Pine nuts have long been and are rightfully considered to be , a valuable nutritional product rich in vitamins, trace elements and other beneficial substances.
There is a mistaken opinion among the people that these nuts are derived from stately cedar trees. In fact, these are seeds of Siberian cedar pines, which, when they reach mature age, are capable of producing 10–12 kg of nuts from each tree.
In size, pine pine nuts are quite tiny: 10-14 mm in length and 6-10 mm in width. But, as they say, is a small spool, yes is expensive.
Table of contents
- What vitamins and minerals are contained, what is the caloric content of pine nuts?
- Benefits and Benefits for Men, Women, and Children»
- method“ Hot ”method
What vitamins and minerals are contained, what is the caloric content of pine nuts?
Not only forest birds and animals feed on pine nuts. This product is a unique delicacy in the human diet .Initially, pine nuts were used in cooking for the preparation of various dishes.
Later, their nutritional value was studied, which affects the variety of nutrients that make up the :
- glucose, fructose and sucrose;
- vitamins: A, C, K, E, as well as a group of vitamins B( B₁, B₂, B₃, B₅, B₆, B₉);
- micro and macro;
- amino acids.
Cedar kernels contain 19 amino acids of : histidine, proline, arginine, tyrosine, methionine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, lysine, tryptophan, glycine and others.
Pine nuts contain 60-63% of fat, which is a source of valuable pine-nut oil, 14-17% of easily digestible proteins and 10-14% of carbohydrates.
The energy value of the product is 875 kcal per 100 g .
Pine nuts. Siberian greetings:
Useful properties and benefits for men, women and children
The usefulness of pine nuts allows you to use them for almost everyone for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes, which is explained by a wide range of valuable substances that make up them.
What is the use of this little nut:
- has a positive effect on the immune system, helping to recover from a serious illness or intense physical exertion;
- is used to prevent anemia, improves blood composition and positively affects the cardiovascular system;
- lowers blood cholesterol;
- improves brain activity, improves mental abilities;
- with regular use strengthens bone tissue and improves visual acuity;
- as a product rich in iodine, effective in the treatment and prevention of disorders of thyroid function;
- due to the content of the complex of vitamins of group B contributes to the normalization of the nervous system: relieves irritability, helps fight insomnia and stress;
- improves metabolism and the function of the endocrine glands;
- normalizes the functioning of all organs of the digestive system;
- serves as a preventive measure against the development of benign and non-benign tumors;
- reduces appetite, which is useful for overweight people and those who are keeping fit;
- improves the overall condition of the skin, helps in the treatment of various skin diseases, promotes rapid healing of wounds and tissue regeneration;
- increases the potency in men and normalizes the activity of the reproductive system;
- slows down the aging process in the body, has a rejuvenating effect;
- is an excellent prophylactic agent for atherosclerosis and diabetes.
Despite the huge list of useful properties, the intake of cedar kernels in food should not be uncontrolled , so as not to harm health.
Pine Nuts have a positive effect on the mental and physical development of children. However, given the miniature size of the cores, should not be given to babies under the age of 4-5 years old - children can inhale nuts, which will cause a blockage of the respiratory tract.
Children after 5 years should eat nuts in the presence of adults, so that they can, if necessary, provide first aid.
It is not recommended to eat pine nuts at the same time with dairy or meat dishes. A large amount of protein, which is part of these products, exerts an excessive load on the digestive organs and does not allow the body to assimilate all the beneficial substances of the nuts.
Sometimes when you eat nuts, you taste a bitter taste in your mouth. Quality product is pleasant to the taste, easy to chew and has a delicate aroma.
The appearance of bitterness indicates that the nuts eaten were rancid and caused a kind of poisoning of the body.
The feeling of bitterness in the mouth can be present for 2-14 days after consuming the product and disappears by itself without taking any medications.
What is the maximum shelf life for peeled nuts? He is only 14 days .
When buying pine nuts on the market, give preference to unpeeled - they can be stored without losing taste and healing properties for up to 1 year.
As a contraindication of , physicians have traditionally called individual intolerance. Sad as it may be, allergy can develop on pine nuts.
Mild allergy is characterized by vomiting, diarrhea, itching and redness of the skin. In more severe cases, anaphylactic shock develops, accompanied by low blood pressure, general weakness and loss of consciousness.
Pine nuts and their benefits and contraindications:
Use of traditional medicine
For the recipes of traditional medicine, all the components of pine nuts are used: peeled kernels, shells, butter, and even pulp, which is crushed and used in the art of yogurt.
Cedar flour is prepared from the cake, and from it - nutritious milk or cream, which is useful for babies who are allergic to breast milk.
