Eating plants is artificial and natural. We need healthy, natural, good-tasting berries, so it makes no sense to consider artificial nutrition. The main stress in the cultivation of raspberries will be done on the natural active and passive nutrition.
- Active nutrition - the consumption by plants of the result of the vital activity of soil worms, microorganisms, fungi. To provide useful substances in the right quantity, the cottager must mulch the beds.
- Passive nutrition is good soil in which raspberries will be planted. Excellent passive nutrition get plants from black soil. Summer resident simply needs to create and maintain a good microclimate in his garden beds. Providing natural nutrition to raspberries will help you get a high yield from year to year.
Giving tips on caring for raspberries, experts say that worms, microorganisms, fungi and mulching will help increase the yield of a favorite variety of plants.
We begin to engage in mulching, and nature itself will do the rest:
- Sowing the green manure on the beds under the raspberries will help make the soil loose.
- Planting of seedlings can be carried out in any direction. This approach will not affect the yield at all.
- Preparation for raspberry trench. Its depth should not be less than 40 cm.
- 2 compost buckets and 1 liter of ash are brought per meter of running meter.
- Planting seedlings according to the scheme.
- Pour 2 liters of water on each bush.
The measures taken will help you to get an excellent growth in the first year. Until May 10, make the first feeding, and then after 2 weeks the second and after the same interval the third. In the remontant raspberry, the old shoot is cut as soon as the young grow at least 40 cm. There will be no fruits in the year of planting, but the harvest of the following years will surprise you.
Planting Raspberry Saplings
Preparing feedings for raspberries from kitchen waste, collecting them in a barrel or a composter pile for rotting. It is desirable to plant raspberries when there is ready-made compost and wood ash. On pre-prepared beds we make markup. Between the rows, the distance is not less than 1.5 m, and the bushes are planted in 0.7 m increments. We loosen the soil, sprinkle with ashes, add compost and mix. The seedling is planted in such a way that the first bud from the root is 3 cm below the ground level. We mulch the earth around the root system.
Raspberry Care Tips
There are no special secrets of raspberry care. It is enough to give a good start to the growth of a new bush in the first year, and then perform simple treatments and make natural dressings.
In early May, we dilute 1 kg of fresh or granulated manure with 10 liters of water and water the seedlings. After 14 days, repeat feeding. As soon as new branches appear, we buy Baikal EM-1.For 5 liters of water, add 2.5 ml of the preparation and make two treatments of raspberry for a period of 14 days.
Starting from the second year and on, raspberries in spring are fed with infusion of manure and herbs. The preparation Baikal EM-1 is made two treatments per season. Every three weeks are fermented waste products. Compost is added to the garden in the fall.
Taking care of raspberries in spring consists not only in feeding the root system, but also in carrying out a set of activities:
- Two weeks before the berries ripen, we warm up the soil around the bushes, covering the ground with ruberoid or black film.
- Large-sized raspberry spring pruned. Cut to make healthy wood.
- In each bush, no more than 8 shoots are left, cutting out thick and old stems.
- Tying raspberries to the trellis, which allows you to increase the yield by 2 times.
- We remove the extra shoots with a shovel.
- In dry, hot weather, we irrigate by adding microorganisms to the water.
- Mulch material is treated with biological fluid.
Periodically we go out to a bed to eliminate old branches, dig up shoots and remove weeds.
Important! Do not leave raspberries without watering with the addition of bio-solution in the heat season.
In the first year after disembarkation of the remontrant raspberry, it should not be allowed to bear fruit in order to harvest a good harvest in the following years. Remove flowers and ovaries without regret. From the second year we will only remove old branches after harvest.
Planting siderats between young plants, which will help keep the soil loose without mechanical treatment.
Caring for raspberries in autumn involves making ash and herbal infusion. This will help increase yields, the number of replacement shoots and reduce the appearance of shoots.
Preparing herbal infusion:
- In the barrel we lay grass cut at the site or removed from the beds. One third of the tank should remain empty.
- Add additional ingredients: school crayons - 2 pcs., Jam - 1.5 cups, sifted ash - 1.5 cups, a handful of mullein.
- Fill up the tank with warm water with the addition of bio-solution and knead well the contents of the barrel.
On hot summer days, it is enough to hold the infusion for a week, and in the autumn it will take 10 days. For watering plants concentrate diluted with water in a ratio of 1:20.
To prepare a wood ash fertilizer for 2 glasses of the substance, 10 liters of hot water and 24 hours for tincture are required. On one raspberry bush, we spend 3 liters of the mixture.
In the fall, we usually bend the usual raspberries to the ground, and prune the remontantnuyu, leaving only up to 10 cm of vine.
Now you know how to care for raspberries in spring, summer and autumn to get a good harvest at your summer cottage for a long time. Raspberry will bear fruit every year, surprising you with its large sweet fragrant berries. Replace your favorite raspberry varieties to another garden bed, you will need no earlier than 10 years from now.