- №3.Polystyrene plates
- №5.Decorative plaster
- №6.Mirror tiles
- №7.Modular suspended ceilings
- №9.Stretch ceilings
- At the end of
, the hallway is being finished at the final stage of repair of the entire apartment. The materials used in this case should have a pleasant appearance, and in color should be combined with adjacent spaces. In addition, the material must be practical in the care and wear-resistant. This applies not only to the decoration of walls and floors, but also the ceiling as well. There are many variants of its facing, and it is necessary to choose the most suitable one on the basis of its performance, price and personal preferences. We will present to your attention all possible options for finishing the ceiling in the hallway.
Painting - the easiest way to trim the ceiling, especially with the help of a properly chosen color you can visually hide some of the hallway drawbacks. The advantages of this option are many:
- the ability to choose any desired shade;
- ease of application;
- low price;
- durability of the resulting surface;
- for low hallways is one of the most acceptable options, because painting does not take away valuable centimeters of the height of the room;
- properly selected paint color can, for example, visually stretch a room. So, if the ceilings are light, the floor is dark, and the walls are of an intermediate shade, then the hallway will look a little more spacious and higher.
At the same time, painting has one significant minus .Next to the simplicity of applying the paint itself, it is worth noting some difficulties in the preparation of the surface: it must be smooth and without flaws, otherwise during painting they will all be emphasized. You will need putty, plaster and primer ceiling, which means the finishing process is complicated. The plasterboard sheets having an ideally smooth and even surface can ease the task, but their installation takes 10–15 cm in the hallway height, which is critical in some cases.
Whitewashing is a way, frankly, outdated, but at the same time simple, minimally time consuming and cheap. The aesthetic appeal of the whitewashed ceiling is inferior to other options, but with a limited budget of or if one does not want to spend a lot of effort on repairs, whitewashing becomes a good option.
It is worth noting that the surface under it is also worth carefully preparing the , almost the same as for painting. In addition, whitewashing - far away is not the most durable version of the , because after a couple of years it begins to turn yellow or crumble.
Another fairly budget and easy way to trim the ceilings in the hallway. Such plates, as a rule, have a size of 50 * 50 cm, can be smooth, have a pattern, a relief, imitate other materials. Large assortment is the main advantage of this type of finish, and among the others it is worth noting:
- low price;
- ease of installation. Preliminary surface preparation, as for painting and whitewashing, is not required - it is enough to simply remove the layer of the old finish, but there should not be any serious differences in height. Tiles are fixed with special glue, they are light, so the installation process is simple and quick;
- after installation such plates can be painted, which will help to easily make a novelty in the interior.
Among the minuses of polystyrene tiles is called its low fire resistance, but for the hallway it is not so bad. Many say that the material looks rustic, and this is the case, however, in relation to very cheap options. A bit more expensive tiles can be laminated, imitate a variety of different materials, have an interesting relief, which means they can become a budget decoration for a hallway.
Wallpapers on the ceiling in the hallway - the option is not the most common. Nevertheless, this is an interesting solution that does not require the strong costs of , and the majority will cope with gluing on their own. Among other advantages, it is worth noting a huge variety of modern assortment of : you can decorate the hallway with both plain wallpaper and material with any pattern and ornament. Wallpaper does not take away the height of , and dense material can even hide some surface irregularities.
Due to the ornament, you can hide not only some defects of the ceiling, but also a little to change the perception of the room .For example, an asymmetrical pattern will help to hide some irregularities, and striped wallpaper coming from the walls to the ceiling will make it slightly higher. Among the minuses of of a similar finish, it is worth noting its insufficient durability( up to 10-15 years) and the complexity of its use in the hallways of non-standard forms.
For the ceiling in the hallway, better than are suitable wallpaper types such as:
- glass wall panels for painting, which reinforce the surface and allow you to change the color of the ceiling several times;
- vinyl wallpapers with a huge selection of colors and patterns;
- non-woven wallpaper;
- paper wallpaper is the most short-lived, but eco-friendly and cheap, so in some cases can be an excellent option.
