The modern specificity of raising chickens may vary depending on the goals pursued. It can be business or home content for personal use. Despite this, any chicks may be susceptible to diseases that can damage your farm.
In this article, you will be able to get acquainted with with detailed instructions on the use of the anti-bacterial and anti-infective drug for birds - enrofloxacin.
Table of Contents: Contentsin the treatment of bacterial and mycoplasmal diseases of poultry and pigs. The tool can significantly inhibit the development and reproduction of coccoid bacteria.
The action of the drug is aimed at the maximum cure of chicks and is effectively used in the following diseases:
- Infectious rhinitis ;
- Necrotic enteritis ;
- Campylobacteriosis hepatitis ;
- Infections mixed and secondary type.
How to use for chicks: chickens, broilers and other
Enrofloxacin is used exclusively by the oral method , that is, inside through the oral cavity of chicks. This drug begins to act after a few hours from the moment the bird enters the digestive tract. The use of enrofloxacin is to dilute it in water in certain proportions. Next, the solution is poured into a drinking trough and put to the birds instead of the ordinary water for round-the-clock drinking. The treatment lasts five to six days.
drinker. The solution should be prepared every day based on an approximate calculation of the daily consumption of by the bird of water. Throughout the entire period of treatment, the bird must be given only water with the addition of a drug.
- for chickens - 5 ml per 10 l of water;
- for broilers chickens - 50 ml per 100 liters of water;
- for goslings - 50 ml per 100 l of water;
- for turkey poults - 50 ml per 100 l of water;
- for other birds - 50 ml per 100 l of water.
In this case, it is necessary to provide constant care and monitoring of sick animals in order to avoid the threat of death.
Instructions for use for adult birds
is not prescribed to adults, as there are no elements capable of treating adult animals.
Medicinal drug is prohibited for animals in the presence of severe hepatic and renal diseases .Enrofloxacin is not allowed for ruminant cattle that have developed cicatricial digestion, as well as individual intolerance to fluoroquinolones.
It is not advisable to use this agent for laying hens because of the possible accumulation of enrofloxacin in eggs.
During the course of therapy , the prolonged stay of animals in direct sunlight should be limited. An overdose of an oral solution of enrofloxacin can provoke the appearance of signs of dysbacteriosis and disturbance of the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract. In such cases, it is necessary to suspend treatment with this drug and take measures to eliminate the symptoms that have appeared.
Accurate and strict adherence to the indicated dosages of the use of the drug, which contains enrofloxacin, will avoid contraindications and side effects. However, today many experts in the field of veterinary medicine and poultry farms exceed the recommended dose of the drug in two or three times .They explain this by increasing the resistance of viruses to antibiotics. Studies aimed at determining the exact dosages of the drug are still being conducted, but there are already opinions that such measures may provoke inhibited development and a lag in the growth of the body of the bird.
In order to avoid the side effects of , this drug must be used two hours before or four hours after applying the above remedies.
The use of the drug is prohibited in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity animals to substances containing fluoroquinolone;
- Developed cicatricial digestion in ruminants;
- Breeding laying hens for egg production , due to the undesirability of people eating eggs in which enrofloxacin is present.
Enrofloxacin has the following pharmacological properties:
- Preparations containing enrofloxacin, belong to a community and fluoroquinolones have potent antibacterial effect .
- Actively acts against gram-positive and gram-negative parasites and mycoplasmas.
- It is possible for to inhibit the formation of malic acid in microorganisms, which threatens to damage the integrity of the DNA, by blocking DNA gyrase.
- has an active absorption process from the gastrointestinal tract of birds and effective penetration into internal organs and tissues.
- The most concentrated effect of the drug is observed after two hours from the moment of administration and functions for six hours .
- Able to partially metabolize into a substance called ciprofloxacin, which is excreted in the form of bile or feces.
- The preparation is considered a moderately hazardous substance in terms of the quality of its effect on the animals' bodies.
After reviewing all the pharmacological properties and side effects of enrofloxacin, we found that is a synthetic antimicrobial agent containing fluoroquinolones. Used for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes against infectious diseases and to stimulate growth. It is also effectively used in the treatment of such serious infections as pneumonia, typhoid, cystic fibrosis, etc.
Used in a convenient and simple way - dilution of the drug in drinking water.
It should be noted that in European countries there is a ban on the use of such antimicrobial agents. The reason for such a ban is considered the emergence of resistance of microorganisms, that is, organisms that can cause human disease. However, it should be noted that the threat of the emergence of resistance to arises when is used incorrectly, that is, not complying with the recommendations of the instructions. A sign of such a process is considered to be an overabundance of the permissible level of substances in poultry products.