- №1. Linoleum
- №2. Ceramic tile
- No. 3. Wooden floors
- №4. Cork cover
- №5. Laminate
- №6. Porcelain tiles
- №7. Filling floor
- №8. Concrete
- №9. A natural stone
- №10. Mosaic
- In conclusion
When the task is to choose the finishing material for the floor in the kitchen, you need to take into account a lot of factors. Of course, each of us wants the decoration to be as attractive as possible and fit into the interior of the room, but since this room is a kitchen with all the following features, it is necessary to take into account some other factors. So, the material shouldexcellent transfer of high humidity and even spilled liquid on it, it should bewear-resistant, non-slippery, easy to clean and preferably durable. What materials from all modern building materials offered by the market are optimal for the kitchen?
Linoleum firmly settled in many domestic cuisines, which explainsmass of its positive qualities:
- an attractive price is the first thing that draws attention;
- a huge choice of colors, patterns and patterns. Modern linoleum can imitate any type of wood, as well as stone, parquet, tile, have any shade, so it is suitable for creating almost any interior;
- high abrasion resistance;
- the material is not afraid of hot steam, moisture;
- heat and sound insulation;
- When a heavy object falls on linoleum there will be no damage;
- simplicity in installation and maintenance.
With all this, one can not help but noteobvious shortcomings of the material.Thus, on the material are formed explicitdentsin those places where there is heavy furniture and equipment. But if you belong to the category of people who prefer to organize the interior if not for ages, then for a decade exactly, then you will not notice this lack, because the dents will only appear when replacing coating.
In addition, not all linoleum can boast of the appropriate quality. Many materials are far from being environmentally friendly and can adversely affect health, especially allergy sufferers and asthmatics. Choose a better linoleum from proven manufacturers, and not from the nameless in the market. A strong chemical odor from the material is a bad sign.
№2. Ceramic tile
Ceramic tiles - another material that is widely used in the arrangement of kitchen facilities. TOadvantages of this material are:
- tileresistant to chemicals, moisture, sunlight and surface abrasion;
- evenwhen flooding neighbors tiles will not be damaged in any way- it is completely inert to the effects of moisture;
- huge assortment, which includes a tile of different colors and sizes, with different patterns and patterns. Today, also on sale you can see a tile, which is very natural imitate wood, natural stone and even skin. In addition, you can combine the tile, lay it diagonally, creating original effects. The space for imagination is huge, and the room can be decorated in any interior style;
- ease of care;
- environmental friendliness.
Ceramic tiles are very close to the title of the ideal floor covering for the kitchen, but still hassome disadvantages. So, thiscold surface, on which barefoot walking is not entirely pleasant. To make the room as comfortable as possible, you can arrange a system of warm floors.Glossy tiles when wet will be very slippery- for the kitchen it is better to choose a matte relief surface, in order to reduce the risk of falls. Tiles can not be called the most durable coating.When falling from the height of a heavy objectthere is a high probability thata crack is formed.
No. 3. Wooden floors
Under the wooden floor usually associated with parquet, but today also used wooden tiles and even boards. Among the advantages of such coverage, one can note itsnoble appearance, environmental friendliness and a sense of home comfort. The tree fits perfectly into the classic interiors, as well as in the country style and the Provence. On this pluses of such finishing for the kitchen end.
The tree is considered to be an unsuitable option for the kitchen, and if there is a strong desire to still use it,combined finish: in the dining area there is a tree, and in the working - something more solid and durable. The tree is afraid of moisture, requires constant care and covering it with protective compounds. Besides,the material is afraid of stains: spilled wine or juice can leave a trace on the coating. The tree does not tolerate temperature changes, although the coating with protective materials slightly improves its performance.
But what to do if you have a wooden covering you want, even in the work area, because it is very warm. Can be usedthermo-tree- material that undergoes treatment at high temperatures in the absence of air, due to which it receives new properties.The thermal tree is not afraid of moisture and direct water ingress, it does not swell, is not afraid of temperature changes. But with all this, there is another shortcoming of material - a high price.
№4. Cork cover
An original floor covering with which the kitchen will become unique, warm and cozy. The material is made from bark of a cork tree, so it is 100%natural, eco-friendly and safe.Today, cork is not widely popular, as many people can not believe that such slightly soft floors are strong, cope with high humidity and other effects of kitchen premises. Nevertheless, this is so.Here are its main advantages:
- maximum comfort for the feet, as this is a warm and slightly springy coating;
- high soundproofness;
- non-slip and non-dust-prone surface;
- the material is resistant to moisture and stains;
- ease of maintenance;
- a decent range of colors and textures, which allows you to decorate the cork floor any interior.
