When designing communications country house sewage pumping station (KNU) is gradually displaced from the related drain pit having a limited amount of exuding and unpleasant odor.
After examining capabilities, types and characteristics of the installation of modern SPS, each owner will prefer their old-fashioned ways of discharge of sewage.
The content of the article:
- Scope and purpose of the CND
- Classification of sewer stations
- Equipment selection rules
- Design and operation of the CND
- Portable mini-station
- CND for a country house
- Installation instructions KNS
- Typical installation errors
- Service outside the CND
- Useful videos on the topic
Scope and purpose of the CND
Sewage pumping station (SPS) - a coherent set of hydraulic equipment, which is handling storm water, industrial and household waste when their gravity flow diversion impossible.
CND used advantageously in such cases:
- Geodesic level tanks and piping, which are discharged from sewage, is located below the sewer or cesspool
- Lack of physical possibility to arrange rectilinear gravity flow diversion or drains small slope sewer pipe, its regularly threatening blockages.
- The distant location sump or central manifold from the source of sewage.
KNS equipped cottages, country houses, as well as industrial facilities located far from the city and far from a centralized sewer system.
Classification of sewer stations
Dimensions of household sewage pumping stations can be very different. They can fit directly over the toilet bowl and to pump it immediately from the effluent in the desired direction, and may have the form of horizontal dug into the ground tank a volume of tens of cubic meters.
But not only the size differs CND. Below are the classification of sewage pumping stations on various parameters.
According to the type of installation:
- With self-priming pumps.
The latter type of SPS assumes forced pumping wastewater into the station housing, and their removal therefrom after cleaning.
By type of arrangement with respect to the earth:
- Partially buried.
CND reservoir with sensors, pumps and valves can be located in the ground, and an automatic control system - at the surface.
According to the control circuit equipment:
- Manual operation. Enabling and disabling of equipment modules can be performed as required by service personnel, which independently checks the occupancy of the sewage tank.
- distance. Used tank condition monitoring system, data is displayed on the remote control manager.
- automatic. Control is performed automatically by means of sensors and relays, arranged directly in the housing of the pumping station or next to it.
KNS with manual control are the cheapest, but they require the personal participation of the person. They are used mainly in the suburban lodges and cottages with a small amount of water flow.
By the nature of sewage:
- For household waste.
- For industrial purposes. They are made of materials with high resistance to chemically aggressive media and thermal stresses.
- For stormwater networks. Equipped with additional purification systems.
- Sedimentary sewage. Most commonly used in industrial wastewater treatment plants. Equipped with additional devices for the treatment of sediments.
When choosing a model, SPS better focus not on the classification, and on the recommendations of experts, who will select the optimum system for a particular home.
Equipment selection rules
Further criteria will be reviewed, taking into account that it is necessary to choose the sewage pump equipment for private use. Analysis of industrial plants not included in the scope of this review.
The aim with the purchase of SOS is to acquire the optimal power and other characteristics of the equipment. It makes no sense to overpay for a system that will run on 10-20% of design capacity.
When choosing the CND into account the following parameters:
- Maximum flow of recyclable waste.
- The transport distance.
- Geodetic difference in level between the inlet pipe and the outlet pressure hose.
- The degree of contamination, the fractional composition and structure of the industrial and household waste. There CND that is milled coarse fractions inclusions, preventing blockages in the pumping equipment.
- Level desired cleaning.
- size of the equipment.
A single formula for calculating the performance of pumping equipment is not, so the calculation algorithm and the required parameters must be specified in the instructions to the acquired SPS. Typical project calculation of pump equipment performance includes the following stages:
- Determination of daily water consumption and wastewater volume.
- Construction of the indicative schedule of receipt of sewage waste water during the day.
- Calculation of minimum and maximum flow of sewage.
- Determining the required performance CND given wastewater.
After determining the above parameters, you can begin the process of selecting the right equipment.
At KNS price affects the brand manufacturer, maintainability, possibility of service. Especially not encouraged to acquire cheap pumps, if they are to be daily use, and there is no reserve capacity or an additional pump to drain runoff.
Design and operation of the CND
Modern ANC apparatus should be considered in two main ways:
- sewer station for country house or cottage.
Fundamental differences between the two devices is not. But sololifty are one ready equipment, which can be bought on the internet and on their own connect and sewer stations are formed from separately sold parts of a specific project external drain.
Portable KNS type "Sololift" have a compact form and are installed near the plumbing. It is set either in the basement or in the bathroom. Sololift provides retraction of sewage as they are received in the housing.
Sololifta main structural units are:
- a sealed housing with pipes and holes;
- an impeller having a cutting edge;
On admission of water into the device is triggered and switched Automatic engine. The result is a pumping fluid from the internal reservoir to the standpipe. The impeller further grinds large fragments for efficient exhaust of particulate material and preventing clogging.
Housing sololifta can have 2-5 openings to connect the plumbing fixtures. Above the device is an air valve which allows air to leak from the outside of the pump. This prevents disruption of water seal in siphons household equipment.
Performance portable mini-SPS standard and is theoretically calculated based on the number of feed pipes. After purchasing the equipment is enough to connect the pressure hose and pipes to the body solofita, and then turn it into an electrical outlet.
CND for a country house
Pumping station for part of the house usually has impressive size and digged in the earth. Finished structural solutions are not able to find this type on the Internet, and for determining the indicative the cost of the equipment necessary to call up the store manager or leave the online application sellers.
The station is a sealed container with a pump inside. The main elements of the ANC for the house are:
- Storage tank made of plastic, fiberglass, concrete or metal volume of several cubic meters.
