Acquisition of a water pumping station for a private house or summer house is important for owners of land plots not connected to the centralized water supply system. She will fully solve the problem of providing home with good water. After all, for household needs, unlike irrigation of a garden and a kitchen garden, water extracted from nearby water bodies is not suitable. And how to choose, what to be guided by when choosing - we will tell below.
- The principle of operation of the pumping station of water supply
- Types of pumping stations
- Choosing a pumping station of water supply for giving
- Pumping station - malfunctions, possible malfunctions
The pumping station is a device for providing regular water supply, which is the main condition for a full stay.содерж to contents ↑
The principle of operation of the pump station of water supply
With the acquisition of this autonomous device for home, your life will become more comfortable. Provide the required water reserves will be pumping station, the principle of which is quite simple, despite the complex complex system. The main function of the pump takes( water pump), pumping water from the well( or well) into the drive. For the water level inside the tank meets the sensor( pressure switch), which responds to a decrease in the volume of liquid. It turns on the pumping system. When the water storage tank is filled to the required value, the equipment automatically shuts off - this principle of operation of the pumping station significantly saves energy.
To make the right choice, it is profitable to invest your money, you must first study the parameters and technical characteristics of these devices. The main criteria are the dimensions of the capacity of the hydroaccumulator, the material from which it is made, the power, and the pressure force of the water jet.
In principle, the pump can pump water from any source, it can be a river, a well, or a specially equipped well. The main principle of its action is the pumping of water, which accumulates in the hydroaccumulator. Modern pressure sensors have protection against "dry running", which adversely affects the working functions of the pump. If the source turns out to be without water, the pumping automatic station is immediately turned off.
The check valve functions are aimed at passing water only to one point, there is no reversal. Thus, this element prevents liquid from the storage tank from escaping back to the end point( stipulates protection against idling).
Water monometer makes it possible to monitor the level of pressure inside the tank, provides an opportunity to arrest possible malfunctions in the initial stages.
Almost all modern pumping stations for water supply at home are equipped with coarse filters. This part protects the device from sand, silt, and other contaminants that can get inside from the source. However, to obtain drinking water will require the installation of additional cleaning elements - fine filters.
The pumping station for the dacha or home should be installed close to the water source( well, well).A technical instruction is attached to each device, where installation requirements are clearly stated, the maximum distance between objects. If you intend to use autonomous water supply in the winter, the device should be located in a heated room. Ventilation will be required to prevent condensation from building up on the working surfaces of the instruments. During operation, the pumping station produces noise, so this room should be removed from the bedrooms or places of rest.
The pumping station must be equipped with an airtight piping system. Pipes should be laid below the depth of soil freezing. It is recommended to install the working body of the device on a special shock-absorbing mat or at least on a rubber layer.
содерж to content ↑
Types of pumping stations
Before purchasing a pumping station, you need to study the technical characteristics, learn about the differences and classifications of the units. Modern water supply devices differ in their working parameters, they have their pros and cons. They are divided by the type of suction, flow, depth of the source. The ejector is responsible for the suction of the fluid - to put it in accessible language, this part helps the water pump and pushes the water to the exit point.
There are pumping stations with a remote-type ejector; they are capable of lifting water from a depth of about 50 meters. A characteristic feature of such devices is that the ejector can be buried directly in the well. In addition, they are distinguished by a quiet working stroke, which allows them to be placed inside a residential building. Such pumping stations are well suited for wells or when the water source is located at a considerable depth. Here you need to be prepared that at a large depth, the system performance will be slightly reduced( the efficiency decreases to 30%).Another weak point of such devices is high susceptibility to contamination.
More “simple” pumping stations are less massive, have a built-in ejector, which allows them to suck water from a depth of about 8 meters. During operation, they produce a lot of noise, for this reason they are recommended to be installed at a distance, a remote extension is suitable for this. Such a pumping station for the house will not be afraid of pollution, it is not so sensitive to sand, silt.
Water supply devices are also divided by type of water supply. Water storage tank is either a storage tank or a hydraulic accumulator. In the first case, you get a station, complete with a tank of impressive size, its volume can reach up to 100 liters. Usually these tanks are installed in the attic. After the water enters the storage tank, it discharges through the pipes, and the valve( float) controls the level of the liquid. Efficiency is a positive feature of similar stations, their inclusion occurs only when the tank is empty. From minuses it is necessary to allocate a small pressure, impressive dimensions, possible flooding of the dwelling. Today, such systems are considered “yesterday” - rarely used.
The last word in the field of pumping equipment are hydraulic units. They are equipped with a hydroaccumulator or a membrane type tank, they are compact in size and never leak. Often, such devices are installed in the basements of houses or separately allocated extensions. From the so-called minuses it is worthwhile to single out a small supply of water( approximately 25-30 liters), difficult system operation in wells, wells with a small flow rate( fluid volume).
To buy a pumping station of a hydraulic type, you have to spend more money than the above option. Models that are equipped with a rubber membrane tank are even smaller, easier to install.
Water supply stations are also divided into submersible and surface. The choice depends on how deep your water source is. With a surface type of installation, the pump remains on top, and its hose is buried - such a system is easy to manage, easy to maintain. This device is not designed for work at great depths. The depth of the source should not exceed 9 meters - this is the main criterion.
