Cancers - a tasty and healthy delicacy. The only negative - they are very perishable. I know several ways to prolong their shelf life. Willingly share with you how to keep crayfish alive and cooked without losing the beneficial properties.
The first step after catching crabs they must be properly packaged and delivered to the place of preparation. Crawfish boil can only live so it is important to transport them safely. How better to do this?
Option 1. Wooden or cardboard box
In the box there are a few holes that got into oxygen. Then put on the bottom of a wet cloth and fold to cancers, as shown in the photo.
Storage of live crayfish in this way very short - up to 2 hours.
Option 2. Capacity with river water
Fill a suitable container to the brim of the river (the well), and lower water to live crawfish.
Shelf life in a form - up to 4 hours.
Option 3. Metal grid
This method is useful when cooking crayfish right near the place of capture. Send your crayfish into the net, close it and then lower into the water.
storage life - up to 6 hours.
Option 4. Thermos with river water
The thermos for spearfishing enter the river water and dip to a catch.
storage life - till 12 o'clock.
As I said, in the food consumed only cooked crustaceans alive. Why can not cook dead crabs? In the process of their life, these arthropods feed mainly on carrion. So, their insides accumulate a wide variety of bacteria. Once the cancer dies, organs begin to decay and poison the meat.
Therefore, the answer to the question whether it is possible to cook dead crabs caught yesterday and whether there are dead crayfish - is a categorical no.
There are a few rules:
- Do not use aluminum containers for transportation.
- Cancers can begin to eat each other a couple of hours. Therefore, in the case of long transportation leave the lure.
As for cancers amiss feeding small fish and vegetable meals (potatoes, peas, nettle).
- Every 4 hours you need to change the water.
How to keep crustaceans at home
There are three main approaches to the storage of arthropods at home:
Method 1. live
Key recommendationsHow to keep the crayfish live in the home.
- Keep only active individuals. All surfaced and straightened neck cancers, it is necessary to dispose.
- Use glass, ceramic or stainless steel dishes.
- Lure crustaceans. They can fight and eat each other if they are not fed. In addition, your delicacy quickly lose weight.
Instruction is presented in the table, how to keep live crayfish few days with the help of available funds:
Method 1. Aquarium
If the house has a large tank with pump and compressor - you are lucky. In such circumstances, it is possible not only to maintain but also grow small animals.
Method 2. home bath
Fill the bath drinking water and lower back live specimens. Be sure to change the water daily and fertilize crayfish fish or plants.
In such circumstances arthropods survive to 5 days.
Method 3. Large capacity water
Type in the pelvis and lower back water crayfish. But even with the regular water changes and feeding - the shelf life of not more than 2 days.
We figured out how to keep live crayfish at home, but all of these methods are not suitable tap water with metal impurities and chlorine, crayfish will not withstand such conditions and will soon cease to breathe. Need a river, Well or drinking (bottled) water.
Dry storage of live crayfish
- Take a wooden box and Cover the wet cloth.
- Arrange there crabs and the top cover with wet moss.
- Cover the box with a lid and opravte in a dark dry place.
- Shelf life up to 2 days.
- rinse crayfish under running water.
- Put them in a bag, not tying it.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator in the vegetable compartment.
- At a temperature +6 ° C shelf life of up to 5 days.
Method 2. Cooked
How to store boiled crawfish? Just leave them in the broth. When it cools down, send the pan in the refrigerator.
how many storesboiled crawfish in a refrigerator? Up to 5 days at a constant temperature maintenance.
Method 3. frozen
Live and boiled crabs can be stored in the freezer. How to freeze cancers, while retaining all the nutritional properties, and what is the shelf life?
- Live crustaceans preserved in the freezer - up to 14 days. Fold all cancers in a large tray and place it on the bottom shelf of the freezer.
- Cooked - prolezhat in the freezer up to 1 month. You can cook their own hands or buy ready-made product in the fish store.
After defrosting the product must be consumed within 4 hours.
Cancers - a real delicacy, which will decorate any celebration. And you already know whether you can freeze the live crabs and how to preserve their nutritional properties. Videos in this article, ready to demonstrate the visual instructions. And if you have any questions - ask them in the comments.