- №2.Slate and magnetic paint
- №3.Decorative plaster
- №5.Finishing fabric
- №6.Vinyl stickers
- At the end of
Interior walls in the nursery should be done according to the weight requirements.
- Firstly, , they must be attractive in appearance, not irritate the child’s nervous system, but, on the contrary, delight and develop imagination.
- Secondly, , the material must be completely safe for health, hypoallergenic, preferably natural.
- And thirdly, , finishing materials should be easy to clean, as children can easily stain walls or even paint them. Naturally, not all materials are suitable for these conditions.
Let's look at the best ways to finish the walls of the nursery.
Painting walls - one of the most common and at the same time suitable options for finishing the nursery. This method is different a lot of advantages:
- a huge scope for imagination, because you can pick up any shade, create a whole picture based on the favorite fairy tale on the walls. It is better to refuse too bright shades;
- ease of application and the ability to repaint the surface many times, and it will be possible to paint any architectural element of the room that can be decorated with wallpaper;
- scratches on painted walls are much more difficult to leave than on wallpaper.
Among the shortcomings of the is the need to carefully prepare the surface for painting, because the wall must be perfectly flat.
Special attention should be paid to the paint type , because those compositions that can be used in the bedroom or in the kitchen are not always suitable for a child's room. Such paint should be as safe and environmentally friendly, non-toxic, and have certificates of compliance with sanitary and hygienic standards. It is necessary to select water-based composition. Many large manufacturers in their line of products offer paints with markings for children's rooms, and it is worth paying attention to them. Such paints are odorless, dry quickly, they can repaint walls, they are easily applied to any substrate: wood, drywall, putty, etc.
acrylate paints , which do not smell, are also suitable for children. The surface painted by them can be washed easily afterwards. Alkyd and acrylic paints are not recommended, as they can cause allergies. By the way, today paints with silver ions have appeared in the market, which have a lot of useful qualities: bactericidal properties, resistance to dirt. Even drawings with colors will not become a problem and will be erased quite simply.
№2.Slate and magnetic paint
Although these types of finishing materials belong to the type of paint, they want to pay special attention. Slate paint is the a real find for children's rooms, because many parents are familiar with the situation when children paint wallpaper with felt-tip pens and pencils with just hung wallpaper. To give the child complete creative freedom and to protect other parts of the apartment from the appearance of drawings, one can paint one of the walls in the nursery or a part of it with slate paint. With its help, you can turn any selected part of the wall into a similarity to a blackboard: you can erase drawings, apply new ones, and use them to create a unique interior.
Slate paint does not smell , it is allowed for use in children's rooms. It is easy to apply, it is suitable for almost any surface, and the chalk will not leave scratches on it. The result is an excellent space for self-expression of the child and his games. Once again, it is worth noting that it is unnecessary to paint all the walls in the nursery with slate paint, otherwise it will not be an interesting interior, but a boring space.
Magnetic paint is a relatively new coating on the building materials market. It can be used in the working area and paint a part of the wall near the table. After applying and drying the paint, the surface becomes magnetic, and you can use a small magnet to attach pictures of the child, some notes or reminders, it is interesting to arrange the space. For the production of magnetic paint using water-based metal powder and binding elements, the material has no odor. However, reviews of those who have already used this material suggest that it is better to use magnets smaller and stronger, which means that this finish is better to use for decorating an older child’s room, rather than a preschooler who can swallow a small magnet.
# 3.Decorative plaster
Plaster is also often used in children's rooms, because it meets the basic requirements for this room. Among its advantages, it is worth noting:
- has a unique appearance, since it will be impossible to repeat the resulting relief pattern;
- environmental friendliness and safety for health;
- the ability to hide small imperfections of the walls;
- solidity of the finished coating;
- with a minimum of experience and can cope with the application of plaster;
To give an additional layer of plaster resistance, you can cover the walls with a layer of clear varnish .In this case, it will be much easier to clean the walls from the effects of children's games, and the coating will be even more durable. True, it will be necessary to choose a varnish composition with great attention, since it should be as safe as possible for health.