- Sewage pump. The daily working stations put two pumps: duty and standby, whose task is to wastewater rise to a certain level to further promote them through pipes by gravity.
- Gravity system of supply and discharge diverting water pipes, combining domestic sewage, CND and the subsequent collector. The system is equipped with gates and valves which allow fluid to flow only in one direction.
- Automatic with float switches. It is recommended to install at the same time 3-4 floats, each of which is able to run the pump. They are reasonably priced, so saving them is not necessary.
Large domestic SPS are working principle, somewhat different from sololifta. Tank waste buried in the ground and connected to the drain pipe domestic sewage. Upon reaching the level of sewage waste water level control set, the float mechanism closes the network and includes a pump.
Water pumping is stopped only when the float level is much lower than that led to its inclusion. This scheme allows less frequently include pumps, reducing operational loads.
Additional floats are designed to include a standby pump. The water level for running the set slightly higher than the main pump. This allows you to err, and include backup equipment only in the event of a failure of the main.
In addition, SOS can be equipped with these devices:
- Lattice capacity to filter large debris;
- control cabinets and control;
- ladder in a container;
- vortex flow regulator;
- sorption filters.
Choosing a set of equipment should be carried out only under the supervision of specialists. It will pick up accessories with elements corresponding to each other as much as possible the characteristics and productivity.
Installation instructions KNS
Installation of domestic SPS carried out exclusively by qualified personnel, in view of the high requirements for accuracy and compliance workflows. The violation of the rules can result in damage to the tank or suitable pipes thereto. Next will be discussed step by step instructions for installing the KNU for people who want to do it yourself.
The first step is carried out by choosing your place of CND. Codes require pour in the tank for at least 20 meters from the wall of a residential building. If you allow the geodetic levels, it is advisable to choose a higher station to a station does not accumulate a lot of groundwater.
The second thing is dug pit, taking into account the diameter of the container and place for easy assembly work. If the soil gets an excavator, it is necessary to stop the work at 20-30 cm above the projected level. Next, extract the ground need to manually shovel to maintain the integrity of the soil.
The third step is carried out to select the type of foundation for the installation of the CND and its installation. To do this, after the excavation pit the estimate soil water content. If the soil is dry, it is possible to make the formwork and pour her 30-cm layer of concrete. And if the pit continuously seep groundwater, then the foundation will only fit the finished concrete slab thickness is not less than 30 cm.
The concrete substrate must be perfectly horizontal, so the installation of the finished concrete slab is necessary to take care of it.
SPS capacity have a skirt or legs for fixing to the foundation. As fasteners anchor bolts are used, although the concrete is poured on the ground can be incorporated into the mixture and the metal rods, which then stick fixing capacity.
The fourth step of installing SPS capacity on the foundation, its mounting and connection to a drain pipe domestic sewage at home. When the vertical type station and a large number of groundwater prigruzka required capacity the concrete. For this purpose, around the tank is filled with concrete 20 cm above the level of the first station rib rigidity.
Fifth matter made fine soil filling station, the maximum size of which is 32 mm grains. Each layer of the earth should be less than 50 cm. After filling the next belt, it is filled with water to shrink and compacted.
On this exposed fitting CND ends. After fixing in the ground stations are located within the pumps, sensors, check valves and other accessories.
No harm will be held in a house alarm system on the critical level of waste water in the tank, which will warn of faults in the work station.
Typical installation errors
Due to improper installation of the tank, its inclination or improper filling may be damaged vessel walls, the pipes or tubes suitable. These problems threaten the manual excavations capacity and considerable financial costs. Therefore it is necessary to disassemble the typical mistakes in advance, so as not to repeat them when installing your own CPS.
- Backfilling soil has been performed:
- without layered compaction;
- large stones;
- frozen ground.
The consequence may be ground subsidence or damage to the pipeline internal shift.
- A different type of backfill from different sides. If on the one hand poured into the pit sand machine, and the other - the ground, with time warping may occur to damage the container or outer tubes of the reservoir.
- Incorrect estimation of quantities of groundwater, which is why there is a strong subsidence across CND with rupture and damage of the reservoir tube.
- The use of wedges for aligning the base plates. The consequence may be a gradual shift in the direction of the tank with a gap pipes.
Assess the correctness of the installation ANC can only people with surveying education and experience in the installation of such structures. Therefore trust the installation of expensive equipment is not necessary non-specialized organizations.
Service outside the CND
Sewage pumping station is not the equipment that can be installed and simply content with his work. Tank and pumps require regular inspection. Yourself down into the tank or carry out work on its cleaning is strictly prohibited! Inhalation of sewer gases can cause a sharp loss of consciousness and death, if the person does not pull into the fresh air for a few minutes.
When buying CND preferably immediately sign a contract for its maintenance.
To access the tank and check the equipment of the station have a sunroof, and a deep capacity - and even ladder. Monthly or quarterly service department should:
- automatic check;
- diagnose the operation of the main and backup pump, check the oil levels in them;
- remove the filters from the stuck debris;
- remove the silt from the bottom.
In case of urgent emergencies can self-examination of the tank, but it must be carried out in the presence of assistants, to the rope insurance and a respirator.
Useful videos on the topic
For a complete understanding of the pumping stations and the installation of the process taking place in these hydrodynamic processes encouraged to review the videos presented below.
The operating principle of the CND:
The principle of operation intrahouse mini-stations for pumping sewage:
Installation of household sewage medium sized station:
Pumps sewage pumping stations designed for trouble-free operation for 8-10 years, and the system containers and pipelines can last up to half a century. Therefore, once bought and installed the CND when building a house, we can provide comfortable operation of the sewer system for decades.