Content of the article:
compote for the winter Compote for the winter, make this compote for the winter
pleasant taste with sourness. It can be done in the summer to quench your thirst or cook for the winter.
A variety of home-made drinks can help brighten up the long winter. For the preparation of selected fruits of different varieties, but even when preparing ingredients worth observing certain rules.
Compote making rules
The stores offer a huge assortment of various fruit drinks and juices, but it is difficult to think of a product better than home compote.
Self-cooking guarantees confidence in the absence of dyes, preservatives and flavors.
In some recipes, a compote of apples and plums uses concentrated syrup, which should be diluted with drinking water before consumption.
Before proceeding with the recipes, you should familiarize yourself with the basic rules for making compote:
- for compotes should choose sweet and sour apples that have almost ripened but not overripe;
- in one jar should be apples of the same variety;
- fruits must be large and without damage;
- small apples are preserved whole;
- apples are removed from the skin and the core is removed, each fruit is divided into 8 parts;
- can not be removed from the fruit of certain varieties;
- before canning the fruit should be held a little in acidified or slightly salted water, somewhere around half an hour;
- so that apples do not lose volume and color should be blanched for 5-8 minutes;
- water after blanching should be used to prepare the syrup.
Compote apples can be used as a delicious filling for pies and cakes.
Features Compote from Plums and Apples
Compote from fresh apples and plums is obtained with a nourishing, saturated with a significant content of acids and microelements. In addition to health benefits, the drink copes well with thirst and has excellent taste.
The fragrant fruits are high in vitamin C, B, E, as well as carotene, calcium, manganese and organic acids.
Pectins contribute to the elimination of cholesterol. In addition, fruits work as an excellent antioxidant.
Apples are a source of hypoallergenic fibers that prevent constipation and eliminate harmful substances.
Plums have a positive effect on the digestive system, and also do not allow cholesterol to accumulate.
When cooking fruit compote, a significant amount of useful substances is preserved, as they are not subjected to prolonged heat treatment.
A simple recipe
When deciding how to cook a compote of apples and plums, you should start with simple recipes.
For cooking, you need:
- 3 liters of water;
- 1 cup sugar;
- 300 grams of plums;
- 400 grams of apples.
The amount of fruit can be taken to your taste. First you need to put a pot of water on a strong fire. While the water boils, the fruit is harvested. Apples are cut in half, the middle is pulled out and then cut into slices. From plums get bones, after they are cut in half.
When water boils, sugar is drained. After that, you need to wait until the sugar dissolves. Then the fire should be reduced to medium and fall asleep apples. After 10 minutes, plums are added. The solution is brought to a boil and cooked for about 4-6 minutes. In this case, you need to remove the foam. Cooked compote must be cooled. A couple of minutes before cooking you can add a little cinnamon or vanilla.
In many ways you can cook compote from apples and plums, a multi-cooker recipe is popular. To do this, put the fruit in a container, pour water and add sugar. Then the “extinguishing” mode will turn on for 2 hours.
Preparation of compote for the winter
To prepare the compote for the winter, you will need a three-liter jar, a lid for canning and a sealing machine.
The following ingredients will be needed for one bottle:
- 9-10 apples;
- 6-8 sink;
- 1,5 glasses of sugar;
- 3 liters of water.
The compote of apples with plums for the winter is prepared as follows:
- The water in the pan is placed on the stove.
- At this time, preparing fruit. The plum is washed with running water and the stalk is separated. No need to cut the bone, as it gives a special taste. Apples are also washed, and the stalk is removed.
- Sugar is added to boiling water and syrup is made.
- Banks should be rinsed well with soda and boiled lids.
- Cylinders are filled with fruit and filled with hot syrup.
- Then the jars are covered with lids and put on sterilization. Banks in half a liter - for 12-20 minutes, 1-liter - for 25 minutes, and 2 and 3-liter - for 35 minutes.
Compote from apples and plums for the winter involves sterilization. This is not a difficult process. In a wide pan, water is poured, a cloth is put on the bottom and cans are put. Then the tank is put on fire.
For sale there are special cans with self-tightening lids. It does not need a sealer. After adding the boiling syrup cover enough to twist.
Preparation without sterilization
To preserve vitamins to the maximum, you can close the compote of apples and plums without sterilization.
For cooking, you will need 3 liters of water, a glass of sugar, as well as 7-8 apples and plums. You can add citric acid on the tip of the knife.
Procurement is carried out in several stages:
- Banks are well rinsed with soda. Covers are sterilized in boiling water.
- Prepare the fruit - cut, as well as remove the bones and the core.
- Prepared fruits are put in jars.
- The right amount of water is boiled and cans are poured to the top.
- Cylinders are covered with lids and stand to cool completely.
- The water is then poured into a saucepan and brought back to a boil. After adding sugar to boil for a few minutes.
- At the end, citric acid is added. Syrup is poured into the banks to the top.
- Immediately tighten the cap.
Banks need to be turned over and wrapped with a blanket for a day.
You can drain water from fruit cans through a hole lid or gauze.
Using tips and recipes will cook the most delicious compotes of apples and plums for all occasions.