Firstly, it should be borne in mind that chocolate stains can be finally removed only if they are still fresh and did not have time to completely dry. Therefore, as soon as you notice a treacherous dark spot on clothes, you must immediately take steps to eliminate it.
Secondly, you should not immediately catch at the first stain remover, you need to take into account the type of fabric from which the soiled thing is made. In order to effectively remove stains and not harm clothes, consider some nuances:
- Immediately before starting to remove contamination, it is recommended to walk on clothes with a brush suitable for the type of fabric, if there is not enough time left, you can only treat the area around the stain. This simple manipulation will allow to remove particles of dust and dirt from clothes, which will not allow new stains to form during washing.
- In order not to smudge the stain on the whole thing, it is necessary to brush off the excess of the not yet absorbed sweetness with a blunt object or a brush, so that only flat dirt remains.
- Even with the observance of the rules of the washing of a particular type of fabric, you can stumble upon an incident, for example, the dye may discolor or chocolate will enter even more. To avoid this, you need to try to apply the chosen tool on an invisible part of the thing - a seam or inside, the ideal option would be to try a method on a spare piece of cloth from these clothes.
- To avoid unforeseen situations, it is necessary to remove the stain on the wrong side. From this, the effectiveness of the tool will not decrease, but you additionally protect yourself from damage to your favorite thing.
- Chocolate immediately after contact with the fabric eats very deeply into its fibers, so you do not need to rub the stained place much - it will only aggravate the situation. Movement should be fast, but non-aggressive.
- To start removing stains from the edges, as you clean, gradually moving to the center. This will allow you to quickly complete the washing process, not allowing the stain to increase in size.
- When you first wash the soiled thing, use the most gentle means. If it does not fulfill its task, it will be possible to move to more concentrated solutions.
- In order not to waste time and energy in vain, it is recommended to alternate the application of the selected agent with rinsing. As soon as the pollution can be completely removed, you need to rinse the item and send it to dry.
In other cases, you must first focus on the type of fabric, for each of them has its own methods. In addition, it is necessary to separate white and colored clothes; chocolate is also removed from them differently.
How to remove chocolate from cotton
If your clothes are made of light colored cotton, ordinary milk will help. It is necessary to decompose the area with pollution in one layer so that the stain does not transfer to another part of the clothing, and pour 1 - 2 teaspoons of milk onto it. After that, the pollution should be easily wiped with a white cloth or a thick cloth and washed as usual.
If a stain cannot be removed with the help of milk, you can use soap: you can use it to contaminate fresh contamination, preferably with salt water. An even more effective method is to treat a dirty area with a cotton pad dipped in a weak solution of ammonia.
Silk is a very delicate fabric, liquid ammonia can save it from chocolate. It should be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 1 and with the help of a cotton pad to handle pollution. After this procedure, it is necessary to rinse the item and wash it in the usual way - by hand or in a washing machine.
How to wipe a stain from
synthetics If the clothes are made of artificial fabric, you can also wipe off the stain using ammonia, but in this case medical alcohol will also be involved. It is necessary to dissolve sal ammoniac in the ratio of 3: 1, on the back of the product you need to put paper napkins. Using a cotton pad, the stain is treated with a solution; in the process, wipes should be replaced as they become dirty.
Differences in color
Some methods are suitable only for white or only for colored clothing. To remove the pollution on white, you need to drop 1 - 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide on it, leave for 10 minutes, then rinse the thing in cold water. This method will remove even stained spots, but only on thick clothing. For colored things you need the following solution: a glass of water is mixed with a glass of glycerin, 1 teaspoon of ammonia is added. The spot needs to be slightly moistened with water, treated with a solution with a sponge and rinsed.