Contents of the article:
you can put in the same material that is used for keeping the currants to be used for keeping the currants for
.This is especially true of the most valuable copies. When grafting in one year, the required number of new bushes with all the virtues of a mother plant are obtained. There are several effective ways to propagate this crop:
- rooting of lignified cuttings;
- reproduction by green cuttings;
- rooting cuttings.
Reproduction of currants by lignified cuttings
This method is one of the most efficient and productive. When using it from an annual branch, you can get several excellent cuttings. Their length is approximately 20-30 cm. The diameter of the handle is 6-8 mm. The kidneys on it must be intact. The apical section is made with a sharp instrument( pruner, knife) 1 cm above the kidney. In this case, the non-woody top is completely removed. Under the lower kidney perform an oblique cut. The roots are formed under the kidneys and between the nodes of the stalk. Planting lignified cuttings can be made, both in spring and autumn. In the spring, planting material is often combined with trimming bushes.
Cuttings cut exclusively from healthy specimens of currants. They are planted in the so-called "cuttings"( most often it resembles a V-shaped trench) with a nutrient earthy mixture consisting of fertile land, compost, rotted manure. Planting depth is about 15 cm. 2-3 buds are left above the ground. Prepare such trenches in the fall.
In early spring, when the soil is saturated with moisture, woody cuttings are planted in it. The soil in the grab should be dug up on the spade bayonet. Wet soil contributes to the rapid formation of the root system. When planting in the ground, the interval between the cuttings should be 10-15 cm. When spring planting, planting material must be remembered that the earlier it is produced, the faster the result will be. The surface of the earth is mulched with peat or rotted humus. This procedure prevents the loss of moisture from the soil. The layer of mulch should be 3-5 cm. You can also cover the soil with a dark film that will not only retain moisture, but also prevent weed germination.
Some gardeners plant cuttings in small pots. The method of planting cuttings, everyone can choose individually. Sometimes experienced gardeners reproduce currants before winter. At the same time, one should not miss the moment when the kidneys enter a resting phase. Autumnal reproduction of black currant carried out in late September - early October. Planting cuttings of other species of this culture begin much earlier - at the end of August. If reproduction of red currant to produce later, the number of well-rooted planting material is significantly reduced. In the spring planting cuttings until the autumn get well-formed young bushes that are planted in a permanent place. Poorly developed plants are left in the cuttings until the next season.
How to propagate a currant with green cuttings
If a gardener did not manage to produce lignified cuttings with spring reproduction, he can resort to obtaining young plants with the help of green non-woody shoots. Good planting material should not break when bent. Reproduction of currants in this way occurs in stages:
- Harvested cuttings in the morning on the coolest days. When rainy weather planting material can be cut at any time of the day. The length of the cuttings is about 15 cm. They must have 3-4 leaflets. The apical section is made above the upper kidney( 1 cm from it), and the lower - under the kidney( 0.5-1 cm below it).When landing in the ground leaf sheets of the lower leaflets cut by half.
- Before planting the cuttings in the ground, they are soaked in a growth stimulator solution for 12-24 hours. The best results are given by such drugs as Heteroauxin and Indolin-butyric acid.
- Chopped cuttings are planted in greenhouses or under film in a greenhouse. They are buried by 2.5-3 cm in the soil, consisting of a mixture of old compost, peat and sand in the ratio of 1: 1: 1.
- For fast rooting currants need high humidity. When planting a few cuttings, they can be covered with glass jars or cut plastic bottles. In greenhouses and greenhouses, it is necessary to produce 4-5 times daily spraying of the cuttings. This procedure should be performed for 2-3 weeks.
- The cuttings are watered regularly to keep the soil moist.
- When growing planting material from non-lignified cuttings in a greenhouse or greenhouse, it is protected from direct sunlight in any acceptable way. This procedure allows you to maintain the necessary humidity.
- Rooting of cuttings occurs after 2-3 weeks. After that, the number of watering reduced. Young plants must be fed fertilizer containing nitrogen.
- Spread the young currants gradually one month after rooting. Every day the time spent in the open air increases.
- Cuttings for rearing are transplanted in trenches next spring, and in a permanent place - in the fall.
This breeding method is used for all types of currants.
Reproduction of currant by layering
This method is suitable for all types of this crop. In the process of reproduction, suitable layers of a healthy shrub are added in the spring with earth. For excellent planting material, 2-3-year-old cuttings are placed in small grooves dug near the bush to a depth of 10-15 cm. They are filled with a mixture of compost, peat, rotten humus. Cuttings are fixed in the ground with metal or wooden studs, after which they are powdered with nutritious soil. The resulting mound is compacted.
By the fall, young roots form the layers. They are separated from the uterine bush, and then planted in a permanent place. For the year they get beautiful young black currant bushes.2-3 years may be needed for rooting of white and red species. The productivity of the uterine bush depends on the type and variety of the plant. For 1 year from one plant you can get up to 12 high-quality layering.
Read about golden currants!