Content of the article:
Compote from apples is a favorite delicacy of many since childhood, a pleasant light taste of this drink has manydetractors. Why not add a new touch to the usual bouquet? Compote of apples and oranges for the winter will be an excellent alternative to the classic recipe. The drink is fragrant, tasty and very healthy. If apple compote seems to you to be “fresh”, you want a more interesting and rich taste, then by adding an orange to the drink, you will discover new culinary horizons.
General principles of cooking compotes from apples with citrus
Before you start cooking compote, you need to pay attention to several subtleties of cooking a drink from apples and oranges. Recommendations will be useful especially for novice hostesses who only comprehend the subtleties of cooking.
Fruit, which we are talking about in this article, have sufficient acid content, therefore, when preparing compote, sterilization is not performed in most cases.
Apples must be firm so that the fruit does not fall apart during the infusion process. The common "Antonovka" will not work, it quickly "limp" in the compote.
If not only taste, but also the type of drink is important to you, choose not one, but two or three different-colored varieties of apples to make, for example, a combination of red and green apples and orange oranges.
In order to serve apart compote canned fruits, when preparing the drink, it is necessary to chop them nicely, remove the seeds, peel the oranges from the peel and the white layer under it.
Before drinking drink better filter.
Preparation for cooking compote
For cooking, you need a large saucepan - aluminum or enamelled, a knife, a board for cutting fruit, scales, and a measuring container for water. Apples can be cut without a cutting board, but oranges “on weight” are inconvenient to cut - so neat slices will not work. You will also need a special nylon cover with holes for draining compote and “twisting”.
Wash and dry the jars well, sterilize the lids.
Prepare the fruits in advance so they can dry out after washing. Choose not rotted, hard fruits. Do not cut the apples too thin - they will turn into a puree in compote, the pieces should be medium in size, remove the core with bones. Peel the oranges and the white layer under it, cut into half rings, or cut the circle into four pieces. Next, we consider several ways to make compote.
The classic compote of apples and oranges for the winter for children
This cooking option does not contain preservatives such as citric acid or vinegar, so this safe compote of apples and oranges is a recipe for children. Even the smallest can drink it, unless, of course, the child suffers from an allergy to citrus fruits.
So, for the preparation of three liter cans of compote you will need:
- 800 grams of oranges( approximately 4 pieces);
- 1500 grams of apples( 6 medium fruits);
- 400 grams of sugar;
- 1 liter of water.
- Prepare apples and oranges in the manner indicated above, spread out the pieces evenly in three jars. Separate the orange peel and leave for the syrup.
- Cook the syrup from water, sugar and sliced citrus peel.
- Pour boiling syrup over the cans, pre-remove the peel from the fill. Banks with lids and let stand for ten minutes.
- Then pour the syrup back into the pan, boil again and repeat the procedure.
- Spilling boiling syrup for the third time, roll up the cans with lids. And put in a warm place to cool on the cover, wrapped with a warm blanket.
- Compote of apples and oranges for the winter is ready. After complete cooling, transfer to permanent storage.
You can diversify the taste of compote with a small amount of ginger root.
Apple-orange compote recipe for the multicooker
The compote of apples and oranges in the slow cooker is cooked in literally half an hour. For this recipe, you need to take:
- 6 apples;
- 3 oranges;
- 2 liters of water;
- 2 glasses of sugar.
- Prepare the fruit in the manner described above.
- Pour water into the slow cooker, add sugar. Bring the syrup to a boil in frying mode.
- Put apples and oranges in a boiling sugar solution, bring the drink to a boil and boil for twenty minutes.
- Compote ready for use!
A ready drink can also be poured into cans and rolled up for future use.
If you want to use compote immediately after preparation, you do not need to remove the peel from oranges - the compote will be more fragrant. But for long-term storage, the peel must be removed, while insisting it gives the drink bitterness.
Compote of apples and oranges with honey
For a 3-liter can of compote you need:
- six apples;
- one big orange;
- 100 gr. Sahara;
- 100 gr.honey
Step-by-step instruction for making compote from apples and oranges for the winter:
- Prepare apples and oranges as described above. Fold in the jar.
- Pour boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water back into the pan, add sugar, honey, orange peel. Bring the syrup to a boil and boil for ten minutes.
- After removing the peel from the embedment, pour it over the cans and roll them up with sterilized lids.
- Put the jars on the lids, wrap and leave to cool.
A simple compote recipe from apples and oranges
This compote recipe is very simple. It will need( for a 3-liter jar):
- 10 small apples;
- half orange;
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- 3 liters of water.
Put apples into the jar and oranges sliced into pieces, pour in sugar. Fill with boiling water to the brim and give 5-7 minutes to stand. Drain the water back into the pot, bring to a boil, give a moment to simmer. Pour syrup into the jar and roll it. Compote of apples and oranges ready.
If, after consuming compote, you do not have fruits eaten, do not throw them away. From them the tasty stuffing for pies turns out.
You can prepare compote with other citrus fruits using the methods described. Apples can be combined with tangerines or lemons, in the latter case, you will need to add more sugar.
Compote from apples and oranges in recipes with photos, which are presented in the article, will appeal to you and your family. Drinks diversify the range of blanks for the winter, delight the bright aroma of citrus. And, maybe, they will become one of your family’s favorite compotes.