love everyone without exception, especially if you cook sweet jam from them. Raspberry, cherry or apple delicacy can be found in every home, and this selection of photo recipes will help you to cook exotic jam from oranges.
Orange jam is not only tasty and unusual, it is also very useful in the winter period, because it contains the well-known vitamin C and many more beneficial substances. And if you add other fruits to it, you get a real vitamin cocktail.
In order to keep the jam from burning during the cooking process, an enameled pan or stainless steel cauldron is used.
Only sweet ripe oranges are selected for jam, from which stones are necessarily removed( they contain bitterness).If the prescription involves the use of oranges with skin, they are pre-blanched for a few minutes. This will help get rid of the bitter taste of the skin. And dried orange peels are first filled with water for half an hour to soften.
To give the delicacy a more fragrant aroma, a couple of teaspoons of its crushed peel is added to the peeled oranges pulp.
A simple recipe for a fragrant dessert of oranges
The most delicious jam from oranges is a snap. Two liter jars of the finished product should be taken:
- 4-5 large oranges;
- sugar - 5 glasses;
- water - 400 ml.
Cinnamon or clove is also added if desired.
- Cut off the rind and remove the bones from the washed fruits. Pulp cut into cubes.
- Dry orange halves and chop them in a blender. You can just cut the drain.
- Fold the pulp and zest into a saucepan, add sugar and water, bring to a boil and allow to cool.
- Boil the cooled jam again.
This kind of jam is perfect as a filling for thin pancakes. And you can also decompose it hot on sterilized cans and roll up.
The tart orange dessert
Orange jam with peel is especially tasty, because it has a slightly tart touch. Due to the lack of water, such a dessert is quite thick and is ideal as a filling for pies. For jam, you need oranges and sugar in a 1: 1 ratio.
Read also: The perfect dish for real gourmets - chicken and mushroom salad
Wash the oranges thoroughly and boil for 15 minutes until the zest is soft.
Fruits cool and cut into arbitrary slices of medium size.
Put them in a saucepan, cover with sugar and leave for 30 minutes to let the juice.
Cook for 1.5-2 hours until the jam thickens. The finished jam is laid out in plastic containers with lids and stored in the refrigerator, or rolled into jars and lowered into the cellar.
If the oranges are too sweet, you can add lemon juice.
Orange "snack" with brandy for adults
Tasty orange jam for the winter is obtained if you add a little brandy and spices to it. Such preserves can be consumed not only by adults, but also by children, since alcohol evaporates during the cooking process.
- oranges and sugar - 1 kg each;
- water - 3 l;
- for 1 tsp.ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon;
- 2 cloves;
- cardamom - 4 seeds;
- brandy - 50 ml.
If there is no brandy, you can take rum or brandy.
- Wash fruit and finely chop the zest( it is convenient to do this with a vegetable cutter).Cut it into strips or pieces.
- Squeeze the juice out of the orange pulp and select the bones.
- Fold the squeezed flesh and bones into a gauze bag and put it in a saucepan. Pour water and juice from oranges, pour the zest. Leave the pan in a dark and warm place for a day.
- Cook the billet until the liquid has evaporated by half. Then pull out the gauze bag and add sugar. After 10 minutes, add all the spicy spices.
- Cook, stirring, for another 30 minutes, then pour the brandy. Remove cardamom and clove seeds.
- Bring orange jam to readiness and roll up.
Check the readiness as follows: put a little jam on the saucer and tilt it. If the drop does not flow down - then the jam is ready.
Orange "Shesterochka" with coffee aroma
Not every housewife knows how to cook orange jam with coffee aroma. There is nothing difficult in this, except that it is necessary to cook it within two hours to bring it to the desired consistency. Coffee beans and clove buds will give a unique fruit flavor!
Read also: Appetizing tomatoes in apple juice - an unusual dish
- 6 large oranges:
- 6 glasses of water;
- 6 glasses of sugar;
- 6 coffee beans;
- 6 studs.
Oranges jam recipe with a photo:
- Pour the oranges with hot water and leave for half an hour.
- Peel the citrus fruits, divide them into slices. Remove the film and select the bones.
- Finely chop the zest.
- Add everything to the pan, add water and cook for an hour.
- When in an hour the billet is boiled a little, pour in the sugar and cook for another hour. During cooking, periodically remove the foam and stir.
- Before removing the pan from the stove( approximately 15 minutes), put the coffee beans and cloves.
Prepared jam is stored in the refrigerator for 1 month.
Orange zest in sugar syrup
If a lot of “orange waste” has accumulated at home after the New Year holidays, you shouldn’t throw them away. After all, you can make delicious orange peel jam. To do this, soak 1 kg of peel( fresh) for a day in cold water, while the water during this time must be changed three times.
Cut the soaked skins into thin strips and flank for 5 minutes.
Cooked syrup from 1.5 kg of sugar and 2.5 glasses of water.
Put crusts in it and boil until soft over low heat. At the end add 30 g of chopped fresh orange peel( which was not soaked) and 3 g of lemon juice.
Beautiful curls of zest
Not only delicious, but also very beautiful jam are made from orange peels. Its peculiarity lies in the fact that the zest is beautifully folded in the form of a snail or curl. The only disadvantage of such a delicacy is that the process of preparing the crusts and cooking the jam will take several days. But the result will exceed all expectations! By the way, jam from orange crusts, curlicues looks great as a decoration on various desserts( cake, jelly).
- oranges( preferably with a thin skin) - 3 pcs.;
- sugar - 300 g;
- water - 400 ml.
- lemon juice( or citric acid) - 0.5 tsp.
From three oranges should make 200 g of peels. If you use a larger amount of orange, then you need to take water twice as much, and sugar - one and a half.
Photo-recipe for jam from oranges step by step:
- Fruit wash and cut off the peel in the form of strips. Inner white layer gently clean. The strips should be thin to bend easily.
- Roll each strip of peel with a roll and make beads out of them. To do this, the curls are strung on a thread with the help of a needle as tightly as possible so that the "beads" are not unwound.
- Place the billet in a bowl of cold water and let stand for 3 days. Every day the water needs to be changed three times. As a result, the crusts will become soft and lose bitterness.
- Soak the curls, boil them in 4 rounds of 20 minutes each time, dipping them into cold water after turning off the hotplate. The water in which they boiled, change every time.
- Put the pre-boiled crusts in a pan, add sugar and water and cook until the syrup resembles fresh honey in consistency( stretch slightly).At the end put citric acid.
- After the jam has cooled, pull the thread out of the curls and arrange them nicely in banks. Keep refrigerated.
Read also: How to make a delicious marmalade
correctly from watermelon peels Orange dessert from a slow cooker
To make jam from oranges in a slow cooker, you need:
- oranges with thin skin - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1 tbsp.;
- water - 1 tbsp.
Peel the fruit from the evening, divide it into slices and remove the film. Put slices of oranges into the bowl of the slow cooker, add sugar and leave for 12 hours to let the juice run.
The next day, choose the "Cooking for a couple" mode on the multicooker and place the bowl without covering with a lid. Bring the jam to a boil, stirring occasionally, and boil for 5 minutes. Allow the billet to cool completely and repeat this procedure two more times. Ready-made jam can be used for eating or rolled up for the winter.
In order to make a delicate orange jam, after the first cooking procedure, the mass should be ground in a blender.
Those who have never tasted orange dessert have lost a lot. Delightful aroma and bright sunny color of jam will not leave anyone indifferent. Let inspiration visit you, and these photo-recipes of jam from oranges will help to realize your plans! Enjoy your meal!