- What does this mean?
- What are the climate classes
- Which climate class is better to choose
Today it is difficult to imagine a different way of storing food than a refrigerator. This type of home appliances on the market in a large assortment, so there is something to choose from. Each manufacturer is trying to provide the end user with a device that will work without complaints and will receive modern parameters. In refrigerators that are being implemented at the moment, the temperature in the freezer and directly in the unit itself is adjusted during operation to the weather conditions. This is called a climate class. And that means the climate class of the refrigerator, we will describe in detail in this article.
What does this mean?
Every year, the climate changes dramatically: the summer becomes hot, and in winter the temperature ranges from above zero to steady cold. Such instability in the weather is the reason why refrigerators can fail. Therefore, they began to produce refrigerators different with the climate class.
To the question: “What is the climate class of a refrigerator?”, We will answer that this term means an indicator that notifies the owner about the allowable temperature of the air in the room at which the refrigerator will work most efficiently.
What are the climate classes
The climate class is generally defined as letters, which can be found on the back of the refrigerator. When creating a refrigerator, it is initially equipped with a compressor, which must maintain the difference between the temperature in the room where the device is located and the temperature regime of the device itself. But the compressor is able to perform this function only at a certain temperature.
For this reason, when buying a refrigerator, it is necessary to take into account its climate class so that the products retain their freshness for a long time, and the unit itself can work as long as possible. Consider all the climate classes of the refrigerator in more detail:
- Normal - it is denoted by the letter N and can work at 16–32 degrees and is universal. But experts note that at temperatures above 32 degrees with a “+” sign, the refrigerator should be located exclusively in a chilled room. In winter, it cannot be used in cold rooms - it should always be warm in the room. The advantages of this type of refrigerator is the economical consumption of electricity and an acceptable cost.
- Subnormal - its designation of the letter SN.This type of home appliance is capable of operating at a thermometer reading of 10–32 degrees. Such refrigerators are used in basements, utility rooms. If the temperature drops below comfortable, the refrigerator will continue to work anyway.
- Subtropical - used to denote the combination of letters ST.A refrigerator with this climate class operates at a temperature range of 18–38 degrees. Best suited for areas where in summer the temperature exceeds 32 degrees Celsius. The disadvantage is that it cannot be used at low temperatures. In our area you can use it, provided that the room will be heated to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Tropical - denoted by the letter T. Can work at a temperature of 18-43 degrees. This type of refrigerators is able to cope with their work even in conditions of unbearable heat. This applies not only to hot areas, but also to rooms where there is no air conditioning. These models are the most expensive and are not suitable for the climate with high humidity.
For consumers of the Russian market, refrigerators with a subnormal and normal climate class are generally recommended for purchase( in aggregates of domestic producers, climate class is defined as UHL - cold and moderately cold climate).The designations ST and T in the Russian models are defined as general climatic( O).
Which climate class is better to choose
? In some cases it is quite difficult to determine the climate class of a refrigeration device that is most suitable for a particular region. This is due to the very small difference between the two close classes: N and SN, T and ST.In addition, you can find models that are designated SN-T and their operating temperature is 10–43 degrees. Note that this class is considered the most universal.
And also note that this indicator affects the price of the unit. Refrigerators labeled T or ST are a bit more expensive than others, because they are able to perform their function at high temperatures. For this reason, they are equipped with better insulation. The motors and compressors of these devices are much more powerful, and the capacitors occupy a large area. Naturally, the production costs are reflected in the price of the finished product.
When buying a refrigeration unit, you must take into account only the characteristics of the room where it will work. Models that are ideal for living space will not fit the climate of a warehouse or basement. It is also necessary to take into account that if the device is chosen correctly, there will be a noticeable energy saving on the face. If the choice was made a mistake, then the refrigerator will consume much more electricity. As a result, it can damage the motor.
In this review, we talked about the types of climate classes of the refrigerator and about their differences, about the features of their work and pricing schemes. We hope that this article will be useful to you, and you will be able to purchase a good refrigerator, which will not only serve a long time, but also save electricity.