The Kuchinskaya jubilee breed of chickens is one of the most widespread around the world. These birds were bred in Russia and quickly gained popularity due to their high productivity. Here is a description and features of this breed..
Table of contents
- Description of the breed, cock differences from the chicken
- Characteristics of the productivity of layers
- Species of the breed
- Double outlined
- Features of breeding and growing
- Feeding of chickens and adult birds
- Common diseases and their treatment
- Advantages and disadvantages of the breed
- Reviews of the breed Kuchinskaya Jubilee
Description of the breed, cock differences from the chicken
Kuchinsky chickens are stately and bright birds. They have a strong even back, a broad and convex chest.The beak is bent down, the neck is long and strong.To distinguish cocks from chickens is very simple: the comb of the roosters is leaf-shaped with five prongs, the posterior ones being noticeably longer than the forequarters, in the chickens it is slightly smaller.
The nature of these birds is peaceful, they quickly tame and get used to new people, but they often manifest aggression to other people's chickens.
Chickens adapt to life in a cage, but on personal part-time farms it is customary to keep them in poultry houses with a range. This breed can be found not only in private farmsteads, but also at large poultry farms..
Characteristics of the productivity of layers
Kuchin jubilee chickens refer to the meat-egg direction of productivity. Representatives of this breed have the following quantitative characteristics:
- weight of young(at the age of 10 weeks): males -2 kg, chickens kg;
- weight of adult bird: roosters - about 4 kg, chickens -3 kg;
- egg-laying -from 180 to 200 eggs(layers begin to sweep in 6 months);
- the weight of one testicle is about 60 grams,shell brown;
- for 10 eggsexpendedabout, kg of mixed fodder.
Species of the breed
Representatives of the Kuchinskaya jubilee breed have two varieties of color: fringed and double contoured.
A distinctive feature of cocks- a rich golden brown color of head feathers. On each feather there are black bands that form at the end a black speck.
The collar is black, but to the back it turns into a bright golden one. The tail feathers are mostly black, but there are also brown ones. On the stomach, chest and wings a black border is noticeable.
The hens feathers on their heads are lighter than those of the males. In general, the colors of males and females are similar, but the chickens are slightly lighter.
A distinctive feature of these cocks is a bright red head. The main color of the collar is black, but there are also red feathers with the same bright red stem.
The tail is black with a greenish tint. It also features bright-red covering feathers. The breast is black, but on each feather there is a small speck of reddish color. Feathers on the abdomen are gray.
The chickens have a light-red head.Feathers on the whole body have two edging, which creates the effect of black sputtering. Collar is black-red (on each feather you can see bright red rods)..
Features of breeding and growing
Only the brightest representatives of the breed participate in breeding. Chickens are kept in a dry room on a litter or mesh..
It supports the following temperature modes:
- 1 Week- 25oC in the room, 34oC under the lamp;
- 2 weeks- 23oC in the room, 32oC under the lamp;
- 3 week- 21oC in the room, 29oC under the lamp;
- 4 week- 19оС in the room, 25оС under the lamp (to the month we remove completely).
The chickens do not need additional heating, but the temperature in the room where they are kept should not fall below the level of 18-19 degrees (in the first 1-2 months of life)..
Feeding of chickens and adult birds
Birds of the Kuchin breed are unpretentious to the diet. They are fed as a balanced feed, as well as grain, and moist food. Chickensfrom the first days of life give a finely chopped boiled egg, which is rolled in a manga.
As you grow in the diet, you enter greens, boiled potatoes and carrots, various supplements (bone meal, etc.), cottage cheese, fish. At the age of 2-3 weeks, chickens begin to get acquainted with cereals and grain (at first they grind them).
Adult hens are fed with mixtures of various kinds of grain or mixed fodder. In separate feeders should be mineral additives and gravel.
Once a day the chickens are given a wet mash, but make sure that such food does not stay in the poultry house for a long time, as it quickly turns sour. Water should be at the chickens and chickens around the clock (make sure that the drinkers are not contaminated)..
Common diseases and their treatment
Here is a list of diseases that develop with improper feeding of a bird:
- Avitaminosis, or a deficiency of vitamins in the body of chickens. Negatively affects the growth and productivity. Symptoms: delayed development, poor appetite, convulsions, conjunctivitis, digestive disorders. The treatment is simple - the inclusion in the diet of the necessary vitamins.
- Cannibalism, or by breaking the chicken. It is observed with protein deficiency in the diet. The treatment is the feeding of the bird with high-quality mixed fodders.
- Gastroenteritis, or an intestinal disorder. The reason - the feeding of birds by poor-quality products. In chickens, the body temperature rises, appetite decreases, the feces become greenish and liquid. Cours are transferred to light diets and give them antibiotics.
Advantages and disadvantages of the breed
The positive aspects of Kuchin hens include:unpretentiousness to the content, the possibility of growing in cages and on the ground, daily chickens differ in their sexual a sign, excellent productive indicators (meat quality and egg production), large eggs, high percentage of withdrawal young growth.
To the disadvantages of the parties the birds are:chickens at the age of 2 years and older are prone to obesity, and in eggs older than 2 years, egg production is markedly reduced.
Reviews of the breed Kuchinskaya Jubilee
Farmers in the reviews note that the Kuchinskaya jubilee breeds are quite nervous and active. Eggs are not large. When overfeeding chickens begin to bear worse, so you should monitor the volume of food fed.Many farmers like thatthese birds rush even at low temperatures(+ 3... + 5 degrees).
Kuchinsky jubilee chickens are a favorite breed of many poultry farmers. They have a high productivity, they are early-matched, they perfectly adapt to any conditions of detention. Be sure to monitor the feeding regime, and then the Kuchin chickens will not bring you much trouble..