This coverage can not be called a budget, and it will have to be covered with varnish.If you properly lay the material and protect it appropriately, the cork floor can successfully survive even spilled liquid on it, not to mention the effect of high humidity.
Laminate can be a good alternative to the wooden floor, but at the same time for a number of characteristics and at a price it is much better than natural wood, although it loses in terms of environmental friendliness.The main advantages of laminate are:
- huge assortment: the laminate can imitate absolutely any type of wood with any color and pattern. Moreover, modern manufacturers offer laminate, which very accurately conveys the texture of the stone, wood, fabric and leather, so choose from what, and in the kitchen you can create any desired interior;
- The possibility of making warm floors, although the surface of the laminate itself is warm enough;
- ease of care;
- Abilitywithstand moisture;
- quite goodwear resistance;
- affordable price.
Today, laminate is increasingly used in the kitchen, which only confirms its suitability for this room, but still in its operation you need to be extremely cautious. The first thing to consider is what is appropriate for the kitchenonly moisture resistant laminate. In addition, it is necessary to provide reliable waterproofing.When water hits the surfaceyou should try to wipe it off as soon as possible, otherwise the surface may deteriorate.
№6. Porcelain tiles
Porcelain in many of its properties is similar to ceramic tiles, but it is manufactured using a different technology, so it lacks some of its disadvantages. The material comes out very similar to natural stone, and in terms of its performance, it largely exceeds both stone and tile.
Ceramic granite enjoys an ever-increasing demand for domestic cuisines in view ofnumerous advantages:
- strength, which is estimated 8-9 points on a 10-point scale;
- durability, which is measured in decades;
- environmental friendliness and safety;
- ease of care;
- absoluteresistance to water and fire, sunlight;
- a large assortment: the material can imitate stone, wood, fabric and even metal.
This is almost the ideal material for finishing the floor in the kitchen, but it also has some drawbacks. Thus, porcelain tiles are differenthigh cost, and it is necessary to pay decently both for the material itself, and for its installation. The material hascold surface, so it is better to use a system of warm floors. For the kitchen is not suitable polished porcelain, as it slides strongly when wet, butmatte versionfit in the best possible way.
№7. Filling floor
The floor is an excellent cover for the kitchen, but because of its high cost it has not yet become widespread. In the rest it consists of someadvantages:
- easy operation;
- excellentmoisture resistance;
- wear resistance;
- seamless coatings, which adds to his aesthetics;
- the main advantage of such sexes -chic appearance, because under the layer of polyurethane there can be absolutely any image. Such a floor can become not just an ornament of the interior of the kitchen - it dictates the style of the interior.
This coatingvery durable, but when you want to change it, the dismantling will be quite difficult.
We are used to the fact that concrete is used as a cover for outdoor areas, but for the kitchen it can also be adapted. Concrete floorwill not react to the effects of moisture, temperature drops, heavy objects, thisdurable coating, which can serve you for centuries.
Cold surfaceit is easy to fix the system of warm floors, and not quite a cozy appearance to transform withspecial coloring. Incredibly, it allows the concrete floor to accurately simulate the surface of a stone, wood or tile. Although, for kitchen in loft style, for example, concrete can not be additionally trimmed.
№9. A natural stone
A natural stone on the floor is a sign of luxury and chic. Such kitchens look very muchspectacularly, but such a finish will cost you quite expensive. The natural stone is verydurable, it is difficult to damage, but according todurabilityhe confidently surpasses almost all alternative types of finishing.
But the natural stone has significant drawbacks. itcold coating,which poorly preserves heat, so connoisseurs of maximum comfort can not do without installing a system of warm floors.Care for a natural stone is complicated, but the installation process is also not easy. Besides,the stone has a decent weight, so you may need to strengthen the overlap.
Another exclusive expensive material that will make the interior unique and luxurious. The mosaic can be ceramic, made of glass smalt or from natural stone. It is so unique that you can use it tocover even curvilinear surfaces, while doing thisany fanciful patterns. You can, of course, take advantage of the ready-made pattern, which is fixed by the manufacturer at the factory to the grid, and you can show your imagination and put out an absolutely exclusive drawing.
In terms of performance, the mosaic actually repeats all the properties of ceramic tiles.The disadvantage is the high price, but you can combine mosaic with tiles, creating interesting solutions.
To finish the kitchen floor is suitable for a lot of different materials, so it will be what to make a choice if you want to create an interior of a certain style. Do not forget that different materials can be combined with each other: you can not only zonate the room, but also create an exclusive interior.