In this article we will analyze the principle of the shock absorber of a washing machine, find out why this part is needed and how to fix it if necessary. Depending on the brand of stylalki, these details may have their own peculiarities.
Content of the material:
1Features of work
- 1.1Difference in device
- 2Checking and Diagnostics
- 3What a breakdown could happen
Features of work
What are shock absorbers for? They quench the vibrations of the machine during operation, therefore they are located under the tank. When spinning at high speed, the drum rotates rapidly, the SMA begins to vibrate strongly. If there was no damping effect, then it would jump on the spot.
In more modern models of CM, dampers are used. Let's see what the differences between these shock-absorbing parts are.
Difference in device
Before replacing the shock absorbers in the washing machine, consider their device:
- return spring;
- a piston with rods;
Now go to the shock absorber damper washing machine. The element is the same cylindrical structure, only without springs. In this case, a spiral tank is suspended on the springs. This feature contributes to better vibration damping, so it is used in new models everywhere.
Checking and Diagnostics
How can I check the proper functioning of the shock absorbers? First, pay attention to the characteristic signs of a breakdown:
- If the part is poorly lubricated, the drum starts to spin.
- Making a big turn, the dumb blast makes a lot of noise, knocks, vibrates.
Secondly, carry out the diagnostics of shock absorbers for the washing machine. How to do it yourself:
- Remove the top cover of the CM. Unplug it from the mains, then unscrew the two screws that hold the cover from the back. Push it into the opposite side of yourself and remove it from the case.
- With a little effort, press your hands on the tank so it sinks down. Now release it sharply.
- Watch the movements of the tank. If it jumped up, and does not move anymore - the dampers are OK. If it starts to swing in different directions, you will have to repair the shock absorber or the damper of the washing machine yourself.
What a breakdown could happen
What caused the malfunction:
- Wear of gaskets because of frequent operation.
- Defective parts, wrong transportation of the machine.
- Malfunction of the rod that attaches the shock absorber.
Whatever failure does not happen, it is important to know how to restore the shock absorber in your washing machine. Read about it below.
Let's find out how you can get to the damper. Do the following:
- Suppose you have already removed the top cover.
- Shut off the water supply and disconnect the inlet hose from the housing. There may be water in it, so prepare a container in advance to drain it.
- Now you need to remove the front panel. To do this, pull out the dispenser tray: press the latch in the center and pull the tray toward you.
- Unscrew the screws that fix the control panel. Two or three bolts are located behind the tray and from the opposite side.
- Squeeze the plastic latches.
- Take a picture of the arrangement of the wires on the panel and disconnect them or put the panel on top of the AGR casing.
- Open the hatch door. Having bent the sealing rubber, pierce the metal clamp with a screwdriver, remove it.
- Fill the cuff inside the drum.
- Unscrew the bolts of the manhole lock (UBL).
- Disconnect the wiring from the locking device, pull it out.
- Unclip the panel catches at the bottom where the drain filter is located, and set aside.
- Unscrew the screws securing the front panel, and remove it.
At the bottom of the tank you will notice two dampers. They are usually fastened with the help of plastic rods from above and bolts from below. How to remove the shock absorber from the washing machine:
- On the reverse side of the rod mounting, put on the nut to disarm the latch.
- Grasping the plunger with pliers, pull it toward you.
- Now unscrew the bolt at the bottom.
Some users ask themselves: how to check shock absorbers when buying? Same as with replacement. Squeeze and unclasp the part in your hand: if you do it hard, then the product is good. If you easily squeeze the shock absorber - it needs a replacement.
Note! Even if only one damper is defective, both must be changed at once.
How can I repair the shock absorber in my washing machine? First, pull out the insert, which slows the movement of the rod. If the rod moves easily and quickly, most likely, the insert (gasket) has worn out. To replace it:
- Take the strap 3 mm thick.
- Try on the diameter of the hole.
- Insert the cut piece of the belt into the seat of the seal so that the edges fit tightly together.
- Before installing the rod, you need to lubricate the part to reduce friction. If you do not know how to lubricate the shock absorbers of a washing machine, use a conventional oil-grease.
- Install the stem. Now you know how to fix the shock absorber of a washing machine.
More information about the repair, see the video:.
In different models, CM parts may differ, so do not buy at random. In the store, name the brand and model of the stylar to the seller, and he will offer you suitable items. Or go for a purchase with an old dampener. Be sure to choose the right spare part before replacing the shock absorbers on the washing machine.
Another difficulty. In some models of washers, to dismantle dampers, you have to pull out the drum with the drum.
To perform the installation, first insert the rods, securing the upper part. Then tighten the bolt at the bottom, assemble the machine. The repair is finished. Having found out how to change and check the shock absorber on the washing machine, you can start to work independently. Buy new parts or repair old ones - the choice is yours. The video will help you:.