The content of the article:
Watermelon with a thick peel is usually used to make jam from watermelon rinds. The taste of the finished sweet is not at all like a watermelon. These will be sweet crunchy slices soaked in spices and citrus fruit flavors.
White watermelon shell is quite useful. Trace elements in its composition are struggling with obesity and edema. Also in case of dysbacteriosis, colitis, cholelithiasis, it is recommended to introduce a watermelon peel into the diet. Frequent use of this product will help restore the exchange of fluid in the body and clean it.
Read also about the delicious pine cones jam!
Tips for making jam
Eating watermelon, do not rush to throw away the crust. They can be preserved for the winter entirely and cook jam slices. Those who are interested in how to make jam from watermelon rinds are provided with a few tips for creating this unusual dish. By itself, the white skin does not have an outstanding taste. It is more neutral or with notes of immature fetus. But when cooked in sugar syrup, it gets a pleasant sweet taste. For those who want to fill the jam with other flavoring qualities, it is complemented with citrus fruits and spices. From spices usually take cinnamon, cardamom, vanillin. To taste, you can take any spices that are to their liking, they will not spoil the sweetness.
Watermelon peel jam can be cooked in an ordinary enamel saucepan. Owners of multi-cooker units will not be difficult to prepare such an exclusive sweetness. Jam in any case goes delicious. Store ready dessert you need in the refrigerator in a can, closed with a nylon cover. Such jam calmly overcomes long-term storage under a tin lid. Just pour it on the banks need hot, without waiting for cooling.
In order to get the crisp properties of ready-made crusts, they must be kept for a while in soda solution. Thus, they retain their shape during storage and pleasantly crunch during meals.
When individual allergic reactions to watermelon, it is better not to make dishes from its crusts.
Watermelon Jam Jam with No Additives
If you are too lazy to suffer from cooking sweets for a long time, then the simplest recipe for watermelon jelly jam is ready for your attention. It takes two main ingredients - peel and sugar( 1: 1).To maintain the shape of the cut particles will need soda - 1 tsp, diluted with 1 liter of water.
- Cut off the green part from the crusts. Grind nicely to pieces.
- Soak in soda solution for 10 minutes. Rinse twice.
- Boil in sugar syrup in 3 sets of 7 minutes each.
- Jam is ready!
Watermelon peel jam in a multi-cooker
If you want to make a watermelon peel jam in a multi-cooker, you should prepare a pound of watermelon peel and the same amount of sugar. To preserve the shape of the pieces, pour 7 grams of soda.
- Peel the thin green peel from the watermelon peel. Finely chop the resulting white flesh.
- Immerse cutting in soda solution for 30 minutes. Remove and rinse.
- Fill the multivariate bowl with the crusts, add sugar there too.
- Set the mode "Quenching" and prepare an hour, while you should stir manually a couple of times. Feel free to open the lid and stir.
- Ready to pour the jam on the banks and spin. Keep refrigerated.
To get citrus flavor, you can add lemon or orange juice.
Watermelon Jam Jam with Orange
Watermelon Jam Jam with Orange has a honey flavor and citrus aroma. This recipe does not provide for the stage of saturation of crusts with soda solution; they are already so crispy with the initial cube cut. For the dish you will need 1.2 kg of crusts and the same amount of sugar. An additional ingredient is one orange. Those who wish can add one lemon to the composition. To make jam from watermelon rinds at home, you will need a regular pan, a grater for vegetables and sterilized jars.
- Cut off the striped green skin from watermelon peels. Cut the raw material into pieces.
- Pour water over the pieces and boil for 10 minutes.
- Using a grater, remove the orange peel.
- Squeeze orange juice.
- Prepare a syrup: boil sugar in water( 3 cups) with zest and juice.
- Place the crusts in the syrup and cook for 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Repeat this procedure three times.
- To clog watermelon peel jam for the winter, it must be poured immediately after cooking, hot. To do this, sterilize the jars in which to place the boiled jam. Screw the tin lid on. Wrap until cool. It is not necessary to turn over.
Before treatment, each part of the rind should be pricked with a fork.
Watermelon Crusts with Lemon Jam
The creation of watermelon rinds with lemon will take about two days to create. Prepare 2 cans with a volume of 0.5 liters, which will include 1 kg of watermelon peels. Pleasant acid will bring 1 lemon, and refined spice - 1 teaspoon of cardamom and 5 grams of vanilla.
- The hard green shell at the peel is removed and the white skin is cut into cubes. Special dreamers can use a knife for curly cuts.
- Pour 6 cups cold water and 2 teaspoons of soda into a basin or large saucepan. Place in this mixture cutting for 6 hours. With the help of soda, crusts acquire crunchiness. If this property is not interesting to you, then this procedure is not necessary to carry out.
- Drain the soda solution, rinse the rinds and refill with plain clean water. Leave for half an hour. Repeat the procedure again.
- Boil a syrup consisting of 600 grams of sugar and 500 grams of water. Place the crusts and boil for 20 minutes. Turn off the fire and let it stand for 10 hours.
- After the specified time has elapsed, add another 600 grams of sugar and boil again 20 minutes. Let it stand again for 10 hours.
- Prepare a lemon: peel cut into small pieces, get the juice from the pulp.
- Mix lemon peel, cardamom, lemon juice and vanilla into the jam. Boil for 25 minutes. The mass should not be too thick. After cooling to decompose on banks. Enjoy your meal!
When removing the watermelon peel from the berries, it is better to hook on a thin red layer of pulp. He will bring watermelon flavor and taste in the jam.
Rolling jam for the winter
For long-term storage, it is better to pick up small-sized jars with a screw cap. They must be sterilized for about 7-10 minutes, and the same is done with lids. After cooking with a ladle, they pick up hot jam and distribute it in cans. Fill to the top. Wipe the rest of the sweetness off the neck so that the lid fits snugly. Screw the cap tight. This can be not only screw caps, but also ordinary tin covers that fit tightly to the neck, thanks to the rolling machine, are excellent. Turn over ready provisions and wrap up with warm linen. The next day it should cool down and only then can it be moved to the pantry.
Watermelon Jam Jam can be safely attributed to extraordinary culinary dishes. To make the most delicious sweetness from a seemingly unnecessary product is an achievement. Delicious jam you and enjoy your meal!