Contents of the article:
Today, more and more supporters of healthy eating are deciding to include wheat bran in their diet. It is a product obtained from the processing and production of grain crops. For a long time it was considered useless and used only as animal feed. At the moment, the benefits of wheat bran are already known a lot of information. Their use is recommended in many diets. With the help of wheat bran, the state is normalized in many diseases. However, in order to take bran only benefit, you need to know some of the features of the product.
Wheat bran: benefit and harm, how to take
The outer shell of the grain, which is used for the production of bran, is a storehouse of biologically valuable substances. At the same time, the product remains low-calorie, therefore it is recommended that it is actively promoted by specialists in healthy nutrition and nutritionists.
Useful qualities of wheat bran due to the following chemical composition:
- vitamin A;
- vitamin E;
- B vitamins;
- fiber, as well as dietary fiber;
- fatty acids.
In the shops you can see both wheat bran granulated and non-granulated. There is no particular difference in them, unless the product is offered in its pure form.
Ordinary bran is most often produced without any additives. But in the composition of the granules can often be present sugar, salt or even various flavors, designed to enhance the taste. Therefore, if you want to receive the product as much as possible, then you should give preference to ground bran.
What is wheat bran good for?
Wheat bran substances in wheat have a beneficial effect on the human body:
- Once in the stomach, they increase in size, which causes a feeling of satiety. This property is especially important for those who want to lose weight. It also helps to eliminate all unnecessary from the intestines - toxins, mucus. This minimizes the likelihood of constipation, as well as the development of colon cancer. That is why wheat bran for constipation is recommended by many nutritionists.
- Fiber, which is contained in the shell of the grain in large quantities, allows you to get rid of dysbiosis. B vitamins stimulate the formation of gastric juice.
- It is known that bran helps with problems of the heart and vascular system. Use of the product helps to normalize the level of cholesterol in the blood. The likelihood of myocardial infarction or heart disease such as arrhythmia, tachycardia is reduced.
- Wheat bran, whose composition is very diverse, is indispensable for problems of the gastrointestinal tract. Their use allows in the shortest possible time to normalize the process of digestion.
- Wheat bran, which are very low in calories, will also help in the fight against obesity. With extra pounds will help cope fiber, which contributes to the slow absorption of carbohydrates by the body. There is a feeling of satiety, it is already difficult to eat more than planned. Therefore, wheat bran for weight loss - a simple but effective tool. At the same time, bran is recommended for diabetes mellitus, since their consumption can significantly slow down the process of increasing glucose in the blood.
- Bran is equally useful for both the female and the male body. Useful fatty acids, namely, Omega-3 and Omega-6, allow us to keep the level of estrogen in its normal state. By bringing the product into the diet, you protect yourself from the occurrence of diseases such as breast cancer. Men, in turn, can normalize the work of the prostate gland.
Wheat bran: how to eat
Like oat or rye bran, wheat can be used as an additive to various dishes - salads, cocktails, jelly, minced fish, cereal and much more. However, for maximum benefit, it is worth adhering to a certain dosage of the product. It can be used as an independent therapeutic and prophylactic agent. There are two options for this:
- Soak bran in advance. A certain portion of bran pour boiling water and leave to infuse for 30 minutes. Next, drain the excess fluid, and take the swollen bran in this form. They can also be added to cereals or other suitable dishes.
- Take dry. Take the crushed bran with a large amount of water - at least 1 cup.
Like any product unfamiliar to the body, bran should be taken with caution. Increase dose gradually. Start with 1 tsp.per day, keeping this volume for 2 weeks. You can then increase the daily dose to 3 tsp.(one spoon three times a day).
Please note that the maximum amount is 4 spoons. This norm should not be violated, because you risk harm to your body.
The admission course must be at least two months. As soon as the benefit from the use of this product is noticeable, a decrease in the daily norm should begin immediately.
Wheat bran for weight loss: how to take
Wheat flakes are often recommended as a dietary product that allows you to lose weight in a short time. To this end, they should be consumed shortly before a meal, which will allow the work of the digestive system to be adjusted. As mentioned above, bran increases in its volume when it enters the stomach, which helps reduce appetite. There is a feeling of satiety, so nutritionists often urge to use them for dinner. If you want to receive such flakes as clearly as possible, you can add them to low-fat yogurt or kefir. To do this, it is advisable to let them stand in boiling water so that they have time to swell.
Regular consumption of wheat flakes allows you to achieve a positive effect. However, it is very important not to exceed the daily dose and the maximum duration of the course. Along with harmful toxins and slags, long-term intake of bran will also remove beneficial substances from the body. This is fraught with many consequences, including calcium imbalance.
Contraindications to use
Despite its beneficial properties, bran can be harmful if taken in the presence of the following diseases:
- problems with the duodenum;
- individual protein intolerance;
- postoperative period;
- gastric ulcer.
You should not give such flakes to children, because it is difficult for a growing body to cope with the digestion of such coarse food. This product is also harmful for women who bear the fruit, as it promotes the removal from the body of not only harmful, but also useful substances.
If you decide to systematically take such bran, it is very important to adhere to the correct drinking regimen. A day should be drunk( if consumed from 1 to 3 tsp. Of bran ground) at least two liters of water. To avoid serious consequences before the course of taking wheat bran you should consult with a nutritionist, a doctor or a specialist in healthy nutrition.