Apple trees periodically give gardeners-lovers such a large-scale harvest that there is no place for excess fruit.In addition to jam and compotes, there is still another version of fruit processing - juice. But many do not contact this kind of blanks because of the high labor intensity of the process. Conventional household juicers simply can not cope with a large amount of raw materials, and buy a professional device for the season, not all are ready. But there is an excellent option - quickly and efficiently squeeze the juice from apples on the press made by themselves..
Table of contents
- What materials will be required?
- Types of constructions: schemes and drawings
- Worm gear or hydraulic jack: what to choose?
- Making a press with your own hands
- The simplest frame press with a worm gear
- Case hydraulic press for apples
- Preparation of raw materials
- The simplest design of a self-made crusher
- The process of squeezing juice from apples at home
What materials will be required?
To make a standard press independently, you do not need special skills and drawings. Measuring, sawing a rail, hammering a nail or screwing a nut, if desired, anyone can.
For the manufacture of home press tools will require a hacksaw for wood and metal (or Bulgarian), a welding machine, screwdrivers, pliers, hammer.As for the materials, the following are mostly used:
- metal channel;
- wooden bars, slats, boards;
- self-tapping screws, bolts and nuts;
- tank or barrel, stainless steel sheet;
- bench screw and nut, valve, threaded rod or jack - depending on the chosen design;
- Strong fabric with good drainage properties for bags for apples: coarse calico, cotton, jute burlap, linen.
Types of constructions: schemes and drawings
The main thing in the press is a solid foundation and working mechanism.
The principle of the device:
- Layered through the drainage grillesFit the prepared raw material for pressing(crushed apples) in tissue bags;
- through a mechanismthe oppression drops from aboveand presses the juice.
A good press squeezes 65-70% of the juice, leaving almost dry cake. It's quite possible to make this with your own hands.
The constructions of the self-made press differ according to the principle of the main mechanism:
- Based on the jack: mechanical and hydraulic.
In the bulk of the structures, the pressure is from above, butIn the combined version, the compression proceeds in two directions:using a screw mechanism from above and a hydraulic jack from below.
Press for pressing juice consists of the following parts:
- quadrangular or cylindricalhousingInside of which are bags with shredded apples;
- wooden grilles, with which bags are transferred, so as not to creep;
- piston-gnoym, directly exerting pressure on the cake;
- pivotfor a jack;
- working mechanism:screw with handle, mechanical or hydraulic jack;
The main body can be:
- single perforated:juice through the holes will flow down the walls and through the bottom into the pallet;
- double: on the perforated metal cylinder, a solid casing is slightly larger than the diameter;
- in the form of a solid metal casewith one drain hole from the bottom;
- assembled from wooden rods connected by hoops, - a barrel. The walls thus function as a drainage grate.
Corps may not be- just a pyramid of wooden frame-lattices in a tray with a mouth at the bottom, under which a container for juice is substituted.
This construction is simple and quick to assemble. For the bottom plate, you can take a piece of table top, for example..
Worm gear or hydraulic jack: what to choose?
The screw (worm) mechanism in the press is realized in the form of a large screw (threaded axis) with a nut or a mechanical jack. The latter option is much simpler - you can buy in the parts store or get it out of the trunk of the car, you do not need to look for anything, adjust, sharpen and weld.
The construction on the basis of a hydraulic jack is much more productive(effort from 1t) than mechanical ones, and require a minimum of labor on the part of a person. Bottle hydraulic jacks make it possible to squeeze juice quickly and in large volumes. They fit comfortably into any design.
Making a press with your own hands
The press needs a stable strong support - the frame. The simplest thing is to collect it from wooden bars with screws. For the manufacture of a metal frame, a welding machine and a channel are required..
The dimensions of the frame depend on the diameter of the working housing or the parameters of the drainage grids. Therefore, if you plan a cabinet construction, then you need to prepare the container in advance.
The simplest frame press with a worm gear
Stable construction is welded. In the center of the upper channel, a hole is cut for the screw nut (you can use the old bench or order from turners). The nut is welded into the frame.
Thengoing to a wooden drainage grate, which is a two layer of strips stuffed perpendicular to each other. The thickness of the rails is not less than 20 mm. Also it is necessary to install a stand from the bars. On the upper board is fixed the clamp for the pressing part of the screw - any suitable form of a metal part (can be planted on epoxy glue).
The tray is made of stainless steel sheet, in the front part a spout is bent. It remains to substitute the pan or another container. The result is a press.
Case hydraulic press for apples
The frame for the hydraulic press is assembled according to the same principle as for the screw press.As the hull is easiest to take a ready-made metal or wooden barrel. At the very bottom a hole is cut out and equipped with a spout.
If the wooden barrel is not completely sealed - even good. The juice will merge at once in several directions, in the end it will still be in the pan. On such a design from above it is better to put on a plastic casing with a larger diameter so that there is no splashing.
The wooden case can be made independently:
- It will take: several equal in size plates (can be parquet), two strips of stainless steel and screws with anti-corrosion coating.
- Planks from above and from below are screwed with screwsto the strips at a distance of about 10 mm.
- Strips with boards are bent in the form of a circle, the ends of the strips are bolted together.
- As a pallet, there may be a suitable diameter plastic bowlwith a sip cut out for juice.
Another important element is the emphasis for the jack. It is usually made of wood: you need to knock down the slats and cut out the resulting blade a little less than the diameter of the working case. It is possible to peel a support from a sheet of stainless steel with the help of a Bulgarian.
Drain pads are made as in the description for the screw press, but they are given a round shape.
As a result, the design should look something like the photo..
Preparation of raw materials
The principle of pressing apple juicesimple - the smaller the chopped raw materials, the more the product will be output. It is best to use a special chopper (crusher), since it is theoretically possible to finely cut several buckets of apples by hand, but in practice it is difficult to implement. Electromyasorubka for large volumes is also not an option: roaring, howling, warming, and eventually can burn. A suitable crusher can also be made independently.
The simplest design of a self-made crusher
From a moisture-proof plywood or sheet stainless steel, a deep hopper is slightly mounted on the cone. To him for stability from the bottom are attached two bars. In the lower part of the container, a wooden platen cuts (preferably beech) with screws screwed in a spiral.As a drum, you can use a conventional kitchen roll. The axis of rotation of the roller comes out, a drill is inserted into it and the process begins.
Some just crush apples in a bucket with a construction mixer..
The process of squeezing juice from apples at home
Once the raw materials are prepared, itis laid out on fabric bags or wrapped in pieces of fabric on the principle of an envelope. Next, the convolutions are stacked in a container, basket or simply at the bottom of the structure layer by layer through the drainage grilles. About 3-4 packets are placed. From above oppression is lowered, the juice flows down into the pallet. When the push-up process is completed, the mash is taken out, the next batch is loaded.
The remaining cake after quality pressure usually gets dry and compressed into "tablets" (photo 16).
The resulting juice can not only drink fresh, but also make blanks for the winter:
- pasteurizedrolled up juice;
- applewineseveral species;
Apples are a very valuable product. Bury and give the neighboring pigs the surplus harvest is extremely imprudent and wasteful. Having built a couple of simple devices, you can quickly and easily recycle all the fruits. And in the winter it will be so nice to get useful and delicious amber drinks from the cellar or fridge!.