Today's owners of refrigerators often have to think about how to quickly defrost a refrigerator. Do I need to defrost it at all manually? How to properly defrost a modern refrigeration unit with an automatic system and should it be done? Let's try to figure it out.
- How often to defrost a refrigerator?
- Preparing the refrigerator for defrosting
- Step-by-step instructions for the defrosting process
- Cleaning inside the refrigerator
- How to clean the refrigerator outside
- Tips for finishing the defrosting process
How often to defrost a refrigerator?
In many kitchens, simple cold rooms without automatic defrosting are still modestly huddled. They are old but reliable! How to defrost a refrigerator and why do it? The lifetime of such equipment depends on the proper care of them. In the cold season, it should be thawed no more than once every four months, and in the warm period - once every two months. How to defrost the refrigerator No-Frost? Which defrosting method is universal and suitable for all. The question is how often to do it. The more modern the refrigerator, the less it requires interventions. Why defrost it at all, if there is a No-Frost function, you ask? Then, you need to wash the refrigerator from an unpleasant smell and disinfect it at least once every six months.
Preparation of the refrigerator for defrosting
Defrosting should begin with the preliminary preparation of the refrigerator.
- There is no need to start defrosting if the unit contains perishable products and there is no place to store them. It is better to empty it beforehand, so that nothing spoils.
- If the temperature in the room is too high, refrain from starting the procedure of defrosting the appliance while the temperature at the moment is such. In such conditions, the refrigeration unit will take longer and more intensively to gain the required parameters, which can shorten the life of the compressor, engine and other parts.
- Change the temperature of the refrigerator compartment to zero, unplug it before you begin to remove food from there.
- . If a container for draining water is not installed in the system of the refrigeration apparatus, then substitute some kind of pan under the bottom so that water collects there.
- Well, if the refrigerator has a special drain hose that can be inserted into the drainage compartment to drain the melt water. So the water will be better out of it.
- Remove the drawer trays from the chamber so that they do not interfere with the defrosting process.
Step-by-step instructions for the defrosting process
After completing the preliminary preparation, you can proceed to the defrosting process. If you are not limited in time, and there are few products in your refrigerator that are not perishable, you can simply open the door and wait for the ice to melt and drain. How much it takes depends on the dimensions of the refrigerating chamber, how much it is not defrosted, what was the temperature in it, how much power it had.
If the process needs to be accelerated, then it will be useful to know how to quickly defrost the unit. The best way to do this is with the following methods:
- Place a container with heated water or a heating pad filled with boiling water on the shelf of the refrigerator. Hot vapors will begin to act actively on the ice and rather defrost it, turning it into liquid.
- Put a heat heater in the open door or a fan with warm air that will improve defrosting with heated air.
- Remove the ice masses from the chamber using an ordinary hair dryer. In the same way, hot air will accelerate the thawing process and relieve the walls of the refrigerator from ice.
- To speed up defrosting, you can clean the thawed crusts with a plastic spatula. It is important not to do this with metal objects in order not to scratch the paint and not to damage the elements that affect the performance of the refrigeration unit.
Now you know how to quickly defrost the refrigerator and at the same time to cause him harm.
Cleaning inside the
refrigerator Defrosting must be combined with a complete cleaning of the unit chamber. It is possible to proceed to cleaning and washing surfaces only when the defrosting of the refrigerator has been completed.
- To begin with, fill the basin with warm water and dissolve some cleanser or liquid soap in it.
- After a good blow up the resulting liquid.
- For cleaning, take a clean sponge and moisten it in the resulting solution.
- Remove shelves with drawers from the unit and rinse them well under running water or soak in the bathroom - just washing them with a sponge in the refrigerator will not be enough and inconvenient.
- After cleaning with detergent solution, thoroughly rinse all shelves and drawers under the shower.
- Wipe dry with a clean kitchen towel or disposable paper towel.
- The next step is to process the surfaces of the camera inside.
- Be sure to rinse the surfaces with plain water after washing the surfaces.
- After cleaning, leave the door open for a while so that the refrigerator is well dried. If the fumes of moisture do not have time to evaporate, then mold can start in the refrigerator.
Do not wash the refrigerator with abrasives. They may scratch the plastic surfaces of the refrigerator.
How to clean the outside of the refrigerator
After you finish washing the unit inside, go to its outside. Naturally, you are tired, but you should not postpone cleaning. Doing everything at once, you will save a lot of time in the future, which can be spent on rest.
- Wash the refrigerator well with soapy water all over its surface.
- Very often during cleaning, people forget to wash it from above. In most families, the upper surface of the refrigerator is usually cluttered with unnecessary things or cereals. Do not forget to put things in order there. If there is a microwave or a TV upstairs - do not forget to wash them.
- Wash the pens thoroughly as most dirt accumulates there. Especially in the kitchen.
- Do not forget to wash the rubber seal, eliminate the accumulation of debris and dust from all small folds, and then wipe dry.
- In the end, you need to wash the back surface of the refrigerator, cleaning the grate from any residues of cobwebs and settled dust. It is necessary to wash the surface with a damp sponge, then wipe dry.
We do not recommend hanging the refrigeration door with various magnets. They may scratch the surface of the refrigerator and adversely affect the internal elements of the refrigerator compartment.
Tips for completing the defrosting process
Fully freeing the refrigerator from ice and dirt, pay attention to a few points.
- In order to dry the refrigerator well after the cleaning procedures, you can use a fan or a vacuum cleaner with the function of blowing air.
- After drying the refrigerator compartment, wash the floor under it and dry it to avoid possible short circuit. Dry the entire surface of the refrigerator again with a dry cloth. After that, you can close the door and turn on the refrigerator in the socket.
- You can add food back to the fridge when the temperature inside it reaches the desired level.
Do not wait until the freezer door is no longer closed from the ice. What often happens if the refrigerator is old. Do scheduled defrosting.
By following the instructions on how to quickly defrost a refrigerator, you extend the life of your refrigeration equipment, you do not have to repair it every year and wonder how badly it works. And you will not need a new one soon.