Does your lawn need constant care? Then you can not do without a lawnmower. But, going to the store, you understand that this technique is quite expensive.
You do not need to overpay, because from this article you will learn how to make a homemade lawn mower from a washing machine. Namely - from the engine styralki. Consider what materials will be needed for work and how to create an effective lawn mowing machine.
Content of the material:
1Lawn mower with a motor from an old washing machine
- 1.1Tools & Parts
- 1.2Features of knife manufacture
- 1.3Step-by-step creation of a lawn mower from a washing machine
Lawn mower with a motor from an old washing machine
All lawn mowers are divided into two types:
- Petrol. Are used for processing large areas. They are productive, noisy, and also create exhausts during operation.
- Electric. Much more environmentally friendly, however, their movement around the site is limited by the length of the network cable.
The design of the electric lawnmower is quite simple. If you want, you can assemble your own equipment with your own hands. To work, there is enough base to which the wheels and legs are attached. A motor is mounted on top. Also need a handle to control.
The efficiency of work and the number of mowed grass will depend on the height of the base installation and the quality of the knives.
Of course, the homemade lawn mower is deprived of some advantages of proprietary equipment. For example, the ability to harvest grass, adjust the cutting height of the lawn. You will have to move it by yourself on the site, collect grass.
At the same time, without paying for the device a penny, you get a well-groomed and neat lawn.
Homemade technique, as well as professional, is a dangerous tool. Therefore, you need to provide a special button that will work when the knife is jammed.
Tools & Parts
Before you make a lawn mower with your own hands, you need to prepare everything you need:
- The engine is from the washing machine. Suitable as a motor for 180 watts, and for 500 watts. The more powerful it is, the more efficient the device will cope with the work. The use of an asynchronous motor will make it possible to work much quieter.
- Low wheels. You can use plastic wheels from a wheelbarrow or from a stroller - 4 pieces.
- A sheet of metal or steel is useful for the base. You can also use a shallow basin, so that the grass will not scatter in different directions.
- Knifes can be used from a proprietary lawnmower, but can be made independently of steel strips - see the next section for how to do this.
- Profile pipe for handle. You can apply the handle from the stroller, the main thing is that the pipe is not heavy.
- Metal corners for the manufacture of frames.
- Wire made of copper with three cores. The length depends on the size of the lawn.
- The switch can be taken together with the motor from the washing machine.
You will need these tools:
- end and spanner wrenches;
- a hammer;
- nuts, bolts, screws.
Features of knife manufacture
On the quality of the knife depends the productivity and efficiency of the lawn mower. You can make two types yourself:
- One-piece knife. It is made from a single piece of steel, the edges of which are sharpened at an angle of 60 degrees. In the middle, a hole is made to fix the knife to the shaft. In the center of the connection a casing is installed, which prevents the grass from winding onto the base. A can is used as such a casing.
With the help of the burner, the back side of the plate is bent, which promotes uniform cutting.
- Composite knife.The length of the knife should not exceed 50 cm. If you make it in the form of a trapezoid, then the grass can not be wound on the base. At this sharpening are subject only to the last 5 cm of cloth. You can also use a one-piece disc that has advantages over knives: when struck against a stone, it does not deform.
Step-by-step creation of a lawn mower from a washing machine
To prepare the base, it is advisable to use a chassis from a stroller or cart. Then it is enough to fix the canvas on them. But if the chassis is not there, the corners will be used in the course, which will be transformed into a frame by welding. Dimensions of the frame, x, centimeter.
Now do this:
- Four wheels for the car are welded to the frame.
- In addition to the base, a pipe or profile, curved in the shape of the letter "P is attached.
- An opening for the engine installation is prepared. For this, a hole is cut in the base, into which the motor is lowered by the shaft downwards.
- Front of the frame is installed grate. It will prevent slipping of the knife from the shaft, and will also smoothly mow the lawn.
- A homemade knife is mounted on the motor shaft.
- The handle is attached to the base. On the handle is installed a switch for convenience.
- The cable is connected to the motor, the other end of the cable is connected to the mains with a plug.
Observe the safety measures. If you have used shaped pipes as a handle, be sure to cover them with rubber pads to avoid electric shock.
As you can see, you can make a lawn mower with a motor from the washing machine yourself. This is a simple and effective design that does not require additional costs from you.