1 How to store tea leaves?
- 1.1 Main storage criteria: 6 Rules
- 1.2 Recommendations for the storage of different types of tea
- 2 Output
Tea party - a kind of ceremony, a tradition that is firmly entered into the everyday life. This drink - an integral part of life and culture of many peoples. Do you know how to keep the tea at home, to keep all the valuable properties and taste? No? Then I'll tell you about it.
How to store tea leaves?
Tea Storage at first glance may seem very simple and straightforward affair. I bought stack, and the brewing contents as necessary. Think dried leaves do not spoil? In fact, the port!
In general, the question of how to store tea in the home - is a science. Anyone who truly appreciates its taste and tries to get the most out of this tonic drink, knows how important it is to keep the product properly.
Main storage criteria: 6 Rules
tea storage conditions should be taken into consideration the following factors:
Rule 1. Air humidity
Dried tea leaves perfectly absorb moisture if the suspension of water in the air above the norm.
It will certainly spoil the drink and may even be dangerous to health if the product moldy.
Rule 2. Shine
Sunlight triggers oxidative processes;
Rule 3. Air temperature
It would seem, as the temperature can affect the taste and aroma of the drink, because the shelf life it is large enough and the tea feels great out of the refrigerator?
In fact, this is a very important factor. Storage of welding in a cool place slows down the activity of pathogenic microorganisms and prolongs shelf life of the beverage.
Rule 4. impermeability
Without oxygen, impossible:
Oxidized tea loses its antioxidant properties, in the taste of bitterness appears. Therefore, what is the best kept tea - so it in a sealed jar with a tight lid or vacuum-packed.
Rule 5. Neighborhood with strong-smelling foods
The ability of tea leaves perfectly absorb odors slightly complicates their storage.
Spices, household chemicals, perfumes, sausages, fish and other foods with a pungent smell will certainly give a "aroma" tea leaves. Drink that smells outside food will be difficult to enjoy.
Rule 6. container storage material
Important is the question of what to store tea to keep it fresh and tasty as long as possible.
Considering the above factors, it can be concluded that the capacity should be:
This jar can be made of dark glass, porcelain or metal packaging, vacuum foil pouch with a tight lock.
Do not use cellophane, plastic, fabric or paper bags as containers for storage of tea. These materials do not provide optimal conditions and contribute to poor product quality.
Recommendations for the storage of different types of tea
The shelf life of green tea will be much less if it is stored similarly to black. This is because the structure of tea leaves of green varieties of tender and capricious. How to prolong the taste quality of tea:
- Green - to preserve all the taste and useful qualities in addition to the tightness and lack of exposure to the sun rays for such a beverage is critical low temperature, so the green tea is stored only in the refrigerator.
- White and Oolong Teas - save up similarly to green varieties in a cool place.
- Puer - in pressed cake or pancakes are stored on a special basis. As the fermentation process is still ongoing, the preform is needed and the air tightness may not be observed. Enough to wrap cake or pancake in paper and put into a dark kitchen cabinet away from the spices.
- Red teas, which include the familiar black Ceylon with an elephant on the packaging, less demanding on the temperature conditions and can be stored at room temperature in a sealed jar in a dark closet. It is desirable to cool it, but without a refrigerator in which case you can do.
- Leaf tea with major factions - stored in vacuum bags undesirable. Tea leaves, tightly adjacent to the core mass and the walls of the package can be crumbled and broken, and it affects the quality of the beverage.
And how much is stored brewed tea? In fact, each serving of beverage brewed immediately before use, and the remainder utilized. Welding prepared for the future - perfect breeding ground for bacteria, especially in the summer. So the answer to the question, how much can you keep the brewed tea, as follows: no more than 1-2 hours.
Thus, the shelf life and storage conditions of the tea leaves:
When buying look at the storage conditions of the tea beverage, as well as on the packaging.
If a rack is located next to household chemicals or spices, tea and wrapped in plain cellophane transparent bag, then it is better not to acquire.
Loose tea leaves do not take a large common container and a small foil packet. Gustatory qualities of elite tea if not properly stored worse than a low-grade, even if the first price is several times higher.
Home pour the tea leaves in a container of appropriate size. Close tight lid and place in the refrigerator compartment to the fruit.
Teas are also stored in the kitchen cupboard, if it is not green, or oolong tea, away from heat and spice.
Do not store a lot of tea in one bank. If you want to put the tea leaves in the fridge, then packagi it in portions.
Each opening banks facilitates the penetration of oxygen, which deteriorates the quality of the beverage.
What better green or black tea - things each of us taste, but whatever choice we neither did any tea should be stored properly in order to enjoy its excellent taste and flavor as long as possible. Save it without loss of properties can be their own hands, following the above recommendations.
Videos in this article talks about the features of storing and brewing of each of the varieties of this wonderful drink.
Do not miss the most important:
Once a week we will send the most interesting stuff that you have not seen
We read for 32 to 500 people. Join us!