- Material of manufacture
- Determine with the size
- Washbasin Types
- Washbasin shape
- In conclusion
The washbasin is one of the most sought-after items in the house. It is needed in order to wash, brush your teeth, wash your hands, and this procedure during the day, each of the members of the family does repeatedly. If you also hang a mirror over it and attach several shelves for cosmetic and hygiene products, you will get a great place to take care of yourself, or even a branch of a beauty salon. It is not necessary, probably, to prove that the washbasin should be strong and durable, it is easy to endure constant use, do not crack, not to scratch, but also not to make a lot of noise under the action of water, and at the same time it looks nice, because it depends on the perception of the bathroom room. So what kind of washbasin is best for each particular case?
To begin with, it would not hurt to understand,than washbasins differ from sinks, and those, in turn, from the shells. Strangely enough, there are several different versions in this issue, but the truth is claimed by one: shells are called a number of plumbing devices, which in its form resemble a shell from seas. Among them there are sinks - those sinks that are present in the kitchen and are intended for washing dishes, and washbasins - devices located in the bathroom and serving for carrying out numerous hygienic procedures.
Material of manufacture
Modern washbasins are most often made of porcelain or its cheaper version - faience, but there are other models on the market. Each of the materials deserves special attention.
- Porcelain- expensive durable material, easy enough to care for. It is difficult to scratch or damage, which means that such a shell can be used for many years, and at the same time remain in its original state. But this material has one significant drawback - fragility. If something falls on the sink, then the probability that it will split or break into small pieces is very high.
- Faience- an analogue of porcelain, only cheaper, so these wash basins are in high demand. They are pleasant to look at, and with the fall of water do not create much noise. With careful operation, this product will last long enough.
- SteelThe washbasins will withstand the load of falling of any object and do not crack. They are durable, inexpensive and maximally durable, but, at the same time, they are not very aesthetic, do not fit well into the interior of a modern bathroom, require enamel coating. Do not forget that they under the influence of the water flow make noise, which is not typical for all other types of washbasins. On the steel surface, by the way, scratches easily, so it is better not to use abrasives to clean it. Such a shell is the best option for public places.
- Glassis used to make washbasins not so rare. Such models look very beautiful, exquisite, make the bathroom original and even expand the space due to its transparency. By the way, the glass can be both transparent and matte, have some color, decor, etc. The drawbacks of this option are high cost, fragility construction, as well as the complexity of care, since it will not be easy to contain such a washstand in an ideal form: all prints and dust particles instantly become visible.
- Woodwashbasins - a real chic, luxury, not available to everyone. They will become a wonderful decoration of the spacious bathrooms in the classical style. The tree in this case undergoes serious treatment: special impregnations, protective moisture-proof layers. As a result, we get a reliable, eco-friendly shell with a unique appearance, but the price makes us look to more affordable options.
- Shellsof stonealso look very beautiful, harmonious, because they resemble a natural combination of stones and water. The washbasin made of natural stone is an expensive treat, which also requires careful care. Artificial stone in appearance is no different from a natural analog, but it is more affordable and easy to operate.
Determine with the size
The size washbasin should fit well in the bathroom, be functional, but do not take up too much space. To meet the requirements of each of us, manufacturers offer completely different in form and size wash basins. So,a washbasin 50-60 cm long and 40 cm wide: from the point of view of ergonomics and functionality, this is the golden mean. But the modern market offers more options, and more compact mini-washbasins, designed for the smallest bathrooms. Before choosing and buying it is important to carefully measure the parameters of the room, calculate and estimate everything, up to a centimeter, so that the use of the washbasin does not cause trouble.
The height of the installation also plays an important role.For an adultthe most convenientwashbasin height80-90 cm, and in this case preference is given to a deep bowl, since it is much more convenient. With a lack of space, corner models can be used: they are more compact, and in functionality they are no different from ordinary shells.
The washbasin can be installed in the bathroom in completely different ways, and the same washbasin can be used in several different ways. The main types for today are:
- cantilever washbasinsfastened to the wall, and do not rest on the floor. Under the sink there is a lot of free space that can be used for storage baskets with linens, detergents or just leave free to visually increase the space bathroom. This is a nice option, in which all communications are hidden, but it will require the presence of powerful walls that can withstand the load of the washbasin;
- sink-tulipsUse a special pedestal or semi-pedestal for installation. It just hides all communications: simple and simultaneously spectacular. But too narrow a pedestal to choose is not necessary, as it is possible to complicate access to communications if repair is necessary. In this case, the washbasin rests on a stand, this option is easy to install, but moisture can accumulate below the pedestal, and you can not organize storage here;
- built-in (mortise)in a locker or a curbstone washstand - the most aesthetic and practical option. A small bedside table under the sink will hide all communications and provide enough space for storing household chemicals or detergents. If the sink is met in the countertop, under which a lot of boxes, shelves and lockers are equipped, the ideal option - a functional interior detail, where you can wash, and to all kinds of bath accessories here near. Such furniture is often made of moisture-resistant MDF, less often - from chipboard, as this material does not resist much moisture, even less often - from wood with special impregnations: although it can withstand the conditions of the bathroom, but it costs expensive;
- If in the previous case the washbasin cuts into the countertop, that isoverhead washbasins, which also deserved wide popularity. In this case, the design is more interesting, you can dream up with the shape of the shell, mount it easier, and all other advantages remain the same: you can use the area of the tabletop and the place under the sink;
- separately worth noting washbasins that are installedon the washing machine: they allow you to save space, have dimensions, as well as the upper panel of the horizontal washing machines, a little depth, but at the same time they cope with their functions and are simply irreplaceable in small bathrooms. But, at the same time, they are difficult to install, draining the water is difficult because of the non-standard location of the drain hole, and a non-standard siphon will clog up more often than usual.
That's where there is room for imagination of designers, as this is a form of washbasins. They can be standard oval or square, and can take absolutely any kind: be in the shape of shells, vases, amphorae, take a completely incomprehensible and inexplicable form. Suchnon-standard formsalthough not less functional than conventional shells, are used to a greater extent to create an exclusive design.
Conventional Shellsoften aresquare, rectangular or semicircular shape, if hung on the wall or mounted on a pedestal. If the sink is built into the countertop or cabinet, it often happensround or oval. There is alsoangularOptions designed for installation in a corner to save space.
When choosing a washbasin, also pay attention to trifles, for example, the presence of a hole for overflow, which will save you from possible flooding. Also important is the name of the manufacturer: products from little-known Asian companies are rarely surprised by quality, so it is better to buy a wash basin from trusted manufacturers, and they are presented in different price categories: from expensive Ravak, Am. Pm, Cersanit, Aquaform to more budgeted Kerasan, Marmite, Duravit, Roca, Hatria.