- №3.Plastic panels
- №4.Suspended ceilings
- №5.Rack ceiling
- №6.Polystyrene plates
- №7.Mirror ceiling
- №8.Stretch PVC ceiling
- №9.Wooden ceiling
- №10.Decorative plaster
- In conclusion,
Sooner or later, when planning a bathroom repair, we all come to the question, what kind of material to choose for finishing the ceiling .It should be strong, beautiful, preferably durable and easy to clean. Naturally, the chosen material should fit into the future bathroom interior. So which one of the numerous finishes on the market to choose?
Considering the nature of the room, the selected material must be moisture resistant, withstand temperature changes, be hygienic and easy to clean. The limit of all dreams is the ability to withstand a sudden rush of water from above, if suddenly the neighbors inadvertently flood you, but not all finishing materials have this property.
Paint the ceiling in the bathroom - this is the easiest and budget option. However,
will have to spend money on putty and
primer in order to pre-prepare the surface, because for painting it must be perfectly flat. You can cope with these works yourself, and this is additional savings. You only need to choose moisture-resistant materials, and this applies to primer, putty and the paint itself. But it is worth noting that this version of will be beneficial only for those who have almost flat
in the bathroom and are ideal - if there are many flaws on them, there are significant differences in height, then it is better to refuse painting in favor of another method of finishing. An important advantage of painting the ceiling is that you will not lose a centimeter of the height of the room
, as with many other types of finishes.
Using painting, you can create a ceiling as simple as possible, as well as an exclusive one, if you combine two or more colors, make a drawing or draw a pattern. This coverage will last for about 10 years, which, in principle, is not so bad. A few years later, on a light surface, it will be possible to notice a slight darkening that cannot be washed - this is dirt. A bit unpleasant, but getting out of the situation is easy - to refresh the surface with a new layer of paint : it is fast, cheap and easy. If you planned to use the built-in lighting in the bathroom, then such a ceiling will definitely not work: there is no place to build in lamps, but you can choose a nice hanging version.
When the ceiling has significant irregularities, it is better not to use painting, but to install sheets of drywall, which will help to create an interesting interior. You need to choose a moisture-resistant material that can be recognized even visually: it has a green tint. Among the advantages of such a coating is :
- the ability of to create an original design of , for example, a multi-level ceiling;
- under the drywall you can hide all communications , and in the end the bathroom will look stylish and neat. Moreover, you can use built-in lights , creating a spectacular lighting;
- strength and relative durability.
It is also necessary to note with some drawbacks:
- , the need for to create a frame for mounting drywall sheets, and these are additional time and expense. By the way, it is better to equip a metal in the bathroom, rather than a wooden frame;
- on top of the drywall slab will have to be primed and painted with to get a pleasant-looking finish;
- intermittently will have to update the paint , as in some places dirt may accumulate. To do this, however, even independently, is not so difficult.
This option of finishing can be called the golden mean in terms of price and appearance .PVC panels have with a lot of advantages , the most important of which are:
- absolute moisture resistance and strength;
- can even be mounted independently;
- externally is a beautiful stylish finish that does not need additional treatment, like drywall, for example. When properly installed, the ceiling will look monolithic, and the panel joints will be impossible to recognize with the naked eye;
- in such a ceiling can be mounted spotlights, if such lighting corresponds to your design idea;
- finish is very easy to clean;
- is a relatively low price, which makes it possible to attribute this option to budget solutions. If installation is carried out independently, then the cost of such finishing is generally minimal.
Not without without disadvantages:
- if the ceiling is not very skillfully assembled, then the joints of the panels will be visible. But it's not so bad. Dirt and moisture will gradually begin to enter such joints, provoking the development of mold in the absence of adequate ventilation;The
- metal frame, to which plastic plates are attached, may rust over time, even with a galvanized coating. But if the bathroom is all right with ventilation, this should not happen;
- will quickly update the coating, for example, in the case of painting, it will not work - you will have to dismantle the old panels, and only then organize a new finish.
Today, often under the suspended ceilings imply attached to the frame plate, slats, wall paneling, modules made of plastic, plexiglass, metal, etc. There are plenty of options, but it is important that the material is moisture-proof and matches the interior.
The undoubted plus of such ceilings is that additional priming or painting is not required, as is the case with plasterboard. Finishing material already has an attractive appearance, with which you can create a unique interior in the bathroom. In addition, any suspended ceiling can be equipped with built-in lighting, hide all communications under the structure, ensuring the most attractive appearance of the whole structure.
Among the downsides can be noted the fact that the room will be 10-15 cm below. Moreover, often the cost and installation of a suspended ceiling is a rather expensive pleasure, and the simplest cellular or cassette ceilings will not give the bathroom proper home comfort, resembling an office or public toilet.
