- №1.What types of screens are there?
- №2.Sliding screens: pros, cons and features of
- №3.Who will fit the swing screens under the bath?
- №4.Removable fixed screens: the pros and cons
- №5.Fixed screen - the immortal classic
- №6.Alternative to bath screens
- №7.Screen Material
- №8.Screen size
- At the end of
In order for the bathroom to be as aesthetic as possible, it is necessary to mask all communications. In this respect, bath screens, which should be not only aesthetic, but also functional, are of great importance. Depending on your own preferences, you can choose a stationary or sliding design. The latter may become an additional storage place. The screen can be made of different materials, have any design and even be a mirror. What should be taken into account when choosing an screen under the bath so that it meets all the requirements and is as functional as possible in the conditions of a particular bathroom? We have collected some useful tips that will help you in choosing.
# 1.What types of screens are there?
Depending on the design of the , all bath screens are divided into three types:
- sliding and hinged .This is one of the most practical and convenient options, as it allows not only to hide communications, but also to use the space under the bathroom with benefit, while storing household chemicals or other things there;
- removable fixed screens are usually installed under acrylic baths. They allow relatively quick access to communications, if something needs to be repaired, but the not quite simple screen removal system does not allow to keep things there that are needed all the time;
- stationary screens look aesthetically pleasing, because the bathroom space is perceived harmonious and monolithic, but this place can not be used to store things, which may seem irrational.
№2.Sliding screens: pros, cons and features of
Sliding screens are the most profitable designs that allow you to leave the space under the bathroom accessible, and in which case repair work can be carried out immediately. At the same time, numerous shelves will be an excellent place to store the necessary things: household chemicals, remnants of building materials after repairs, etc. Such designs are easy to install and clean, offer a huge selection of a variety of colors, but they are a bit flimsy, and experience suggests that they will often have to be repaired.
The design of such an screen consists of guides and panels that move along them. The quality of the screen depends on the material of the performance of these elements. Guides can be:
- plastic. This is the cheapest and, moreover, quite strong material, which is characterized by absolute resistance to moisture. In addition, the color of the plastic does not change during operation, because it is not washed off and does not climb. But plastic will not withstand mechanical damage: a more or less severe blow to it can lead to a complete resolution of the structure;
- aluminum frames are much stronger than plastic, can withstand a blow, are highly moisture resistant, and can be painted in absolutely any color. The only drawback of such material is that the type of metal may not fit into the interior of the bathroom;
- is very different from ordinary frames. roller mechanism, which reminds, rather, the working principle of the wardrobe. In this case, the guides are completely hidden, and only the facades of the doors are visible to the person, and they slide along the guides very smoothly and noiselessly. True, such a solution is more expensive, and we will have to make the entire system to order, because there are no ready-made solutions.
Doors can be made of a material that will be resistant to high humidity conditions and constant temperature changes, will not change color and shape, will be stable and reliable. Features of materials that can be used for these purposes, consider below.
№3.Who will fit the swing screens under the bath?
Swing screens can be called one of the varieties of sliding systems. They are distinguished only by the features of opening the doors. Swing screens can be used in in those bathrooms where there is enough space so that the door can open freely and at the same time does not consume half of the free space of the room.
This solution has the many advantages .So, if such a screen is made in the same style with all cabinets and bedside tables, the bath will resemble one of the elements of the headset, which will certainly decorate the interior and make it more harmonious.
№4.Removable non-sliding screens: the pros and cons of
Such screens are often found as an element of modern acrylic baths. Its main advantage is that it can have almost any shape, so with its help it will be possible to close the space under the bathroom of any configuration. Such screens have a good appearance, and with it the bath is perceived as something united.
The purpose of the removable screen is to hide all communications away from our eyes, but at the same time leave easy and convenient access to them, which is a mandatory security requirement. Installation of such screens is not as simple as, for example, sliding, and even remove them is not so easy, so the space under the bathroom can not be used for storage. Although it is possible to stack there items that may be needed every two years.
No. 5.Stationary screen - the immortal classic
. Such screens, as a rule, are made individually. They are considered the most aesthetic because they allow to best fit the bath into the interior of the space, revealing the same tiles or mosaics as the walls of the room. However, such screens also provide you with access to communications to detect possible problems: a small door can swing open, move apart, lean back or be removed, like a manhole cover, but you will not be able to keep behind this door.
