Choosing a fertilizer for garlic when planting depends on its type, and therefore directly on the time of planting. Many gardeners practice the parallel cultivation of garlic of two varieties:
- Spring .The variety is planted in early spring for eating.
- Winter .Planting is carried out under the winter( autumn), the variety is intended for long-term storage.
Regardless of the type of garlic for planting crops, you need to choose a well-lit area, which does not stand for moisture. Good to plant garlic after legumes, cucumbers, pumpkins and zucchini. It is impossible - after potatoes and onions( they have common diseases).
Fertilizing when planting spring garlic
is recommended to prepare a site for planting summer garlic since autumn. To do this, in October, after harvesting, fertilize and dig up the beds. The composition of top dressing depends on the type of soil:
- For clay soil : 1 tsp.carbamide, 2 tbsp.lsuperphosphate. As well as sand, peat and humus in equal quantities( 5 kg each).
- For sandy soil : a mixture of clay soil humus( 1: 2) and urea with superphosphate in a ratio of 1: 3.
- For loamy ground: 2 tbsp.lsuperphosphate, 0.5 tbsp.lcarbamide and 3 kg of humus.
- For peat land : urea and superphosphate in quantity, as for loam, as well as 8 kg of sand.
Garlic loves wood ash - sprinkle it over the soil surface at the rate of 1 liter jar per 1 square.m. and rake up. In early spring, the site must be once again dig or deep loosen.
To protect against pests, immediately before planting, shed beds with saline solution( 3 tbsp. Per bucket of water).
Fertilizing when planting winter garlic
You can start planting winter varieties from October. At least two weeks, and preferably a month before this time, the soil must be dug, at the same time adding 1 square meter.m site:
- 15 g of potassium salt;
- 7 kg of humus;
- 20 g of superphosphate;
- ash( about 2 tbsp.).
Immediately before planting the beds, fertilize with rotten manure.