Previously, wallpaper decorated all children's rooms. Although today a variety of finishing materials is much larger, but the wallpaper still continues to be actively used. They are valued for with a huge assortment, the availability of very affordable offers, ease of installation of .The choice of wallpapers today, to put it mildly, is great, because you can find any ornament, especially since there are options for children's rooms with the image of cartoon characters and fairy tales, with colorful pictures, etc.
It is also worth remembering that it is important to consider when choosing not only the appearance of the wallpaper, but also their composition. Not all types of wallpapers offered on the market are suitable for children's facilities. So, you can use such wallpapers:
- paper .Many experts argue that the wallpaper in the nursery should be just paper, even though they are not very durable, easily broken and do not withstand the influence of water( although today there are washing paper wallpapers on the market).The main advantage of this type of finish is naturalness and full air permeability, which is most important for a children's room;
- non-woven wallpaper can also be used in children's rooms, because they let the air through. Vinyl is not recommended to use, they are not environmentally friendly for such purposes, and do not let the air in general. Breathing vinyl wallpapers are starting to appear on the market, but they are very expensive;
- wallpaper based on wood veneer - another good option for children, because they are made from natural raw materials;
- cork wallpapers are made on the basis of cork bark, so they are great for children. However, in this case, you will be faced with a limited variety of colors, because this natural material is presented only in shades from dark yellow to light brown;
- wallpaper based on the plant material , the manufacture of which uses algae, bamboo, etc.;
- fabric wallpaper , which consist of a layer of paper and fabric filaments. The material is environmentally friendly, breathes, has excellent performance of heat and sound insulation, which is important for the nursery. It is worth choosing only those wallpapers that were treated with a special impregnation, so that they less attract dust.
Do not forget that the wallpaper of different shades or different patterns can be combined, getting a cheerful and interesting interior. Also, attention should be paid to wallpaper for painting .So, you can paint non-woven wallpaper, glass wallpaper, wallpaper based serpyanki and even some paper wallpaper. Probably, all the advantages of quickly refreshing the surface of the walls in the nursery are not even worth enumerating - it is convenient, practical and beneficial. It is important to choose breathable paints on a water basis, as mentioned above.
In the interior of the nursery, you can also use wallpaper to liven up the space and give it a certain mood. Drawing on them can be anything, but there really is a choice to choose from. Another interesting solution for a child's room is coloring wallpaper .They contain a lot of details, so the child will be fascinated by painting for a long time, and there is a unique opportunity - literally to paint on the walls.
An alternative to fabric wallpaper is upholstering all or several walls with a cloth. All work is easy to do with your own hands, and natural fabric is a great solution for such a room. The fabric can be any, and the color and pattern should be chosen to create a harmonious interior. It is better to give preference to the material more tightly, and for safety, as a base, attach soft mats or foam rubber to the walls so that the child cannot be injured during active games.
Such walls can also serve as a basis for fixing drawings. Moreover, by showing imagination and spending some time, you can create an interesting panel or even a whole picture from different pieces of fabric, and this is already a unique decoration of a nursery that develops tastes and fantasy. If the decoration of the walls with a cloth still scares you, then you can do an experiment on one of the walls or on its part.
Vinyl stickers - is not an independent finishing material , but simply the ability to easily, quickly, inexpensively transform children's room and decorate it in an interesting way. They have a lot of advantages:
- has a huge range, thanks to which the children's room can be made in any style, decorated with images of animals, famous characters or any objects. Even if you do not find a suitable option, you can order custom-made custom design;
- ease of installation and disassembly. With a sticker of such decorative elements, anyone can cope, but outwardly they will look like a painted picture. If necessary, remove these stickers is also easy;
- glue vinyl stickers on any smooth and even surface. The painted walls or pasted over with smooth monophonic wall-paper are optimally suitable;
- low price.
A little bit of fantasy, and some elements in the nursery with a pair of vinyl stickers can be very interesting and unusual to beat.
Children's room should be safe and comfortable, develop the tastes of the child and be a suitable place to play. Given all these requirements, finding the right finishing material for walls is not so easy. It is better to think over several options at once, while carefully analyzing the decision made. If the child is already old enough and has his own tastes, then before choosing a particular material it is better to consult with him and take into account his opinion.