- Ionizer: what is needed, advantages
- Ozonizer: what is needed, advantages
- What is better to choose: an ozonizer or an ionizer
In today's world, people are increasingly worried about their health, so they care about the air they breathe. To clean it, they install various devices that clean or even neutralize the microclimate in the room. Basically, for these purposes, choose an ionizer or ozonizer. These devices are equally useful, but differ in the principle of operation. Below we will look at how the ionizer differs from an ozonizer and what is better to choose for the house.
Ionizer: what is needed, the advantages of
In this device, the charges of electricity, which are generated by the generator, are sent to a tungsten filament or a special plate. This contributes to the emergence of new ions infected with oxygen atoms. The higher the content of these ions, the better and fresher the air in the room will be.
The use of an ionizer is to improve air quality. These devices are not capable of destroying microbes and harmful microorganisms contained in the airspace, but prevent their reproduction. Ionizer properties:
- Fights allergens and dust.
- Charges ions of oxygen molecules.
- Prevents the reproduction of microbes and viruses.
- Fights odors.
Household ionizers are health-improving devices.
Advantages of the ionizer:
- Work is not accompanied by noise.
- Improves indoor microclimate.
- Prevents the appearance and development of fungi and other harmful microorganisms.
- Improves overall human health.
Ozonizer: what is needed, the advantages of
The principle of operation of ozonizers is based on the use of the oxidizing ability of ozone, which, when interacting with viruses and bacteria, is able to turn into oxygen and all harmful bacteria and microbes are exterminated. Powerful charges of electricity from the generator are fed to the tip of a special needle, which leads to the formation of ozone. Its saturation can be adjusted. Note, the higher the power, the greater the ozone content.
Ozonator at the molecular level is able to destroy:
- Harmful microorganisms.
The unit is used for:
- Disinfecting of various surfaces and objects.
- Eliminate unpleasant odor.
- Fight against viruses and microbes.
- Exterminate the moths and bedbugs.
- Water Treatment.
Ozonizers are mainly used for medical purposes, but there are also household appliances for home use. It is best to turn on the ozonizer for 2–3 hours, when there are no animals or people in the treated room.
Advantages of the ozonizer:
- Destroys viruses, bacteria, harmful microorganisms without the use of chemicals.
- For one cycle of operation, the unit is able to handle a large area.
- Room ozonation can be done at any time.
- Ozone penetrates deep into fabrics, cracks, furniture and fights bad odors and pathogenic bacteria.
- Ozone treatment increases the shelf life of products that are not stored in the refrigerator.
- The greatest benefits of this device for children and people suffering from allergies.
Most people believe that the ozonizer and the ionizer work on the same principle, because they emit ozone. But in ionizers, ozone emission is a side effect and in insignificant content.
Ozonizers can have a negative impact not only on harmful microorganisms, but also on people. Therefore, it is better to use in the absence of people or animals.
Which is better to choose: ozonizer or ionizer
Differences in the use of devices:
- Ionizers are used to clean the air for the purpose of recovery. They can emit about 10 thousand negative microparticles per second, which can be compared with sea or mountain air. In such a microclimate, breathing is easier, metabolism accelerates, brain function improves and the body receives more oxygen. Beneficial effect on the nervous system, relieve stress and slow down the aging process. They can be turned on even if people are in the room.
- Ozonizers are perfect for families where children often get sick due to viral infections. Perfect for those who have weak immunity, or have pets. If a good microclimate is at home, the ozonizer is still needed from time to time as a preventive measure, especially in the season of exacerbation of colds. Their use will be indispensable when finishing rooms irritating or allergenic materials. But they have to work when there are no people in the room, as far as possible.
Having studied the above, it is impossible to give an exact answer to the question which is better, an ionizer or an ozonizer? Although both of these devices perform the same function - they improve the indoor microclimate, but they work differently.
We tried to tell in detail about how the ozonizer and air ionizer work, to reveal their strengths and explain what their differences are. Hope this helps you determine with the choice.