Thanks to decorative plaster, you can create a unique ceiling, and the relief of the plaster can hide some irregularities. The relief is created with the help of the components that are part of the plaster, which, when rubbed with sponges, spatulas or floats, form characteristic grooves. A special type of decorative plaster - Venetian, which is more difficult to organize, but it gives a smooth mirrored ceiling that resembles a stone - very beautiful and luxurious.
In addition to the unique appearance, ability to mask some defects and environmental friendliness, among the advantages of decorative plaster is also worth noting the preservation of the height of the space .Some types can be applied with your own hands, but with Venetian plaster and some others it is not so simple - you need the help of a professional.
Mirror ceiling - solution is a bold and unconventional .On the one hand, the reflecting surface is an possibility to make a small hallway visually larger and higher than , because even one light source will be reflected in the ceiling and illuminate the space well. On the other hand, you need to arrange everything so that the hall does not turn into a room of laughter.
Under the mirror plates can mean polystyrene, covered with a mirror film: the reflection comes out blurry, but the material itself is cheap. Traditional mirror plates give a clearer image; they are heavier, more durable and more qualitative. Attach such finishing material to the screws or special glue. You should be prepared in advance that will need to take care of such a ceiling more often than any other finish.
№7.Modular suspended ceilings
Under this type of ceiling structures mean cassette and slatted ceilings. In terms of performance, they meet the requirements of the hallway, and among the main advantages worth noting:
- durability, reliability, durability;
- under the framework of such a ceiling, you can lay the communication;
- due to the presence of the frame, you can equip an interesting lighting system;
- ease of installation.
For many, metal( they are also rack) ceilings evoke associations with the bathroom, and cassette ones with office rooms, so this solution is not for everyone. In addition, you need a frame, and this is not only space for all wires and other communications, but also minus 10-15 cm in height of , which in some cases is not at all superfluous. Also it should be borne in mind that the rack ceiling is quite expensive, and its repair is time consuming.
Suspended plasterboard ceilings - is a real hit of the modern time .This solution combines practicality, excellent appearance and gives space for imagination. Plasterboard ceilings are popular because of the many advantages of :
- there is no need to carry out long and dirty plastering works - drywall sheets have a smooth, smooth surface;
- communication can be positioned over the structure, incl.wiring to create a spotlight system;
- can create multi-level ceilings, give structures an interesting shape, but such a solution is only available in high, spacious entrance halls; a miniature space will transform a multi-level structure into a real hole;
- environmental friendliness and safety of the material.
Reducing the height of the hallway is the main disadvantage of using drywall, but if it does not frighten, then the remaining drawbacks are minor. After mounting the structure, it will be necessary to finish it with paint or plaster, and the lighting system needs to be thought out in advance, since then it will be impossible to attach something heavy to the ceiling.
# 9.Stretch ceilings
Another popular solution at the moment, which is used in almost all rooms. Stretch ceiling can be matte or glossy, made of fabric or PVC, be plain or have a pattern , and the pattern can be anything. A wide range is a significant advantage of , but not the only one. Among the advantages of stretch ceilings it is also worth noting:
- durability and practicality;
- construction hides the main ceiling, so there is no need to plaster and level it;
- installation process quick and dust free;
- it is possible to use point lighting, which will help make the hallway lighter, and this room almost always suffers from a lack of natural light;
- designers are talking about the need to use tension structures in hallways of irregular shapes, since such a ceiling will distract the eye from the angularity of the hallway;
- moisture resistance and the ability to withstand the weight of a large amount of water, if you suddenly flood the neighbors.
Matte stretch ceilings will make the space more comfortable, and glossy, reflecting the light, will be able to make the hall more. The main drawback is the high price, , but it is more than paying for with durability and practicality. It is worth being prepared for the fact that several centimeters of height will be lost, but the glossy surface compensates them.
The hallway, being the boundary between the house and the street, takes on many negative influences. That is why it is necessary to choose such finishing materials that would be minimally susceptible to such effects, wear-resistant and durable. Although the main blow falls on the floor and walls, the choice of finishing for the ceiling should also be approached seriously. It is necessary to take into account not only the purely practical requirements, but also the aesthetic side: it is important that the material looks good, emphasizes the style of the hallway and is combined with the main elements not only of this room, but also adjacent to it.