- Basic Rules for Using an
- Sewing Machine Problems with
- Sewing Machines Serious Problem - Knocking an
- Sewing Machine Needle - a key part of an
sewing machine Sewing machines do not lose their popularity even in the twenty-first century. Those born during the Soviet era remember that girls from childhood were taught to sew various things, starting with gloves, and ending with jackets and coats.
In the Soviet era, most people independently carried out repairs on sewing machines. Even today, those who attend cutting and sewing courses understand that it is better to repair the sewing machine yourself than to take it to a service center:
- Firstly, companies that repair sewing machines require quite a lot of money from their customers for the services provided..
- Secondly, even modern machines can be sorted out in a matter of hours, you only need to carefully approach this issue, and in the future this will allow repair of sewing machines without the involvement of third parties.
Basic rules for using an
sewing machine Let's analyze the basic rules for using sewing machines:
- Sewing equipment should not be located next to batteries and heaters. But at the same time, it should be in a dry room, in which there are no signs of dampness;
- Before starting work, it is necessary to carry out a selection of the necessary materials and tools, needles and threads that will be needed in the course of work;
- Before proceeding with sewing, you need to make sure that the needle and the thread guide are in the up position;
- Remember that a sewing machine must be helped at the time of sewing, pulling the matter to itself;
- After the sewing work is finished, the presser foot must be raised and the fabric pulled out. Next, cut the thread, having previously found in it a free end, the length of which will be equal to a maximum of seven, but at least five centimeters.
sewing machines There are rules, and they need to be followed. The use of high-quality materials and additional tools minimizes the occurrence of problems and malfunctions when working with sewing machines. Therefore, the following reasons, which led to a malfunction, are the most common:
- Thread break. Breakage can occur both upper and lower threads. In the first case, the problem is connected with the selection of poor quality threads or the needle size is not correctly selected. In the second case, the problem of a sewing machine malfunction may be associated with irregularities, the presence of burrs of the spools, and with the wrong winding of the thread.
- Problems with the promotion of tissue. In the event of such a problem, you need to carefully look at the position in which the teeth are. If they are pulled up or lowered to the bottom, then you need to bring them to a normal state;
- Fabric cutting. If such a problem occurs, in order to fix the machine we need to reduce the pressure of the presser foot, and check the condition of the needle, perhaps it is too blunted.
Read also: Repair the blender: disassemble and repair your own hands
Serious problem - knock
sewing machine The above problems are not serious, and are eliminated in minutes. But there are such types of problems that occur infrequently. Therefore, repairing sewing machines with their own hands in case of their occurrence will take a lot of time.
The most difficult, most serious breakdown is the appearance of a knock when a sewing machine is in operation. To solve this problem, you need to pull the flywheel several times, and do it in accordance with the axial direction of the machine.
In order to repair a sewing machine, it must be disassembled. We disassemble the sewing machine in the following sequence:
- Remove RP( manual drive).It is necessary to remember its location, it will allow later for a short period of time to assemble a sewing machine;
- Remove the limiter from the nut, which is a classic screw. It is under the manual drive, at the time of assembly it must be screwed back to its original location;
- Remove flywheel. This should be done carefully, not allowing it to be damaged, in the event of a flywheel malfunction after the assembly of the machine, you need to see if everything is all right with it;
- Remove the bobbin that looks like a cone. It is located below, after the flywheel. Find it is not difficult;
- Remove the bushing from the shaft base;
- Slip on a tin washer. To make such a puck can be very simple, just cut the bottom of a tin can.
Washer in 40% of cases is the key to high-quality performance of work using a sewing machine. Sometimes adding it to the machine is enough to solve the problem, but this does not always happen. When there is adjustment of the work of sewing machines in 60-70% of cases, you have to turn the rail 180 degrees.
Read also: The microwave oven works but does not heat the food: what to do?
Needle - a key part of the sewing machine
Needles are the main elements that make the sewing machine work. Her future work depends on which needle is chosen. If a defective needle is selected, the occurrence of the above problems is not a rare case, because the needle is the basis, and without it it is impossible to sew any thing.
Therefore, when choosing a needle, you need to carefully consider its size and thickness. You also need to check the numbering of the needle, if any complicated sewing work is being carried out, otherwise it may happen that the thing turns out to be not the same as you previously imagined.
There is another problem in which the wrong choice of needle can lead to stretching and damage to the fabric. If the needle is too thick and the fabric is thin, then it is impossible to use a needle with such a cloth, otherwise it will tear.
Read also: How to repair an
thermo sweat by yourself Using too thick fabric with a small needle can break the needle. In order to sew something from a compacted fabric, you must choose a needle that is thicker, if it is not available, at home, then go to the store and purchase. Before this, measure the thickness of the fabric in advance - this will allow you to pick up the needle in the store in a shorter period of time, you will need to tell the seller the thickness of the fabric, and it will pick the needle for you in your own size.