Content of the article:
Drinkers for quails must meet special requirements. So, properly organized watering will help not only to ensure maximum purity in the cage, but also to grow healthy birds. The drinker can be bought in the store, however, it is recommended to use hand-made devices. In this article we will discuss how to make drinking bowls for quails with your own hands.
The types of drinking troughs and requirements for them
Quails, however, like any other birds, are very trash. Improperly organized manger and bowl only add problems to cell contamination.
Proper drinking can help grow healthy birds and minimize dirt in the cage itself. The main types of drinkers are cup, nipple, drip and automatic drinking bowl.
Any of the above drinkers must meet the following requirements:
- size depends entirely on the number of birds, as well as their age;
- raw material is better to choose environmentally friendly and safe for birds;
- do not select wood or clay as the main material, and also minimize the use of metal;
- water should be available to birds, because birds should simply reach the water;
- pals should be easily removed from the cage for cleaning;
- bowl should be strong.
Nipple drinkers for quail are a tube made of metal or plastic, located horizontally on the floor. The height of the structure may vary and vary depending on the age of the birds. So, for adult birds from higher places, for young - lower. This type of drinkers is also called drip drinkers for quails. These types of drinkers can be with the so-called drip catcher( tank, where the water comes from the spout) and without it.
Drip tanks with water can rightfully be considered one of the most convenient ways of drinking. So, their advantages are:
- water is always clean and fresh;
- bowl helps maintain cell cleanliness;
- such bowls have a long service life;
- can dissolve vitamins.
If you decide to make such a bowl yourself, then follow these tips:
- You can connect the bowl directly to the pipeline.
- It is better to place the tank as high as possible so that the pressure in the pipeline rises and, as a result, the bowl works better.
- To install the nipple it is necessary to drill holes in the pipe.
- If you are afraid that the installation site may leak, use Teflon tape during the manufacturing process.
- For young( 15-25 days) it is better to use soft nipples. For adult birds, you can use hard nozzles.
- Drip pili can be installed anywhere: so they are great for installation both on the inside and on the outside of the cage, on the wall and on other surfaces.
Nipple constructions are one of the most expensive types of drinkers. It is believed that it is better to install them with a large number of birds.
A cup drinking bowl for quail is small in size and is therefore often referred to as a micro bowl. This bowl is a cup in which a small tongue floats, connected to a ball that blocks the flow of water. If there is water, the tongue remains on the surface and the water does not penetrate into the tank. If the water begins to run out, then the tongue falls to the bottom, the ball opens access to moisture, and the bowl is filled with fresh water. Such bowls are equally well suited for very young birds, as well as for adult birds.
The design should be selected in such a way that it meets the requirements for keeping birds( in a cage or on the floor), by the number of birds, as well as by their age. Quail breeders respond that it is quite difficult to make a bowl.
From a plastic bottle
A drinking bottle for quail from a plastic bottle is one of the simplest options to perform. A plastic bowl is a bottle, which is cut horizontally and attached to the wall of the cage. To make a plastic bottle, you need a bottle, a can, a knife, a drill and a wire.
To make a plastic quill bowl, make the following instructions with your own hands:
- Take a tin can. Cut off the cap and sharpen the edges so that they are not sharp.
- Approximately 5-6 cm from the bottom, you must make two holes.
- In the holes, which will subsequently be places where water flows from, you need to attach two screwdrivers.
- Take a plastic bottle and drill several holes near its neck.
- Pour water into a bottle, close it and put it in a tin can upside down.
- You can attach the structure to the cage with a wire.
quails In addition to the above types, there are also so-called vacuum models. You can buy them in the store, and make yourself. Vacuum drinking bowl is also called “quail feeding system”.One vacuum design is more than enough to provide water for 15-25 adults of quails.
In fact, such a bowl is a reservoir of about 7-10 liters( for example, a small canister) on which the structure is mounted. She in this case has the form of a cover with a round gutter. The contraction collected and filled with water turns over and liquid flows into the grooves.
The market offers a variety of different drinkers for quail. Of course, it is best to do it yourself, so you will be confident in the reliability of the model, as well as in the ecological materials. The most common types are drip, pan and nipple designs that craftsmen can do at home with their own hands. The simplest form is a bowl made from a plastic bottle. Such a bowl is less durable, however, it is no less useful.