The world's favorite drink. Ways of brewing and drinking it can be very different, but first appeared in Russia, tea with lemon came to taste in different parts of the world.
The reason for the popularity lies in:
- in the ideal combination of taste and aroma of vegetable components;
- in the ability to quench thirst and hot and cold drink;
- in low calorie flavored infusion;
- benefits the body with fresh tea with lemon.
Composition and caloric content of tea with lemon
A slice of fresh lemon added to hot tea is recognized throughout the world as the Russian brewing method, although the tradition of flavoring dried dried zest has long existed in England, Germany and other European countries. Americans prefer to squeeze the fruit juice into a cup. But in this and in another case, the tea does not work so fragrant and saturated.
With proper brewing of tea with lemon, it combines all biologically active, contained in the leaves of the tea plant, and in juicy fruits.
Therefore, drinking the whole cup, you can expect that the body will receive a weighty portion:
- essential oils;
- tanning agents;
- plant alkaloids;
- amino acids;
- trace elements;
- natural pigments.
With the addition of lemon, as in the photo, tea is enriched with acids, pectins and vitamins, essential oils, sugars and proteins. The calorie content in the drink without adding sugar or honey does not exceed 1 kcal per 100 grams. But sweetened lemon tea has a higher caloric content and ranges from 29 to 31 kcal per cup.
Read also: The medicinal properties of rosemary and contraindications to the use of the herb
Lemon tea: the benefits and harms of the drink
The combination of biologically active substances in tea with a fresh slice of lemon suggests the benefits of a hot drink for colds and the risk of their occurrence.
Ascorbic acid, essential oils and lemon phytoncides help to cope with pathogens, restore power and strengthen the immune system.
This action can be expected from both black and green tea with lemon. If the patient has a fever, the drink causes sweating. Use of healing tea:
- relieves the feeling of thirst;
- makes breathing easier when you have a cold;
- accelerates the process of sputum discharge;
- gently dries and disinfects the mucous membranes of the throat and mouth.
Drink has a beneficial effect on the vascular system, reducing the risk of cholesterol plaque formation, improving the elasticity and permeability of blood vessels. Antioxidants in the composition of tea with lemon - a powerful effective tool for maintaining youth and health.
Regular consumption of black tea with a slice of sour citrus allows you to activate brain activity and not experience fatigue even under extraordinary mental and physical stress, stress.
Fragrant infusion with honey is an excellent tool for normalizing pressure, getting a charge of vivacity and rehabilitation after the most serious diseases. The trace elements contained in bee honey turn tea into a real elixir for human health.
Tea with lemon helps to support the digestive processes at low acidity, and is also used in diets to reduce weight. Even more effective for slimming tea with ginger and lemon.
But with such an impressive list of advantages, it is impossible to treat drink consumption thoughtlessly. After all, the high activity of biological components means that the benefits and harm of tea with lemon go side by side:
- Although the drink is valued for its bactericidal and antibacterial properties, a high concentration of acids will be harmful and can cause aggravation during gastritis with acidity and peptic ulcer.
- There is a risk of skin and respiratory reactions to tea, if a person is prone to allergies to citrus. It is for this reason that you should not get involved in delicious tea for expectant mothers and young children.
Read also: The healing properties of chokeberry chokeberry and contraindications to its use
Tea with lemon: how to properly prepare the healing drink
For a lemon in combination with tea to bring maximum benefit, do not immerse the fragrant slice in just boiled water. The heat destroys most of the vitamins, volatile compounds immediately leave the drink, even before it is drunk. Ideally, a lemon slice gets into the infusion at a temperature below 75 ° C.
Phytoncides and essential oils for which lemon is so famous are found in zest, so you do not need to clean it before making tea. But it is imperative to thoroughly wash the fruit. Do it under running hot water with a brush or scourer.
A surprisingly useful and tasty tea with lemon, as in the photo flavored with ginger. This drink actively tones, has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic effect, as well as a complex diet helps to cope with excess weight.
Read also: Unusual combination: zucchini jam with the addition of lemon and orange
Everyone can use the recipe for tea with ginger and lemon. The drink is easy to prepare, and all its ingredients are available:
- ginger root is thoroughly washed and crushed with a grater;
- lemon washed under running hot water and cut into thin slices;
- put ginger mass into boiling water and bring liquid to a boil over low heat;
- capacity is removed from the heat, and ginger water is brewed with black or green tea;
- under the lid of the drink is infused for about 8–10 minutes;
- tea with ginger root is poured through a strainer;
- over the past since taking off the fire time, the tea cools sufficiently so that it can be put in a slice of lemon or a little squeezed juice from the fruit.
If desired, a pinch of pepper, saffron or cinnamon can be added to the drink.
Such a drink is very tasty and healthy if you add sliced lemon, mixed with sugar or honey, into it. The recipe for tea with lemon ginger and honey will help with inflammatory diseases of the respiratory and nasopharynx, with heat and fatigue.
In winter, tea with lemon, brewed with spices, such as cinnamon, cloves and cardamom, warms well and eliminates chills. And on hot summer days there is nothing better than cold lemon tea with the addition of mint, chamomile color and thyme.
Video about tea with lemon