- Types of
- Which parameters to pay attention to
- Principles of choice
Tube TVs are, as a rarity, far back in time. And that makes sense. Firstly, modern televisions take up less space, and secondly, they can be fixed even on the wall. Compact size allows you to choose any screen size - from the traditional 18.5 ″ to huge.
But what size should be considered optimal? Is it worth taking into account the distance, area and other factors when choosing a diagonal?
At first glance, all TV models are the same, differing only in the size range and design. However, they differ in the type of screen. A review of the most common will allow you to orient the consumer when choosing.
The essence of their work is to sift a stream of light using fluorescent lamps or LEDs. Such subtypes are distinguished:
- LED( diode current).
- LCD( fluorescent flux).
How does this screen? This is a monitor with liquid crystals that react to an electromagnetic field and are capable of transmitting some light fluxes, while others are able to delay.
- low power consumption;
- eye-free flicker-free image;
- clear and bright image;
- reasonable price;
- long life.
- weak dynamics and depth of the picture;
- viewing angle does not exceed 125 degrees;
- long response matrix;
- steady resolution.
Plasma Panel At the heart of the design is the phenomenon of the luminescence of the phosphor under the influence of ultraviolet rays arising from an electric discharge in an ionized gas( plasma).
- possible viewing at a large angle without distorting the image;
- expressive and contrasting pictures with clear contours;
- flicker frequency - up to 600 Hz, imperceptible to the eyes;
- instant response, without the effect of smearing pictures.
- only large dimensions - there are no small plasmas;
- will have to maintain the necessary distance for viewing, since the large size of the pixels makes viewing uncomfortable;
- phosphor fade faster, which reduces the life;
- high price;
- high power consumption.
OLED Screens The
matrix consists of organic diodes that effectively emit light when an electric current passes through them.
- high level of quality, rich and vivid picture( up to 100 thousand Cd / m2);
- viewing is possible from almost any angle;
- contrast, color range - flawless;
- economical power consumption;
- flicker is absent, response time - thousandths of a second;
- picture reality;
- wide selection of diagonal sizes.
- blue phosphor prone to rapid fading;
- high price;
- technology is not too common among manufacturers.
Which parameters to pay attention to
Since the advent of TVs, attention is constantly being paid to the need to adhere to the correct distance from the screen to the viewing point. Therefore, the technique should be selected, given its size and distance from the viewer.
There are recommendations on the size of the screen, depending on how far away the TV is from the person. Permissible indicators:
- for 1.5 m - diagonal up to 17 inches;
- 2–3 m are optimal for 25–40 ″ diagonals;
- 4–6 m - for 50–80 ″.
An important factor to consider when choosing a TV.The higher the number, the better the image quality. The requirements for favorable viewing are also different:
- HD( 1280x720).For this type, the proportion of the distance to the screen and the diagonal is 1 / 2.3.For example, at a distance of one meter you can watch HD from 17 ″, for 2 m you can watch a 34-inch TV.Each next meter of distance allows to place the TV more on 17 ″.
- Full HD( 1920x1080).With such a number of pixels, the dependence of the diagonal and the distance from the screen is the following: at 1 m, the quality will be 25 ″, 2 m - 50 ″, 3 m - 75 ″.
- Ultra HD 4K( 3840x2160).The latest resolution with the best image quality. On a 39-inch screen, the image quality will be even at a distance of 1 meter. The distance of 2 meters provides a high-quality image at 78 ″, and 3 m allows 117 ″.
It seems the fever with the races on the big screens have passed. After all, everything should be in proportion. To preserve the balance and choose the perfect technique for your interior, decide in advance - do not choose blindly!
It is important to consider the area of the room( room), to keep proportions. Recommendations:
- for small rooms the diagonal should not exceed 20 inches;
- for medium-sized rooms( up to 18 m²), the optimal performance is 37 ″;
- with an area of 20 m² - 40 ″ and more.
Principles of choice
The parameters of the equipment depend on the location of the TV: screen size, size, type. How to choose:
- for a small kitchen because of the lack of free space will fit an HD type LCD screen up to 20 ″;
- in the living room or bedroom of medium size with a distance of at least 3 m is recommended 40–42 ″.If this is Full HD, then you can buy even 75 ″;
- for large areas often choose large panels: this requires the size and proportions in the design of rooms, as the viewing distance increases. It is better to choose a TV type Ultra HD.The best picture quality ensures a pleasant viewing even of the largest diagonal TV.
With minimal knowledge of the types and properties of equipment, its basic parameters, it will be easy to choose the optimal diagonal.