In my kitchen is always a procedure. But as much as I tried not to keep clean the sink, over time, from the sewers appears disgusting flavor. I have learned to deal with this problem. Now I want to share with you how to remove the smell from the sink in the kitchen and to extend its purity.
The causes of odor
For a start I suggest to understand why it stinks from the sink in the kitchen. Over time in the pipes extending under the sink, accumulated dirt and grease. They begin to rot, and from which there is an unpleasant odor.
Siphon - the main part of the kitchen drain. He is:
- , bulb (bottle);
Each is equipped with a siphon or hydraulic lock, so-called "water lock". Its principle of operation is quite simple: there must always be water. This fluid does not spread the smell of the kitchen sink.
If the water is no longer accumulating in the trap, There is an unpleasant smell from the sink in the kitchen. It may have occurred some problems with the operation of this device. Here are the main ones:
- Stretched corrugated tube. Blotchy corrugation is not doing its job, and it must be hard to fix.
- Improper installationsiphon. Plastic pipe should sink in water for several cm, if set incorrectly - bad odor of the pipes is guaranteed.
- Frequency of use. If the sink for a long time not to use, then siphon all the liquid evaporate. Because of this, and there will be stench.
If after a long absence you noticed that sewage smell in the kitchen, try to drain the water. Soon the smell should disappear.
- Self Repair. With self-assembly and repair of the siphon may be properly formed water seal. Water will either merge at once, or to climb back into the sink.
Unfortunately, not all problems can be associated with the installation and operation of the siphon.
What else contributes to the appearance of an unpleasant smell:
- bad sealing. If the drain and sewer are not sealed, they must urgently be sealed at the junction.
- scored riser. If the pipes are clogged waste, the occurrence of stench can not be avoided.
Do not allow to sink large food residues and other waste.
- Mechanical damage on the walls of the pipes. Cracks and chips will pass water on the floor and walls. They will begin to appear mildew and cause an unpleasant smell.
Getting rid of the unpleasant smell from the sink
We found out why the smell from the sink in the kitchen. Now I tell you what to do to correct the arisen situation without the involvement of outside help. We need:
- plumber's snake;
- holiday hose;
- soda + vinegar;
- home shopping means for cleaning the pipes.
3 mechanical method
If you notice that the water is not drained in the sink, it is likely that within a traffic jam of waste. The easiest way to eliminate its own hands with the help of the valve. For this:
- put the plunger cup over the drain hole;
- start moving the handle up and down so that the bottom plunger does not separate from the shell itself.
When the blockage is in a remote location, you can use a plumber's snake. This is a long spring which bends repeats sewer pipes. One end of the cable must be sent to the sink and try to push as far as possible.
From the first time may not be able to push the rope deeply. Try the back-and-forth motions pull it out and then lowered into the drain hole.
Increase efficiency of the process can be cleaning the rope if, in addition to let tap water.
Another way to eliminate the smell of the shell involves the use of a flexible hose holiday. This method is very similar to the previous one. However, to find the house a conventional hose is much easier than the plumber's snake.
I do not recommend using the hose after pipe cleaning chemistry. Water can politsya out with detergent.
3 chemical method
Eliminate the smell from the sink can be purchased as a household cleaning products and materials at hand. Instructions provided in the table, tell how and what to do:
Means 1. Soda + Vinegar
Fill the drain polstakana baking soda, pour bite in the same amount and close the opening. Then we will need a plug for the sink in the kitchen. After that, pour plenty of water.
Means 2. Salt
Take a glass of fine salt and pour into the drain hole sink. After 2 chasa drain and check the results. If necessary - repeat.
Means 3. "Mole"
In most shoplifting means available in liquid or powder form. Use each according to the instructions placed on the label.
The price of drugs depends on the speed of action and the component composition.
I hope my advice was given an exhaustive answer to the question of how to remove the smell from the sink in the kitchen. Videos in this article shows clearly how to proceed. If you do not understand something - please contact the comments.