- What is vinyl flooring or vinyls?
- Classification vinyl flooring
laying vinyl flooring reviews vinyl flooring
- Varieties and classes of vinyl tile
A large number of floor coverings on the market of modern construction materials, can affect the unsophisticated user and lead to confusion. New technologies make it possible to create a completely new type of floor, which will have excellent characteristics, both in durability and good resistance to physical influences, and according to external data. Of all the variety of flooring, a special place is occupied by a new vinyl-based floor. This is the latest development in the field of flooring, which has excellent technical and external data. This floor provides designers with ample opportunities to carry out any interesting interior design idea. To better understand what new vinyl floors are capable of, let's take a closer look at their classifications and other features.
What is vinyl flooring or vinyls?
Vinyls is an PVC based multilayer coating. This artificial coating has high strength, as well as excellent flexibility and durability. To impart these qualities, plasticizers, special resins, quartz chips, inert fillers and stabilizers are added to polyvinyl chloride. Under high pressure, all this mass is fused and an initial multilayer material is obtained, which has excellent physical properties. You can select the layers of the vinyl floor. This will help understand what constitutes vinyls.
- The base layer is PVC itself with the addition of quartz chips.
- The top layer - this layer forms a printed pattern, which gives a variety of textures.
- The next top layer of is a transparent PVC layer to add extra strength.
- The topcoat is a PVC layer hardened with ultraviolet rays.
- lower layer - this layer is a self-adhesive surface that secures vinyl tiles to the floor.
Classification of vinyl flooring
New vinyl flooring is classified in different ways. It is possible to divide the wide range of products offered by different manufacturers in the modern construction market into square, rectangular or triangular in shape modules of vinyl covering tiles. They can have a surface, both opaque, and glossy. Also the surface of the vinyl flooring may have a rough structure. In addition, manufacturers share vinyl flooring according to production methods, which we will discuss below.
- The first type of fabrication of the is the quartz-vinyl modules, which consist of 80% quartz crumb. This type of vinyl coating has a strong and elastic structure, which makes it the best type of vinyl coating. He has excellent physical performance. This complete lack of absorption of moisture, chemical resistance and is an excellent dielectric.
- The second type of fabrication of the is the of the vinyl PVC boards, which are made of vinyl itself, special resins along with stabilizers and some plasticizers. This set of materials is pressed and the original material for the floor covering is obtained. According to its characteristics, such a coating is much stronger and more qualitative than linoleum, therefore, users increasingly use it for hallways, bathrooms and other residential and non-residential premises.
- The third type of fabrication of the is the self-adhesive vinyl coating , which is very convenient to install yourself. Its installation does not require special skills in the facelift. Simply peel off the protective film and stick the vinyl panel on the previously cleaned floor surface. In this way, it is very convenient to carry out an independent repair, therefore self-adhesive vinyl is a very useful thing.
Varieties and Classes of
Like laminate flooring, vinyl has three varieties, which are divided into classes of strength and durability of the product. This allows you to use it for various purposes, for example, in an apartment of a lower class of stability, since there is no intense flow of people, or in an office where high stability is required with a large load of many human legs. Let's look at all three varieties in more detail, and you will better understand which and where is better to use.
- The standard household vinyl floor tile possesses strength class 23-31 , which suggests that it can be used in areas where walking intensity is low. That is, this flooring is perfect in an apartment or house. The protective top layer is quite thin, but there are a lot of varieties of textures and color solutions, so choosing the right option for any room design is quite simple.
- The following grade belongs to the commercial vinyl tile and has an value of 32-42 .This option is used in rooms with medium traffic. Quite often you can find this vinyl floor covering in small offices or small retail premises. This type differs from household vinyl by a denser and thicker protective layer, which allows for greater strength.
- Tritium type of strength is maximum and has an indicator of 43 classes .This look is used in rooms with the maximum passability, for example in production rooms or shops, and also sports grounds and shopping centers. The protective layer of this vinyl flooring is 3-4 millimeters. For greater strength, special mineral additives are added to it. Also, this coating has antistatic characteristics and has a non-slip surface.
Laying the vinyl flooring
Laying the vinyl flooring is a fairly simple process that does not require special building skills. Moreover, there is a kind of vinyl, which has a self-adhesive surface. It is enough to remove the protective coating and glue the material to a flat surface. This can be done even by a person who has never done repairs on the floor. First of all, it is necessary to level the surface of the floor and eliminate cracks, dents and remove debris. You can make a screed or use self-leveling cement mixtures.
It will be better if the floor surface is sanded and leveled out as much as possible before laying the vinyl covering. When laying vinyl flooring on concrete, you should measure the humidity level of the room, which should be no more than 45-65%.This indicator is optimal.
The bonding of vinyl tiles is done in several ways. This is bonding around the perimeter of , when the adhesive composition is applied along the edges of the tile, that is, at the seams, and thus the material is laid along the perimeter of the room. Another method is a complete glue treatment of the inner surface of an vinyl floor and subsequent gluing to the floor surface.
Reviews of vinyl flooring
Reviews of vinyl flooring are overwhelmingly very positive , since the material has good physical resistance to abrasion, is superior in strength to linoleum and is very similar in texture and surface structure to laminate. This flooring is perfect for the implementation of a warm floor, as well as heat passes and is resistant to the temperature of the floor heating.
- A significant advantage of the vinyl floor, users emit a fairly dense protective surface that perfectly resists caustic chemical detergents and is easily cleaned of virtually any contamination. For example, in the children's room, where your little ones can paint the floor with felt-tip pens, smear the surface with clay or otherwise smear the floor, such a floor will be ideal.
- In addition, vinyl tiles have excellent moisture resistance and noise insulation. And also it should be noted that laying the vinyl flooring is a very simple task that any person can handle, even that one who does not think about repairing anything. Therefore, the popularity of this floor covering is very high and is growing every day. Try asking the seller in the nearest building supermarket and you will most likely get an answer that the vinyl flooring is disassembled very quickly.
Summarizing the negative customer reviews can be identified as follows:
- Peeling off the top protective layer on vinyl tiles, mainly in the corners. Most likely this disadvantage is inherent in the cheapest samples produced in an artisanal way. Therefore, you should not buy the cheapest products and products of unknown manufacturer.
- Reshaping, forcing, and spreading vinyl tiles .These flaws are not inherent in high-quality Vinilam, however, in the market one can find both fakes and products made in an artisanal way. Council in this case, be careful when choosing, pay attention to the availability of certificates from the seller, not to choose products at the lowest price from little-known manufacturers.