- 1 General rules for the care of linoleum
2 Removal of various building materials
- 2.1 3 recipes, how to remove cement and whitewash with linoleum
- 2.2 2 prescription, how to get rid of ink stains on linoleum
- 2.3 5 ways to remove primer and assembly foam with linoleum
3 Detergents linoleum
- 3.1 Special cleaners linoleum
- 3.2 Folk remedies
- 4 Summary
After repairing the premises requires careful cleaning. Sometimes, however, remove the remnants of building materials is not so easy. Especially when it comes to floor coverings that are affected by pollution in the first place. Today I'll show you how to quickly and easily clean up the linoleum.
General rules for the care of linoleum
- During repairs, be sure to close the floor as much as possible. For this fit mat, newspapers, pictures and other materials that are available at your fingertips. Secure improvised flooring to plinths by using adhesive tape.
- Avoid using sharp objects (Knife, spatula) to remove impurities. This may damage the linoleum.
- Before using aggressive cleaning agents (Solvent, an alcohol) is desirable to conduct a test on a small area of linoleum.
- Soda and alkaline agents is strictly not suitable for cleaning linoleum. Alkali wash is difficult - it penetrates deep into the linoleum can leave stains. In this case, it is not only bad for the appearance of the coating, but also destroys its structure, making linoleum brittle and fragile.
- Do not forget to wash the floor with rubber gloves - Some drugs can harm the skin of the hands.
Removal of various building materials
A piece of cloth soaked in linseed oil or linseed oil, will help to restore the luster of linoleum. Just rub them washed and dry floor.
3 recipes, how to remove cement and whitewash with linoleum
After using cement and whitewash in the room where the bed linoleum, even after a thorough cleaning of the floor are whitish stains and plaque. It comes from the fact that the chosen cleaning agent or failed to cope with the problem, or is not suitable for this type of coverage.
The wash floors of whitewash and cement? It is better to use such means:
Recipe 1. Salt and soap
A small amount of salts and soaps, diluted in warm water will easily wash whitewash from the floor. Please note - the water should not be too hot, otherwise the linoleum may lose its brightness and luster.
Recipe 2. Manganese
A few grains of potassium permanganate dissolved in warm water to help remove the bad white coating.
Recipe 3. Kerosene
For serious stains, use kerosene, dissolved in water. The facility has an unpleasant odor, so after using it you need to wash the floor again.
2 prescription, how to get rid of ink stains on linoleum
To remove the paint from the linoleum is better to use such means:
Recipe 1. Sunflower oil
sunflower oil perfectly softens the paint. After that it can be removed with a stiff brush.
Recipe 2. Solvent
Dried paint stains can be removed with solvent or other means with a high alcohol content.
The main rule is to remove the paint - do it immediately after contamination. Old paint stain is removed considerably heavier.
5 ways to remove primer and assembly foam with linoleum
The primer to remove the tile and linoleum? To remove traces of the primer and the foam is better to use such means:
Method 1. construction trowel
This tool is perfect for the removal of not yet hardened foam. Just you collect her movements from the edge to the center, and then wipe the following special cleaning agent.
Method 2. sharp cutter
Suitable for the removal of solidified foam. Cut foam and treat the contaminated area with a special cleaning agent.
Method 3. rag
Fresh primer with linoleum can be assembled in the usual doormat. After this procedure, you need to wash the floors.
Method 4. Acetone
A solution of acetone in water (acetone-third and two-thirds water) will help to remove traces of already dried primer. To do this means better use of rough washcloth.
Method 5. Means for removal of a varnish
If the contaminated area is not too large, you can use the usual means for removing varnish and hard sponge.
The wash primer with tiles? The same way.
Special cleaners linoleum
For stubborn dirt, you can use a special shop tools for cleaning of linoleum. The most popular and effective:
|«TaffStuss» - a multifunctional foam cleaner for dry cleaning a variety of surfaces, including linoleum.|
|"White Spirit" - a strong solvent that is easy to remove any contamination. When using it, care should be taken caution - use gloves and ventilate the area.|
«646» - multicomponent solvent which easily cope with a variety of paints.
The main advantages: Ease of use, efficiency, low price.
The main disadvantages: Toxic, flammable.
|"Mister proper" - one of the cap means, dissolved in a bucket of water, perfectly cope with stains from whitewash and plaster.|
Finally talk about effective folk remedies that will help you with your hands clean linoleum from various contaminants and preserve its beauty:
- Water and milk in equal amounts can freshen up linoleum and give it a shine. And if you then rub the surface with woolen cloth, it will not be easy to shine and sparkle!
- elderberry help to clean the linoleum in the kitchen and easily remove even stubborn dirt and grease stains.
- Potato starch easy to remove iodine stains. To this end, the starch is necessary to moisten with water, and the resulting slurry was applied to the pollution site. The procedure should be repeated until the complete disappearance of the spot.
- school eraser It helps to remove traces of rubber footwear.
- Match - yes, you heard right - the usual match easily remove the traces of a ballpoint pen. Just wet the match and rub the dirt. Pasta is moist and it will simply be removed with a cloth.
- Sauerkraut juice effectively fights stubborn dirt. Acid this dish penetrates deep into the surface and leaves the floor clean and smooth.
Now you know what to wash linoleum after the repair is not too difficult: it all depends on the correct choice of detergent and your desire to have a clean and beautiful floor.
The video in this article you will find a step by step guide of all the cleaning process. And if you then still have questions, ask them in the comments - I'll try to answer them.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!