If you have a working pump from an old washing machine, you can find a decent application. With the correct connection and installation, the part can be adapted for pumping out water and watering the country cottage area.
A self-made irrigation pump from a washing machine is an excellent alternative to buckets and watering cans for irrigation of a flower bed or garden.
Content of the material:
- 1Why use self-made of a washing machine
2Which pump is suitable for operation
- 2.1Preparation for work
- 2.2Parts and accessories
- 3Step-by-step instruction on how to make a pump yourself
Why use self-made of a washing machine
How to use the pump? Of course, the power of the pump from the styralka is not enough to water large areas. However, it will perfectly cope with a small garden.
Some fit it to create a fountain. You can also use it as a backup option, if suddenly the main pump breaks down - it will allow watering the plants during the hot season.
Which pump is suitable for operation
In previous articles, we described how to connect the engine from the washing machine. Pumps also found application, but it is desirable to use the details of an unnecessary Soviet machine like ENSM-1U4 from the "Rusalka" stylalki. It gives out 50 Hz and 30 liters per hour. Whereas new pumps can not provide you with even such an indicator.
How to connect the pump? It connects to a barrel or tank and helps pump water through the hose directly to the destination. Of course, a lot of pressure should not be expected, but this is quite enough for watering or washing the vehicle.
Preparation for work
You will need the following tools:
- horn and wrench;
- soldering iron;
Parts and accessories
- Short hose for water filling.
- Long hose to deliver water to the beds.
- Casing made of plastic.
- Relay 24 V (you can use a relay from an old electrical appliance).
- Insulated copper wires.
- Power cord (it is possible from a non-working stylalki).
- Straight Tee.
- Insulating tape.
- A barrel for water.
Step-by-step instruction on how to make a pump yourself
Before connecting the pump with your own hands, check the conformity of the relay contacts and the electric pump. To do this, take a multimeter tester and alternately apply the test leads to each wire. Connect the pump harness to the relay wires.
Then proceed as follows:
- Prepare a plastic container or jar. Do holes in it to exit the wiring and put the relay inside. This will serve as a weatherproof cover.
- Connect the pump from the washing machine to the mains and check the operation.
- On the pump outlet, install a pass-through tee. Install the hoses on the back of the tee. Secure the connections with metal clips.
- What can I do to fix the pump comfortably? Take the metal or duralumin plate. Drill in it six holes for thread 6 mm. Four holes are provided for installing the pump, two for attaching the plate.
- Take a strip of steel with a size of 15x800 mm, a thickness of 6 mm. Drill in the pin two holes for fastenings.
- On the plate, fix the pump, then screw the plate itself to the bolt. The latter sticks into the ground and serves not only as a support, but also as a grounding.
It remains to verify the efficiency of the water structure. To do this, lower the short hose into the barrel of water. If it is a container with a lid, you can make a hole in it to install the hose, and then insulate it with a sealant.
The pump also hides in a protective casing. You can use a plastic box, in which you need to prepare holes for the wires in advance. After protecting the pump, all openings are insulated with sealant.
Use the pump from a washing machine for the usual watering of the garden or the organization of drip irrigation..
Do not leave the pump on for too long, it is not designed for heavy loads..
Applying old unnecessary spare parts from the washing machine, you can greatly facilitate life in the country suburban area.