and lighting. Litter, the first 5 days, in this place should retain heat, the temperature of 300C will help to adapt to new conditions.
As they reach the age of 3 weeks, the air gradually cools down to 220C, and by 4 weeks it is leveled at 18-200C. The indicator of the correctly selected regime is the behavior of the ducklings. Lack of mobility and boredom signals the supercooling of ducklings.
An open beak, lowered wings, sluggish reaction to food and increased water consumption indicate the need to lower the temperature.
The first 7 days provide round-the-clock coverage for ducklings. From next week each day, the duration is reduced by 1 hour, bringing up to 9 hours per day. Such a light day is acceptable until the end of the cultivation of individuals.
The intensity of illumination near the feeder, at the beginning, is 40 lux. Gradually reducing this value, we do not forget about the night meals of ducklings, for which we leave a bright bulb (3-5 lux) for the night.
The duck sprays water very much at the watering hole. Take care of changing the litter, providing it with constant dryness and looseness. Replacement occurs every 2-3 days. It is inadmissible to have a stable smell of hydrogen sulphide in the containment area of the young. Provide ventilation and ventilation, eliminating the appearance of drafts. Humidity maintain at a level of 60-75%..
How to Feed Young
Young growth of the Bashkir duck is unpretentious in eating and consumes the food that adults eat. Suitable for feeding derti cereals, soybean meal, bone, herbal and fish meal, fodder yeast. Dilute the diet with the chopped greens of dandelion, alfalfa, nettle. Add carrots, boiled potatoes, food waste.
As the ducklings grow older, the percentage of green fodder increases. The basic requirement for feed is freshness and good quality. Priority of taste preferences tends to dandelion, clover and alfalfa. They will not refuse from cereals to flowering, not coarsened nettles, cabbage leaves, carrot leaves or beets.
Recovered, banned, rancid and sour forage cause of infectious and intestinal diseases, causing deaths of livestock.
The use of dry food and clean water in a separate container, instead of lumps, prevents the death of ducklings and increases the percentage of birds heads surviving to the age of 3 weeks.
Pay attention to the compositions of ready-made combined feeds for ducks. The daily diet should include the necessary vitamins, minerals and trace elements. The lack of a number of elements will lead to weakening of the backbone (a fall on the feet), even at the age of 3-4 months.
An insufficient quantity, for example, of sulfur-containing amino acids leads to loss of feathering, in a short time. At 3 months, the ducklings are given the work of the coccygeal gland and if there is a pond of ducks can be released there. Gravel with a fraction of 3-5 mm add to the feed or keep in a separate container. After 2-3 weeks, it is possible to feed digested, shredded food waste.
When adding boiled potatoes to the food, be sure to drain the water. This will prevent the poisoning by solanine.
Ducks and ducklings disease
Previously, the unpretentiousness and stability of the Bashkir breed to unfavorable external factors was discussed. The disease is easier to prevent than treat. This rule also applies to ducks of this breed.
Follow the following rules to care for this bird brought joy and positive emotions.
- Strive tokeep drylitter for birds and cleanliness in the room, where the content occurs. Until the appearance of the bird, treat the room with bleach and caustic soda. Dry 3-4 days. Then whitewash with 20% lime solution 2-3 times.
- In the case of domestic withdrawal of ducklings or uncertainties about the integrity of the supplier of daily youngcontact your vetwith the help in vaccination, to prevent major diseases.
- Do not contain ducklingsof different ages in one penor indoors. Separate them until the moment when the younger are stronger, and will acquire sufficient resistance to infections and diseases.
- Pay attention to pets. Individual with sluggish behavior, apathy and lack of mobilitysick. She has, as a rule, ruffled feathers, lowered wings and unsteady unsteady gait. Isolate patients as early as possible from other healthy birds.
- If suspecteddeterioration of the condition, contact the veterinarian immediately, which will help keep the livestock of the bird house and minimize the negative consequences.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Extractabilityducklings at the level of 80%.
- Increasedresistanceinfectious diseases.
- Normal conditions and speedgain weight, regardless of weather and climate conditions.
- Not greasymeat.
- Previouslymasonry starteggs with ducks and assiduity in the nest.
- Low feedcosts.
The disadvantages are thus conditional and of a general nature, typical of a multitude of breeds of ducks. Appetite, the need for clean litter and water. Duck colors "khaki" have a lower egg production.
The choice of the Bashkir duck is justified and appropriate for a farm and a small private courtyard. The advantages of this breed prevail over the hassle of its content..