Cucumber lovers probably know that it is not only tasty, but also very useful. Its main properties are the removal of toxins from the body and a huge fiber content. This article describes the characteristics of one of the types of cucumbers, namely the variety "artist".
- description and characterization of varieties
- Advantages and disadvantages of cucumbers Actor
- grade Origin
- requirements to the soil for planting
- seeding rules
- Care grade after landing
- Disease Control and Prevention
- Powdery mildew
- Olive spotting
- Spider mite
- Features care grade
Description and characteristics of the variety
- Early hybrid "artist" bred in the Netherlands;
- Suitable for growing in open ground and in greenhouses;
- The fruits have a cylindrical shape, reaching no more than 10 centimeters and 110 grams;
- The first crop, the maximum mass of which can reach 8.5 kg, is harvested after 1.5 months;
- Peel of a cucumber of medium tuberculosis, thin;
- The fruit tastes sweet enough, crisp, without bitterness and pleasant aroma.
The advantages and disadvantages of cucumbers Artist
The main advantages of the “artist” variety include the following properties:
- Good dew resistance;
- High yield;
- Nice appearance;
- Good taste;
- Suitable both for fresh use and canned;
- Resistant to cladosporia and PTO;
- Cultivation is possible, both in open ground and in greenhouses.
This hybrid is bred in Holland by Bejo Zaden. The first description in the State Register appeared in 2010.Perhaps it is the Dutch cucumber varieties are very popular. And of course there are reasons for this. The fruits do not have bitterness and are resistant to various diseases and viruses. Variety "artist" is no exception and has the same properties.
Soil Requirements for Planting
Vegetable prefers fertile, loose soil with weak acidity. Ideally, prepare it for the next year in the fall. To do this, it is necessary to dig it up, fertilize it and, if possible, treat it from weeds.
With the onset of spring, the soil is again dug up, and its upper layer is mixed with humus.
Tips and requirements:
- Seeds do not need to be steamed;
- Sowing of seedlings is made in April - May;
- It is possible to plant on the beds in early June, by which time the plant should have about 4 leaves;
- If the seeds are planted immediately into the ground, then it is advisable to do it in May according to the scheme of 35 * 65 centimeters;
- It is not recommended to plant vegetables in places where zucchini, pumpkins and cucumbers of other varieties were previously grown;
- This variety is particularly happy to accept various kinds of fertilizers and fertilizing;
- Get rid of all weeds before planting;
- It is best to plant this vegetable in well-lit places, and not in the shade;
- When growing seedlings you need to check it periodically, so as not to allow it to stretch too much;
Grade care after planting
It is recommended to mulch the bed surface to prevent excess evaporation. For this perfect hay, sawdust, and even dry humus. Conducting this kind of manipulation for some time, you can stop loosening the earth. To facilitate the care of cucumbers and their collection, the trellis method of cultivation( creation of a support) is suitable.
It is also worth noting that the timely harvest has a positive effect on its quantity. It is best to do this early in the morning.
Diseases and Prevention of
When growing cucumbers, the “artist” may encounter the following diseases:
It appears as a white spot on the deciduous part of the plant. May occur as a result of high humidity, frequent temperature changes and a large number of weeds. The problem may recur from year to year if the landing site is not changed.
To combat the powdery mildew it is recommended:
- If infected sheets are detected, they must be torn down and destroyed;
- If the timely removal of the painful part of the cucumbers did not help, it is advisable to treat them with powdered sulfur powder( 25 g per 10 m2) or mullein;
- To prevent the disease, next year it is necessary to thoroughly dig the soil and completely destroy the remains of the plant;
- Increase the frequency of feeding with potassium;
The fruits are covered with small watery spots, the peel cracks, and the ovaries of the cucumbers die. The disease spreads by air, so it can easily appear during rain or watering.
Fight and prevention:
- When growing greenhouse, monitor the humidity of the air;
- Processing plants Bordeaux mixture( 15% solution);
- Top dressing with potassium sulfate.
Dwells on the back of the leaflets. This insect is considered especially dangerous for cucumbers growing in the greenhouse. Mite damages the plant, it is woven over with a web, which inevitably leads to the death of the crop.
Fight and Prevention:
- Detailed study of irrigation rules;
- Timely cleaning and disinfection of the soil;
- Treatment with tincture of garlic or onion( 200 grams of husk per 10 liters of water);
- Planting dill next to cucumbers can be an effective way to control some insects, since its presence suggests the appearance of ladybirds.
. Features of
- variety care. The first subcortex with fertilizers is carried out after the appearance of several leaves of the plant;
- At temperatures above 30 ° C, greens are not formed, as there is no pollination;
- Cucumber "artist" loves warm water, but you need to be careful with it and not abuse it;
- Mineral and organic supplements are recommended to alternate.
For the cultivation of cucumbers "artist" does not require particularly complex skills, so this variety is not whimsical and perfectly adapts to anywhere. In addition, its yield is quite high, and the fruits have a pleasant taste.