.This device should be chosen for design and performance, but the installation of a kitchen hood is no less important. By the way, to do everything with your own hands is not particularly difficult.
Features of the installation of kitchen hoods
Installation of the hood in the kitchen is made according to different principles depending on the type of construction:
- If the equipment can work in recirculation and exhaust modes, the installation involves the duct to the external ventilation system. Here you should correctly calculate the diameter of the duct( it should be in the range of 120-150 mm).The duct is not narrowed, if possible it does not bend or lengthen - this will help minimize power loss. A square or round duct is installed - but preferably smooth, rather than corrugated, otherwise the sound effect from the exhaust hood working in the kitchen will increase significantly.
- Exhaust hoods are available that work only in recycling mode. Their main element is a carbon filter. Such a device is not connected to the ventilation shaft. The air entering the structure, when passing through the carbon filter, is cleaned, after which it is again “ejected” into the room. The carbon filter is purchased separately. Connecting a device of this type correctly is easy, although its performance will be lower than that of a universal design.
Ways to correctly install the hood will vary, depending on whether the built-in equipment or mounted.
Tools and materials necessary for the work of
Installing a kitchen hood with your own hands will require special accessories and tools. Some of them will be bundled with the purchased equipment, and some( such as mounting or carbon filter) will have to be bought separately.
For installation, you will need:
- Corrugation, which allows exhaust air with contamination directly into the ventilation duct;
- Grille for the ventilation shaft - so that the place where the installation of the corrugations was made looked aesthetic;
- Fastening( clamps) corrugations - 2 straps.
Also installing the hood in the kitchen will require the following tools:
- Screwdriver or drill, rotary hammer;
- Tape measure and pencil for marking;
- Hacksaw for corrugations.
We perform installation of the hood - stages of work
Before starting the installation, it is necessary to calculate at what height to hang the hood. Actually the installation process with your own hands involves several steps:
- Fix the hood attachment to the wall.
- Connect the device to the duct system( or place a carbon filter inside).
- Make electrical connection.
There are two main nuances of mounting the hood to the wall:
- The device must be mounted with maximum reliability;
- The distance from the plate to the hood should be correctly determined.
What should be the installation height of the kitchen hood? It depends on its type and type of hob:
- If the model is installed for an electric stove, then the distance that you need to hang the device is at least 70 cm;
- For a cooker hood with a gas stove, the minimum height is 80 cm.
Some craftsmen, who prefer to do the installation by hand, say that the optimal distance for the gas and electric cookers is 700 mm. Indeed, such a height is considered sufficient for the exhaust hood in the kitchen( even the recirculation one, which is supplied with a carbon filter) to effectively clean the air in the working area.
However, it should be understood that more heated air will rise from the gas stove - there may not be enough power of the product, damage to the filter or other structural elements. It turns out that by maintaining the minimum allowable distance, you risk the instrument's operability, and if you decide to mount the device at an increased height from the plate, you can significantly lose power.
Further work on installing the hood in the kitchen with your own hands is as follows:
- Kitchen hood must be hung to the wall. Here it is very important to correctly calculate the height above the slab and perform the marking. The device must be mounted on a special axis corresponding to the center of the hob. It is better if the selected hood has eccentric fasteners - it allows you to adjust the nuances of the location of the equipment above the stove within 5 mm.
- It is necessary to install the hood and connect it to the duct system. The position of the device should be calculated so that the length of the boxes was minimal. Installation of the duct is carried out to the ventilation duct, designed to remove air from the room. Install the air duct in the ventilation duct using a special sleeve. The resulting compound is compressed with clamps and lubricated with silicone for tightness.
- It is impossible to resolve the issue of how to install the hood in the kitchen without electrical connection. The power of the device, as a rule, is small - this means that a special calculation of the wire cross section or the installation of a separate automatic circuit breaker is not needed. It is advisable to provide a wire in the kitchen immediately and hide it in the wall. If this was not done, then you will have to hang the socket outside and connect the wire, hiding it in the outer ventilation channel.
Features of installation of a built-in hood
Installation of a built-in hood with your own hands is quite possible, although it has its own characteristics. Here, you also need to correctly calculate the height above the slab, but the main nuance is how the device is mounted.
The built-in model in the kitchen does not need to be hung against the wall - it is fixed in the kitchen furniture, in the cabinet with a specially made hidden cavity. By the way, the same way you can connect and recirculation hoods - their power will be quite enough for small kitchen facilities.
After the equipment is fully connected, its performance is checked. The final stage is the installation of a protective cover that hides the air ducts. After that, you can enjoy the fresh air.
- Hoisting for the kitchen - what you needattention when buying
- What size should be extractor for the kitchen?
- We repair the kitchen hood by ourselves
- The master himself - install the oven
- Built-in refrigerator - the nuances of choosing and installing
- How to embed a conventional refrigerator in the