How to prevent the formation of scale
Despite the fact that scale appears much slower in stainless steel kettles than in their plastic counterparts, unfortunately, this process cannot be completely ruled out. Scaling on the walls makes the process of boiling slower, and if the device is electric, it affects the consumption of electricity. In addition, many harmful substances are formed in the water boiled in it. Many models are equipped with filters installed on the nose, but they can not cope with this problem.
Of course, the most effective way to combat scale is to eliminate the possibility of its occurrence.
How to prevent the occurrence of scale? There are several differently effective ways:
- for boiling, you should use only filtered water that is sufficiently soft and clean;
- If for some reason there is no filter, it is recommended to let the water stand for several hours before boiling;
- each portion of water should be boiled no more than once, you should not warm it, rather pour fresh one;
- before each use, rinse the stainless steel kettle from the inside, clean its walls from plaque and rinse well.
What tools to use
? If the scale, despite all your efforts, has already been formed, you should use one of the most effective ways to remove it. There are special tools that can be purchased in the household departments of stores, as well as ordinary products, which most housewives enjoy with success.
Let's start with special tools, among which are “Silit” and “Antinakipin”, which do an excellent job with this problem. Their use is reduced to placing a certain amount of powder in a kettle and boiling with water. The rate of each product is indicated on the packaging. After boiling, let the water cool for a quarter of an hour, then pour out the water and rinse well.In case of severe contamination, this procedure can be repeated or the internal surface can be rubbed with a sponge with the addition of dish detergent.
Reddish scale indicates a large amount of iron in the water used for boiling. Citric acid will help to remove it. A teaspoon of acid powder is added to the kettle with water and boiled. After 20-30 minutes, the kettle with the solution in it should be turned on again or put on the stove. If the raid is not completely removed after the second boiling, let the solution stand in the bowl for another couple of hours.
Similarly to citric acid, you can use sliced lemon. It perfectly eats away bloom and slices or peeling apples and pears boiled with water. But this method is not suitable for the old thick layer of scale, to solve this problem will require more powerful tools. But for a light bloom of white salt scale - that's the thing.
Brine from canned cucumbers or a tomato is also a good tool that can remove scale in a teapot. It needs to be poured into a stainless steel kettle and boiled a couple of times, then poured out and rinsed the kettle.
You can use vinegar and ordinary baking soda to clean a stainless steel kettle. Moreover, you can remove scale in several ways.
- The first way is to boil, there are also several options: you can heat the water in the kettle by diluting it with a couple of tablespoons of vinegar, or the same amount of soda, or salt and vinegar together.
- The second method involves diluting soda with water to a slurry state and rubbing the mixture on the inner walls of the dish with this mixture. After this procedure, rub the mixture over the mixture with a cloth dipped in strong vinegar. By reacting with soda, vinegar makes it easy to get rid of scale.
Remember to take precautions when using vinegar: always wear gloves to protect hands, after finishing work, open a window to ventilate the room. In addition, the kettle after vinegar should be especially thoroughly rinsed with plenty of water.
There is another interesting method using soda sweet water, Coca-Cola or Sprite is suitable for this purpose. When boiling a sweet drink ideally eats off scale from the walls of the dish. This experience can be carried out together with the children, so you will kill two birds with one stone at once - and clean the dishes, and discourage your child from eating a harmful drink.
To make tea drinking with family or friends especially enjoyable, and the drink itself fragrant and tasty, keep your kettle clean. If you cannot prevent the occurrence of scale, you can always use one of our suggested methods to get rid of it. And whichever one you choose, the main thing is the result obtained.