If the Hansa dishwasher displays an error code E4 on the display, the diagnostic system has detected a fault: water overflow. Full decoding will tell you where to look and how to fix the breakdown.
Content of the material:
- 1Why there is an error E4
- 2What to do to solve the problem
Why there is an error E4
The instructions indicate that the E4 code indicates a water overflow in the system. For what reasons could the machine show an error:
- Do not switch on the pressure switch or give the board incorrect readings;
- broken intake valve.
How to fix the situation, read below.
What to do to solve the problem
Before attempting to repair or replace faulty items, you must exclude a system failure: when the board issues a fault by mistake. Try resetting the code. For this:
- remove the PMM plug from the socket;
- wait 10-15 minutes;
- start the technique.
Look at the Hansa dishwasher screen. If the icons are lit again, you need to find and fix the problem. First check the pressure switch (level sensor), as it is responsible for the amount of water in the hopper. When he gives wrong testimony, the water can pour.
In some models, the PMM, instead of the pressure switch, establishes a flow sensor.
Let's describe the general sequence of actions:
- Disconnect the equipment from the network and communications.
- Free the camera from the baskets.
- Turn the machine over the back.
- Remove the panel from the bottom.
- A plastic box with tubes is attached to the circulation unit.
- To check its operability, attach the test leads to the terminals and measure the resistance. If the value drops to zero, the workpiece is working.
- In case of malfunction, replace the sensor.
The fill solenoid valve is equipped with a diaphragm. In the disconnected state, the membrane closes the passage, but as soon as the valve receives an impulse, the septum opens and water is poured. The cause of the failure can be in the mechanical or electronic part.
To diagnose the mechanical part, a working voltage is applied to the valve to check whether the membrane is working or not. The diagnostics of the MMP "Hansa" electronics is performed by a multimeter.
The valve is easy to replace. It is enough to disconnect the wiring harness and unscrew the fixing screw.
That's how you can solve the problem yourself with the help of the code E 4. For more information on how to replace the pressostat in a dishwasher, see our separate article.