Hypericum tincture is used in official and traditional medicine, as well as in cosmetology. The plant, on the basis of which it is prepared, grows on the territory of the entire Northern Hemisphere and is a shrub with yellow inflorescences. In the people it is considered a cure for many diseases and tinctures, infusions and decoctions are prepared on its basis. At home, you can insist on St. John's wort on alcohol, vodka or moonshine and use it for medicinal purposes.
What does tincture help with?
The drug can be purchased at the pharmacy. The instructions to the tincture of Hypericum indicated that it can be used in dentistry, inside or outwardly, to rinse the mouth. In fact, this tool has proven its effectiveness against many other diseases:
- A solution of tincture of Hypericum 1% allows you to get rid of wounds, burns, inflammatory diseases of the skin.
- Cosmetologists advise you to add a few drops of medication to oily skin care products. It also helps get rid of acne and rashes.
- Inside it can be taken in case of ulcerative and inflammatory diseases of the stomach and intestines.
- Regular intake of Hypericum tincture will strengthen the walls of blood vessels and support the immune system in fighting infection.
- The drug affects the human nervous system. It will help with insomnia and other sleep disorders, chronic fatigue, fear or anxiety. It is also prescribed for women with menstrual cramps.
The benefits and use of infusion St. John's wort and its alcoholic tincture are based on the properties of the plant. It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, anti-edematous, antiseptic and analgesic effect.
Hypericum based preparations are a natural anti-depressant. It can be purchased at a pharmacy without a prescription from a doctor, but you should consult a specialist before starting treatment.
Alcohol Hypericum tincture is a pharmacy remedy. It is sold in small bottles of 25 ml with a dropper pipette. Such capacity is convenient in use, but large volumes of medicine can be prepared independently.
Most often prepare a tin of St. John's wort on vodka. To do this, the flowers tightly spread in a glass jar and pour vodka to the top. The tool should be infused for at least 2 weeks at room temperature and good lighting, after which it must be drained and poured into a container of dark glass. A characteristic sign that the tincture is ready - it acquires an intense red color due to the natural dyes( carotenoids) that are found in the St. John's wort. The drug is stored in the refrigerator. Instead of vodka, you can use medical alcohol, but before preparing the tincture it is diluted with water in a ratio of 2: 3.
For the preparation of tinctures, infusions or decoctions suitable both fresh and dried inflorescences. The flowering period lasts from June to August and lasts 3-4 weeks a year.
Hypericum is a medicinal plant with a wide spectrum of action. Instructions for use of Hypericum tincture claims that it can be applied externally or orally for the treatment of various inflammatory processes. A woman should try adding hypericum products to cosmetics to improve the appearance and color of the skin. At home, prepare a tincture of Hypericum on moonshine, alcohol or vodka, as well as infusions or decoctions in water.