This type of screen can be called the most durable, but in terms of cleaning it is as simple as possible. But, at the same time, it is necessary to point out to some disadvantages of such screens. So, a small window may not be enough for full access to communications, and then you have to disassemble the screen. The same will have to do in the case of replacement baths. The floor under the bathroom behind the screen is unlikely to be thoroughly washed, as these places are difficult to access. In terms of installation, such screens also do not differ in simplicity: first, the frame is mounted and is sheathed with drywall, or brickwork is created, and then the tile is laid. Creating such a screen at home, do not forget to leave at the very bottom, near the floor, a small gap so that it is convenient to approach the bath closely.
№6.An alternative to screens under the bath
. All communications under the bathroom can be closed in another way - to hang curtains. This is the easiest and cheapest option in terms of implementation. It is enough just to install a pipe under the rim or even to stretch the fishing line, attach curtains of suitable size and color to it, and the screen is ready. All the advantages of such a screen are limited by simplicity and efficiency, as it is short-lived, not very convenient and often does not look very presentable. Although it is necessary to make a reservation that there are types of interiors, where exactly such a screen will look as harmonious as possible: for example, country and Provence.
As mentioned above, the screen can be made of any material that will withstand all the conditions of the bathroom, and will not lose its appearance. Today's range offers a choice of such possible options:
- plastic PVC screen is not affected by moisture, does not lose shape and color even with constant exposure to high humidity. In addition, such screens are distinguished by the widest range of different colors and patterns, so choosing the right shade or even drawing for the interior of a particular bathroom is easy. Moreover, by means of photo printing you can create a screen with any image or photo. If plastic is used in a sliding construction, then the doors come out of it as light as possible and in order to move them, it will be unnecessary to exert any effort. But, like the plastic frame, the plastic screen is quite fragile, so it can be damaged by a kick. And the plastic screen does not look very expensive, fully matching the price;
- DSP-screens are used very rarely, because the material is not very resistant to moisture. To protect it, it is covered with films that at the same time perform a decorative function, betraying the structure of wood, stone, leather, etc. to the material. But such a film is not able to completely protect the material from the negative effects of moisture. Prolonged direct contact with water can damage such a screen. Doors of chipboard are quite heavy, so they will be a little difficult to move, they are more suitable for swing systems;
- MDF is a material that incorporates all the positive properties of wood, but at the same time it is more resistant to moisture. The first thing that attracts attention is a huge range of different options for the appearance, so the screen can be styled for any material and even make it exactly the same as the rest of the bathroom furniture;
- plexiglass is a material that is very resistant to moisture, it does not absorb it at all, it has almost all the properties of plastic, but it looks more presentable, and is distinguished by a huge number of different textures and colors. In addition, the doors of this material can even be mirrored. But plexiglass has a drawback - fragility;
- glass can be used to create doors of swinging or sliding screens. This is a pretty stylish solution, but you will only need to use durable tempered glass.
All the above materials are usually used to create sliding screens under the bath. But if you plan to organize a stationary screen in your plans, then you can pay attention to the following materials:
- brickwork is the most durable and reliable screen for a bathtub, however, its installation will require time and effort. The brickwork is, as a rule, faced with some finishing materials: most often, this is tiles, and exactly the same as used in the decoration of walls or the floor of a room. Some styles of interior, for example, loft allows you to leave the brickwork unpolished;
- mirror can be attached to the brickwork, and in the end you get an exclusive screen, which, moreover, will significantly expand the space - a great option for small rooms. It is important that the reflection in such a screen be aesthetic: rags, buckets and the like are not the best decoration of the room, so you need to look around in advance and analyze what can be reflected in the screen as a result;
- mosaics are also mounted on top of the brickwork. The variant has all the advantages of tile finishing, only in this case you can create a nice screen even on structures with irregular curvilinear shape.
Everything is simple. The screen should fit the size of the bath. If you are looking for a finished screen, then there are mainly products with widths of 150, 160, 170 and 180 cm. Construction height is 50 or 60 cm. In principle, you can customize the screen with any design parameters, andit is easier to lay it out yourself if the bath is different with non-standard parameters and shapes.
If the bath screen allows you to use the space with benefit, then organize a system of shelves of drawers there so that you can store as many things as possible and you can find the necessary object as simply as possible. When choosing a particular design, proceed primarily from the interior of the bathroom and its size, from the need to organize an additional storage location, from the requirements for structural strength, etc. We hope our advice has helped you to deal with the question of choosing a screen for the bathroom.