Content of the article:
Adults and children like tasty fragrant grapes. Make vitamin stocks for the cold season, when the grape season has ended, help recipes compote grapes for the winter. After all, not everyone likes to drink grape juice because of its cloying taste. Yes, and wine is like( or possible), too, not all. The way out is to make compote from grapes. It also vitamins the body, and its taste is milder.
For the preparation of compotes for the winter, berries of any variety, both blue and white, are suitable, and even grapes can be rolled up. There are many recipes for compote from grapes for the winter from grapes berries alone, as well as with the addition of other fruits and spices to the compote, which will give it a unique flavor. Grape compote is not only tasty, but also has a positive effect on the body. Grapes contain iron, magnesium, potassium.
Grape compote is advised to use in the presence of problems with the gastrointestinal tract and cardiovascular system.
Compote from grapes for the winter
Compote from grapes at home using this recipe can be from any variety, and to taste it will resemble grape juice. Ingredients are indicated on one 3-liter jar.
- grapes - to cover half the container;
- water - 2.5 l;
- sugar - 1 tbsp.;
- citric acid.
- Rinse the grapes, tear off the grapes, as well as spoiled and overripe grapes. Let the excess water flow. Put in a jar to half of its volume.
- Boil sugar syrup.
- Pour a jar of grapes with hot syrup and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
- After the specified time, pour the syrup into the pan and boil for 2 minutes, at the end add citric acid.
- Fill the jar with syrup, close with a key, put it upside down, cover with a blanket and allow to cool.
Compote from grapes without sterilization
For compote from grapes without sterilization, you can use both blue and white grapes. To make the compote rich, you need a little more sugar and the grapes themselves. You can add to the compote during the seaming of spices( clove, mint or cinnamon).
Compote, rolled up for the winter without sterilization, is stored no more than one year.
- grapes - 2 kg;
- sugar - 0.5 kg;
- water - 4 liters.
- Wash the grapes, and even better - leave in water for 15 minutes. Rip off the berries and rinse again.
- Banks pre-sterilize.
- Fill jars with berries by about a third. Top fill them with sugar.
- Pour the grapes in banks with boiling water and immediately roll, turn and wrap.
- Banks with compote left for a day for self-sterilization.
Compote of grapes by the method of double pouring
Quickly roll up the compote for the winter without sterilization, you can, using double pouring - a method used in canning tomatoes. This recipe for compote grapes for the winter is also different in that you do not need to prepare a syrup from sugar. He poured into the jar, and not immediately, but after the first pouring boiling water.
Ingredients( for a 3-liter bottle):
- grapes - 700-800 g;
- sugar - 1 tbsp.;
- water - 2 liters.
- Put the water to boil, while the grapes are prepared.
- Wash grapes well, pick grapes and put in a jar for a third of the height. If desired, or if too sweet varieties are used for compote, you can put a couple of lemon slices.
- Pour a jar of berries with boiling water, cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain and put on the fire to boil again.
- Pour sugar into the jar on top of the grapes.
- Put the jar in the bowl and pour boiling water a second time, with a little water over the edge( this will require a bowl).
- Roll up and leave to cool for a day under a blanket.
Grape compote with sugar
Without sterilization, you can also roll up compote from small blue grapes of small varieties using whole grapes. The seaming process is a little different from the previous recipe - sugar is not poured into a jar, but syrup is prepared from it. However, you should not put too much sugar, otherwise the taste of the compote will be too cloying, and not everyone likes it.
Grape bunches will slightly change the taste of compote and give it a slight tartness.
- water - 2 l;
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- grapes - from the calculation to fill the banks for a third.
- Rinse the bunches of grapes, pick green and damaged berries. Put in banks on the third of their height.
- Make the syrup and pour it hot in a container with grapes.
- Banks roll up, turn, wrap and leave for a day.
Compote from grapes without sugar
To prepare compote from grapes for the winter, this recipe will take a little extra time, because compote without sugar needs additional sterilization. But it contains even more useful vitamins and is suitable for use by persons suffering from chronic diseases for which sugar cannot be consumed.
- grapes in clusters - in quantity to fill the jar to the brim;
- water for pouring - in the quantity required for the remaining volume of the can.
- Bunch of grapes carefully to sort, remove the garbage. In sterilized jars gently put grapes on the hangers.
- Little by little, so as not to crack the container, pour boiling water over the jar.
- Sterilize the jar with compote for 10 minutes in a saucepan with water or roast in the oven.
- Roll up, leave to cool.
Compote from grapes Kishmish
Light and pleasant to taste compote is obtained from white grapes, for example, from the variety Kishmish. You can use both small and large raisins - there is no fundamental difference, because the main thing is taste.
- white grapes - 1 kg;
- sugar - 300 g;
- water - 0.7 liters.
- Boil the syrup: boil for 4 minutes and leave to cool.
- Wash grapes. It is better to break off the berries, but if you wish, you can put them together with clusters.
- Bank pour boiling water. Pour the berries to the top of the jar and pour warm syrup.
- Banks with compote to put on sterilization. To do this, in a high saucepan on the bottom put a few layers of gauze, pour water and warm it. When the water warms up, put the jars with compote into the pan so that the water covers more than half of the jars. Let the water in the pot boil, screw the fire and sterilize the compote for 20 minutes.
- Roll up compote, turn over banks, wrap and allow to cool.
Grape compote “Isabella” with spices
Close useful compote from the Isabella grapes for the winter under the force of even the beginning hostess. Its good to use in the colder winter time for the prevention of infectious diseases.
Ingredients( for 1 three-liter bottle)
- Isabella grapes - 1 large bunch;
- sugar - 0.5 st.;
- water - about 2 liters( depending on the size of the bunch) to fill the jar to the brim;
- mint and lemon balm - 1 branch;
- lemon or lime - 1 slice.
- Rinse the bunch well, cut the upper stalk too long and choose damaged and dry berries. Let the water flow and then put into a pre-sterilized jar. Add mint, lemon balm and lemon.
- Boil sugar syrup and pour grapes at once.
- Roll up compote, turn over, cover with a blanket and leave to cool.
Compote of green grapes with honey
A very unusual taste has a compote of green grapes for the winter with the addition of honey instead of sugar. Green varieties of grapes are not often used for preservation, because it gives compote a very weak color.
To give compote a beautiful color, you can add red apples.
If the color is not as important as taste, you should try this recipe. So, how to make a compote of grapes with honey?
- green grape varieties - 3.5 kg;
- honey - 1 kg;
- water - 3 l;
- grape vinegar - 50 ml;
- ground cinnamon - 1 tsp;
- Carnation - 5 Stuff;
- lemon - 1 pc.
- Wash grapes, let them dry. Put in banks on one third of their height.
- Prepare a syrup( honey, water, cloves, cinnamon, lemon juice and vinegar).
- Pour over cans of grapes with hot honey syrup and leave for 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup back into the pan, boil it for 2 minutes and pour it back into the jars.
- Compote roll up, banks wrapped and left to cool.
A homemade grape compote made with your own hands will appeal to everyone without exception and will make it possible to please loved ones on a festive, and not only, cold winter evening. Even if you do not have your own vineyard, in order to harvest a strategic reserve for the winter, you will need to purchase not too many berries. But this drink is much tastier and healthier store juices! Bon Appetit everyone!