Rack ceiling - a great modern solution for bathrooms. The construction is going to the frame, it is non-durable and simple process that even a novice can handle. The main advantages of suspended ceilings are the :
- is a beautiful appearance. Reiki can imitate the surface of any metal, be monophonic or have a pattern that completely unleashes hands in the organization of the dream interior;
- ease of installation;
- flexibility of the rails allows not only faster and easier to cope with their installation, but also to create curvilinear structures that will make the room original;
- polished surface has strong reflective properties, which means that it will be possible to visually expand the space.
The disadvantages of are not that many in this finishing option. First, the rack ceiling will not fit into any interior style successfully. Secondly, dirt can gradually accumulate between the seams, but this is not a particular drawback, because timely cleaning will help to avoid it.
This is one of the most affordable and simple ceiling options in the bathroom, which also has controversial decorative qualities. Often, such tiles are even glued to the ceiling, thus simplifying and cheapening the installation. Using the foam tile, you can to hide the significant irregularities and flaws in the ceiling of the .All work can be done independently, and this is a significant savings, and in the end such a finish will cost very cheap.
But, unfortunately, foam boards do not have the required decorative effect of , although they often have an interesting relief. You can transform them a little with the help of coloring, and if you perform it in an original way, using several colors, you can create a very nice interior. These plates are water resistant and in operation show themselves well, but due to its cheap appearance, not every bathroom will fit well. However, such a budget finishing option is perfect for those who do not have huge funds for repairs or want to make temporary repairs during the shrinkage of the new building, for example.
Mirror ceiling is able to bring a highlight to any room. Probably, it is not a secret to anyone that in this way can visually expand the space of the even in a very small bathroom. But these are not all the advantages of such a solution. The mirror ceiling is durable and highly resistant to moisture and temperature extremes.
However, such an finish will not be very cheap , because, first, you need to install a strong reinforced frame, and second, to correctly assemble all the plates, and only professional can do it. More budget alternatives are shiny plastic panels, but this is not the most durable solution. In addition, care for the mirror surface rather time-consuming , if you want it to always remain in perfect condition. Consider whether you are ready to regularly clean such a ceiling, as well as how well such a solution will fit into the interior of the bathroom and whether everyone else will like it.
№8.Stretch PVC ceiling
This is ideal for the conditions of the bathroom , as it combines decorative, practical and durable. The advantages of it are many , the main ones are:
- moisture resistance;
- ability to retain water, if suddenly the neighbors above you will arrange a flood. Specialists gently drain all the water, again stretched the ceiling, and appliances and furniture in the bathroom will not be affected;
- a huge range of possible shades of stretch ceilings, and you can choose any pattern, color, matte or glossy surface;
- the ability to create an interesting interior with a multi-level ceiling and built-in lighting;
- is a simple maintenance, because the ceiling only occasionally needs to be cleaned with a damp cloth;
- stretch ceilings fit into absolutely any interior.
Yet there are some drawbacks to stretch ceilings and :
- is relatively expensive, besides, you also need to pay for the services of professionals - you cannot over-build this design;
- material is gentle, so during cleaning it is easy to perforate, and then many of the useful performance characteristics will disappear;
- need to be extremely careful with lighting devices. If they are too powerful, then the ceiling material may begin to melt.
The wooden ceiling in the bathroom is beautiful, unusual and stylish .Most often, uses wooden clapboard for finishing the ceilings, which preserves the noble look of wood, its scent and warmth. It is better to choose materials impregnated with protective properties, or to apply a protective layer independently. The type of wood also plays an important role: it is better to choose those varieties that are naturally resistant to moisture, and this is a teak tree.
Wooden ceiling makes the bathroom stylish, and at the same time its installation will not be very difficult, as the wall paneling is attached to the frame with nails. The only thing is that you need to carefully care for the wood and cover it with protective agents in time so that it does not deform and become covered with mold.
# 10.Decorative plaster
Decorative plaster is another is a good option to finish the ceiling in the bathroom , as there are special formulations for sale that are not afraid of water and which can easily be applied even independently. The result will be a durable, durable and environmentally friendly coating.
With the help of decorative plaster, you can create an huge range of different textures and effects on the ceiling of the , and in each case the surface will be unique, because it will be impossible to repeat the pattern in another room either. You can also choose any color.
Acrylic-based plasters that have excellent water repellency properties are best suited for bathrooms. In addition, you can use Venetian plaster. With it, you can simulate almost any surface, give it a glossy effect, create stains and other effects.
Absolutely anyone can cope with the application of most types of decorative plaster, because preliminary leveling of the surface is not required. Another advantage - the plaster practically does not take away the height of the room.
When choosing a material for finishing the ceiling in a bathroom, you should first of all pay attention to its performance properties, strength and durability, because it will be used in a room with high humidity and frequent temperature changes. The decorative properties are also important, as the decoration should fit into the interior and satisfy all your requirements.