- Basic rules for the care of a straw hat
- Cleaning before long-term storageThey not only protect the head and neck from the scorching sun, but also perfectly complement any style of clothing. The straw hat is the headdress that brings femininity, tenderness and romance to the image. As with all products made from natural materials, it requires delicate care and cleaning.
Basic rules for the care of a straw hat
In order to clean and properly maintain a straw hat, it takes very little time. Timely care will allow your favorite headwear to remain attractive for more than one season. At home, the hat is cleaned during the summer and always in preparation for long-term storage.
The focus is on cleaning dust and the effects of exposure to bright sunlight. Sometimes you have to clean the stains, accidentally obtained from the cake dropped on the hat or spilled coffee or juice.
No matter how hard you try, you cannot protect your hat from summer dust. Therefore, after each return home, the dust should be cleaned with a dry, soft brush. You can use an unnecessary toothbrush and use it to carefully handle the weave of straw. Only in no case erase.. ..
If this is not enough, carry out a deeper cleaning. For light straws, the procedure is carried out using ordinary soap and water:
- slightly moisten the brush in soapy water;
- gently wipe the hat;
- wash off with clean water;
- to keep the form, quickly dry with a white cloth or towel.
After deep cleaning of dust and possible pollution, you can try to restore the whiteness. To do this, the cleaning procedure is continued using 3% hydrogen peroxide:
- is evenly moistened with a previously prepared peroxide;
- allowed to dry for several minutes;
- is ironed through gauze.
Special attention is paid to products made of dark straw. After removing the dust on it, you can slightly walk with a sponge moistened in vegetable oil, then dry with a cloth cloth.
The straw hat may turn yellow if it has lain in the closet for a long time, or vice versa, it is often worn. There are simple ways to maintain the whiteness of the straw.
Method 1. Mix the juice of one lemon or citric acid with water and simply spray the resulting solution over the entire surface. Then dry.When spraying, do not allow excessive wetting.
Method 2. Divide the lemon into two halves, pre-cut the zest. With these halves, rub the straw product as evenly as possible. Soak in this form for 35–45 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water with a soft brush. Dry and iron a hot iron through a white cloth or gauze.
Method 3. If there is no lemon, it can be replaced by 3% hydrogen peroxide and ammonia:
- mix 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia;
- hat straighten and wipe the prepared mixture;
- ironed with a hot iron.
Cleaning before long storage
Linen, cotton and many other things have to be washed when preparing for winter storage. As for straw products, this procedure will lead to very sad consequences. Any attempt to wash the hat will ruin it. How can I clean:
- Carefully remove dust from the brush, working through all the weave.
- Carefully remove stains with a soft sponge using plain water and baby soap.
- If there are difficult stains, do not try to wash the hat, contact a specialist in dry cleaning. They will be able to clean the straw without exposing it to destructive actions.
When storing in a cupboard, do not hang straw products on hangers and hooks. They will need their place on the shelf. Prepare a special blank or pick up a suitable plastic bottle or glass jar. The main thing is that straw hats should be kept flat.
It is easy to care for straw products. Therefore, you should not abandon these beautiful hats made of natural material.