Tinctures are used for the treatment of a wide range of ailments:
- digestive and respiratory;
- kidney and urinary system;
- of the heart and vessels;
- skin and hair diseases;
- joints and spine;
- nervous system disorders;
- anemia and hypovitaminosis;
- catarrhal diseases;
- thyroid dysfunction;
The appearance of the cedar seed tincture resembles cognac. Experts say that the taste is not much different from this elite drink.
On the Internet and in the literary sources there are many recipes for making tinctures. Here is one of them:
- Put 500 g of unpeeled pine nuts into a clean glass jar, pour in vodka or medical alcohol. The liquid must completely cover the nuts.
- Infuse the product at room temperature in a dark place for 12-14 days.
- After two weeks, check the readiness of the tincture - the kernels inside the nuts should be completely dissolved by the action of alcohol. To check it is enough to get a nut out of a can and split it. If there is no kernel inside the nut, the tincture is ready for use.
- If the core is not completely dissolved, maintain the tincture for some time, checking the state of the nuclei in a day.
The course of treatment usually lasts 1-2 months. .If necessary, undergo a second course after a 30 day break.
Tincture is taken 3-4 times a day before eating .The recommended single dose - 2 teaspoons of funds, diluted in 1 tablespoon of boiled water, so that the total amount of tincture is enough for a whole course.
As with the intake of any drug can not exceed the recommended dose. It is advisable to get a consultation from your doctor before using a national remedy of pine nuts.
The effect of nut on health during pregnancy and lactation
In addition to the main products , it is recommended to add pine nuts to the diet of pregnant women. The future mother and baby will receive from them almost all the useful elements necessary for the normal development of the fetus.
It is important that not exceed the recommended daily dose - 2 tbsp.spoons - and buy only high-quality product.
After giving birth, pine nuts should not be excluded from the mother's diet. They enhance the lactation of and, once in the body of a baby with mother's milk, strengthen the immunity of the child, and have a positive effect on his mental and physical development.
Nutshell: healing properties for humans
The shells of pine nuts are used to prepare an eco-friendly material - cedroplast .This is a composite finishing material, which consists of the resin and shells of pine pine nuts.
In addition to the decorative function, cedroplast has unique properties .According to the manufacturers, in a room decorated with plates of cedar wastes, workers have reduced fatigue, increased work capacity and improved clarity of thought.
Cedar shell is widely used by gardeners and landscape designers. Mulch from the shell protects plants from fungal diseases and insect pests , enriches the soil with micro- and macroelements necessary for garden crops.
The pharmaceutical industry includes processed cedar shell in ointments, creams and tinctures. These drugs have antiseptic properties due to tannins that are part of the shell. They are used to treat burns, depriving, eczema and ulcer inflammation of the skin.
Alcohol and vodka tinctures are effective in the complex treatment of anemia, atherosclerosis, leukemia, cardiovascular and urinary system, digestive organs, eye diseases.
From the husk of nuts, decoctions are prepared, which have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Their use is recommended for the restoration of the digestive organs, the treatment of allergic cough and runny nose, rheumatism, gout, periodontitis.
Harm for the body
Pine nut shell therapy must be coordinated with the doctor. Only a specialist can examine the body and confirm whether such treatment is suitable for a particular disease.
Special caution should be exercised by for those who have an blood composition disorder.
Treatment with folk remedies based on pine nuts or shells should be combined with traditional medicines.
How to prepare the shell for the application of
Separating the shells from the kernels is not quite simple , for this it will take some effort. Immediately you need to put aside the idea that pine nuts can be gnawed - their shells are quite hard and can break the integrity of the teeth.
In the industrial field, uses special devices( peeler) to peel nuts from the shell. At home, two methods are used to extract nutritional nucleoli.
For scraping shells use improvised tools - a hammer, pliers, a metal pestle .Even an ordinary kitchen crush for garlic perfectly cope with the role of peeling nuts.
When splitting, you need to be careful not to crush the kernel along with the shell.
Soak nuts in hot water for 10-15 minutes , then spread them on a cutting board and chop the shell with a wooden rolling pin, rolling the nuts with a little pressure.
How to peel pine nuts:
Some sources suggest that before peeling , fry nuts in a frying pan, in a microwave or oven .
The majestic Siberian pines gave humanity a unique product - tasty and healthy pine nuts .
These small seeds help in the treatment and prevention of various diseases. In the national recipes used and kernels of nuts, and the shell.
However, we must not forget that is all about the measure and the prudence of .No need to engage in self-treatment and rely on the miraculous power of healing nuts - only a comprehensive treatment will help to defeat the disease or prevent its occurrence.