Long since hawthorn is famous for its beneficial properties. The ornamental shrub with large red fruits has been known since ancient Greece. The Greeks often used the plant in the treatment of various diseases. Also the tradition of the Greek people was to make a wreath of hawthorn branches when entering into a marriage. It was believed that such a rite would make the marriage happy. Nowadays, hawthorn has not lost its popularity and helps to cure many diseases of .Let's take a closer look at the beneficial properties and contraindications to the use of this fruit for the human body.
Table of contents
- Valuable and useful components of the fruit for the human body
- Positive and healing properties of hawthorn
- Can you take hawthorn during pregnancy?
- Treatment of dried flowers and fresh hawthorn berries for medicinal purposesimmunity enhancement
Valuable and beneficial fruit components for the human body
Hawthorn is enriched with useful elements and includes:
- organic acids;
- fatty oils;
- trace elements( zinc, potassium, iron, copper, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and others);
- vitamin C, P, riboflavin, carotene, choline;
- tanning agents;
- ursolic acid.
Valuable chemical elements are part of the fruits and all other parts of the shrub that are used for medicinal purposes.
The positive and healing properties of hawthorn
Hawthorn, regardless of its variety and type, black or red, has many medicinal qualities that are beneficial. What are these qualities? Let's list them:
- Effective effect on the heart activity .Trace elements and vitamins have a positive effect on the bloodstream, saturate the heart with oxygen, reduce the incidence of coronary heart disease.
- Reducing the nervous excitability of and normalizing heart rhythm.
- Reducing mental stress and physical overwork.
- Reducing Cholesterol .
- Reduction in sugar .
- Normalization exchange activities .
- Normalization of the thyroid .
- Treatment of dyspnea .
- Antimicrobial , vasodilator, anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor effect.
It is also used for:
- for coronary insufficiency;
- angina pectoris;
- weak heart;
- hormonal disruption in women;
- nervous exhaustion;
- epilepsy attacks;
- migraine attacks;
- diseases of the biliary tract and liver;
- diseases of the genitourinary system.
Harm and contraindications
Before using a large-haired cultured hawthorn, it is imperative to consult an doctor, especially if there are abnormalities in the cardiovascular system and kidneys. The plant is good for human health only if it is used reasonably.
- Receiving for a long time causes a deterioration of the heart rhythm of .
- Intake of fruits in a large volume causes poisoning in the mild form of .
- Treatment on an empty stomach causes spasms in the intestines and vessels, vomiting .You must take the drug with hawthorn a couple of hours after taking the food.
- After taking fresh hawthorn, it is not recommended to drink cold water immediately. intestinal colic and paroxysmal pain may occur.
- In the treatment of heart disease in hypotension for better effect hawthorn flowers should be used.
The fruits of the shrub and medicines based on them are contraindicated:
- for children under 12 years of age;
- with the intolerance of the components included in the plant;
- in the post stroke period;
- for kidney disease.
Hawthorn products should be accurately metered. You can not eat the fruit at the same time with heart drugs. An adult is recommended to take 150 grams of fruit .Immature berries cause intoxication.
Hawthorn based tincture is harmful with:
- reduced pressure;
- ulcer digestive system;
- liver disease.
The use of tinctures in some cases causes allergic swelling, itching and rash.
Can I use hawthorn during pregnancy?
Hawthorn components relax the smooth muscles of the uterus. It causes bleeding and miscarriage. They can cause a sharp drop in pressure and thus provoke a decrease in the production of milk .The use of drugs during feeding causes an allergic reaction, intoxication of the body, diarrhea and vomiting in a baby.
The use of dried flowers and fresh hawthorn berries for medicinal purposes
Hawthorn has a positive effect on the entire human body. Let's see what is the use of growing this plant.
Healing action for the heart system, instructions for use
The components of the garden hawthorn tone the heart .Due to this, the necessary amount of oxygen gets into the heart muscle, the number of heartbeats decreases, the rhythm is normalized, cardiac fatigue disappears and blood flow improves. Hawthorn helps fight atherosclerotic plaques and vascular spasms.
For insomnia, dizziness, shortness of breath, and to stabilize heart activity, you can apply hawthorn tincture. How to do it? For home cooking pour a tablespoon of flowers or fruit in 250 milliliters of boiling water and insist on a water bath for 15 minutes. Cool and filter the mixture. Drink 100 milliliters 3 times a day .
For Vascular Diseases
With cholesterol deposits, decreases elasticity, the lumen narrows or becomes uneven. As a result, the organs do not receive the required volume of oxygen and a blood outflow occurs.
For preventive measures and treatment of , it is recommended to take 3 teaspoons of hawthorn flowers, 3 teaspoons of oregano, 4 teaspoons of Hypericum and 4 teaspoons of Leonurus. Mix a tablespoon of therapeutic mixture with a glass of water and insist. Drink half a glass of the infusion one hour before meals.
In atherosclerosis, flowers of hawthorn are useful. For an infusion, brew 1 tablespoon of dried flowers and leave for 15 minutes. Filter the mixture. Take half a glass for 30 minutes before eating food.
To normalize the pressure of 3 tablespoons of hawthorn flowers, 2 tablespoons of the initial drop of medicinal oil pour 3 cups of water and boil. Insist about five hours. Drink half a glass 3 - 4 times before eating for an hour.
Benefits for the nervous system.
Hawthorn components relieve arousal, act with a sedative effect, but do not cause drowsiness. Plant trace elements normalize the work of the nervous system.
With a strong nervous shock, take 3 tablespoons of flowers to brew 3 cups of boiling water. Insist a couple of hours. Drink a glass of liquid 3 times a day. .
For the digestive and kidney systems,
Hawthorn fights digestive problems, flatulence, gastritis and diarrhea, activates choleretic action, normalizes liver and kidney function.
To eliminate heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon of hawthorn flowers and 1 teaspoon of peppermint. Collect pour a glass of boiling water and wait 30 minutes.
The infusion of hawthorn normalizes the exchange actions in the gallbladder .For the preparation of therapeutic liquid a tablespoon of the means to brew a glass of boiling water and wait an hour. Take an infusion of 60 milliliters an hour before eating.
For men with prostatitis, a recipe for making an infusion at home
Using a plant prevents the development of prostatitis and prostate adenoma in men. Drinking tea from it helps to restore sexual function. It is helpful for the male to drink the following infusion: 1 portion of hawthorn flowers, 1 portion of peppermint, 2 servings of Veronica officinalis, 3 servings of willow flower and 3 portions of mountaineer bird's mix thoroughly. Tablespoon of collection pour 250 ml of boiling water and wait half an hour. Use a medicinal infusion of 80 milliliters an hour before a meal.
To strengthen the immunity of
Hawthorn has a tonic effect. His is used for dizziness, fatigue, loss of strength , as well as to restore the body after suffering diseases and infections.
Hawthorn is among the best medicinal plants. It effectively affects the human body and has healing properties. It is important that consult with a physician before receiving the use of hawthorn remedies and get recommendations on the dosage and instructions for use of .They are used only according to indications and in an appropriate amount. Only in this case, the treatment will be useful.