Submersible pumping stations have a higher cost, but are more reliable, economical, and easy to install. They are equipped with a waterproof case, during operation they completely fall under the water, they can function at a very great depth( from 10 meters, more).↑ to contents ↑
The choice of a pumping station for water supply for giving
From the above information it becomes clear that the choice of a water supply system at home should be due to many factors: energy efficiency, depth of suction, water pump power, and so on. Natural factors should also be considered.
For example, with a shallow source( up to 8 meters) for a small one-story house with 2-3 tenants, a hydraulic tank for 10-20 liters with a pump power of 0.8-1.2 kWh is quite suitable. If the house has a large area, not one floor, then you will need a pumping station with a powerful water pump, thanks to which the water pressure will be stronger. If the house is large, there are many family members, then the volume of the hydraulic tank should be larger( for example, 40-60 liters), the pump power, respectively, too( approximately 2 kW • h).
How to choose a pumping station to give, if you spend on it only the summer months, and the water source is located near the site? For such conditions, you fit a mini-device. If year-round water supply is required, it is better to choose an automatic system that turns on, turns off as the tank is filled / empty. For periodic watering, you can select the manual control unit.
The price at the station is different, it depends on the manufacturer, technical characteristics, parameters, materials of the body. The strength of the noise produced during operation also affects the cost. Among the wide range of pumping equipment you can always choose your own version, the most suitable for your needs.
If we carry out a comparative analysis of the most purchased stations, then, according to the opinion of consumers, the following companies can be distinguished:
- The pump station Grundfos from a Danish manufacturer is today one of the most purchased. It is the world leader in the manufacture of pumping equipment. Models have all the qualities of a modern device for water supply at home. Mode of operation - automatic. Water pumps are equipped with overload protection, most models are suitable for hot, cold water. The device is designed for use in a private household or in a small business.
- Alko pumping station from German manufacturers is a good alternative to other systems. They are easy to use, with careful work without breakdowns for several years. Models are equipped with deep cleaning filters, have an eco-mode function, which helps to save up to 15% of electric energy. Compact dimensions, quiet working stroke along with high performance make these devices the most popular for country needs. Alko pumping station can have a small, medium, high flow capacity: up to 3100 l / h, up to 4000 l / h and up to 6000 l / h. Such units are designed for both stationary and portable use. They have an automatic shut-off with a “dry run”, a wear-resistant impeller, a battery-protected polymer casing, and many other improved features that German quality is known for.
- The pump station Pedrollo made in Italy is represented on our market by about 20 different models. It is best suited for arranging home water systems. The source of water can be a stationary or variable object. These pumping stations can extract water from a depth of not more than 9 meters, the volume of the hydroaccumulator in all models is the same - 24 liters. Pedrollo devices are more easily configured than analogs from other manufacturers.
- Wilo pumping station is also of German origin, famous for its variety of series: Economy, Comfort, Jet, MultiCargo, SilentMaster, etc. You can buy a model with simultaneous connection of 4 or 6 pumps or a quiet in operation mobile device. Water systems of the Vilo brand have several levels of motor and rotor protection, built-in cold protection( selected models), manual or automatic adjustment of the water pressure. Such devices are energy efficient, have a long service life.
- The Dzhileks pumping station from a domestic manufacturer has an automatic control system, is equipped with a hydraulic accumulator, built-in injector. The body of the device is made of cast iron, the working shaft is made of high quality plastic, resistant to wear. These two factors increase the reliability of the entire system as a whole, and ensure a long service life. The most popular models of the brand are Jilex 70/50 and Jilex 60/35.According to responses of summer residents, these stations should be brought into heat with the onset of winter.
содерж to contents ↑
Pumping station - malfunctions, possible malfunctions
As with any technology, this equipment may experience malfunctions. It happens that the pumping station is not gaining pressure, does not turn off, what to do?
The reasons may be:
- wear parts of the water pump or its weak power;
- low mains voltage;
- pipe damage( leakage);
- air in the suction pipe of the surface pump.
Deterioration of pump components may occur due to the long life of the station. The weak point of the centrifugal pump is the casing and the impeller, the vibrating one is the rubber valve. Thus, the pump pumps water, but the level of pressure, the productivity of work no longer correspond to the initial indicators. The system fails to reach the upper limit pressure, so it works, does not turn off. The way out of this situation is repair at a service center with replacement of worn parts.
Sometimes the inability to set the required pressure is due to damage to the pipes and their connections. The reason for the leakage of water may be more banal - failure of the toilet bowl drain or the faucet left open. Therefore, if the pumping station of water supply of a private house has been operating for a long time, it does not turn off, turn it off by yourself, find the source of water loss.
Also do not be lazy to check the mains voltage, if it is below 220 volts, turn off the station, normalize the level of electricity. A clogged relay input can also cause a similar fault. If this happens, the pump must be turned off, clean the relay from all sorts of pollution. Downed pressure regulation in the accumulator can also be the reason that the system does not shut down. The reason is eliminated by adjusting the springs that are in the relay. It is better to turn a large spring, and not to touch a small one — it is responsible for the magnitude of the pressure drop.
If you purchased this device, the availability of a backup power system will be very relevant. Interruptions in electricity, voltage drops may not in the best way affect the operation of the water supply system. With proper maintenance, compliance with all requirements, a pumping station for a private house can serve you for 5-8 years.