5-square-meter kitchenmeters often found in Khrushchev, typical panel houses and the houses of the old fund. It is quite difficult to fit a working and dining area in such a tiny space, but it is quite possible. From this material you will learn how much depends on what kind of furniture is chosen and how it is arranged, in what color the walls are painted, how the light is built and what curtains hang on the windows. And here you can learn a lot of super-ideas on design, repair, planning and redevelopment from a selection of 50 photos of real interiors.
To the kitchen 5 square meters.meters fit and working, and dining area, there is no way out how to plan the placement of furniture L-shaped or linear.
- L-shaped( angular) layout is good because it allows you to place the stove, sink and refrigerator according to the rule of the "working triangle", as well as use the angle and two walls. Having assembled kitchen furniture in this way, you will get a spacious working area and plenty of storage space. True, the size of the dining area will have to "save" and choose a table / stand for 2 people. Sample corner kitchen 5 square.meters presented in the photo below.
- Linear layout is more compact, but slightly less convenient, since the cook will have to run along the entire kitchen line many times to prepare food. However, in such a small room is not so well and difficult. But the dining table can be put and more roomy - designed for 3-4 people.
If the kitchen is only a utilitarian room, and the dining area is moved to another room, then you can consider a U-shaped or two-row layout.
- A two-row arrangement of furniture is a great option for a narrow room. As a rule, the kitchen is arranged as follows: a stove, a sink, a food preparation area and a dishwasher are placed on one side, and a refrigerator, an oven and a microwave oven are on the opposite.
- U-shaped layout - the most convenient, because everything you need for cooking is at hand. The downside is the bulkiness of the U-shaped headset. Most of all, this option is suitable for square kitchen. In the next photo slider, you can see the kitchen interior 5 square meters.meters with a U-shaped suite and a dining area in the living room.
When designing your kitchen U-shaped or in two rows, remember that the passage between furniture should be at least 90 cm.
Kitchen with an area of 5 square meters.meters must be light and rather monochrome than multi-color or contrast.
- Best of all visually increases the space and solves the problem of lack of light white color. In a small kitchen of 5 square meters. It should be more meters than any other color. In fact, white can be and the facades of the headset, and decoration, and a dining group, and even curtains. Do not be afraid of marbling white surfaces. In fact, they are as practical as any color. And so that such an interior does not seem too "hospital", use several shades of white( from milky to ivory) and different textures( from gloss to stone).
- In a pair of white you can pick up other light shades: light gray, light blue, cream, beige.
- Try not to use more than 3 colors in the interior, otherwise there is a risk of overloading the interior.
See also the material: Everything about the design of a small kitchen - 16 super tricks and 70 photos.
- "Spread" the walls will help the correct laying of the floor. If you choose a ceramic tile, then it should be laid diagonally. Wooden floors and laminate in narrow rooms are also placed diagonally or across the room. Ideally, the dies of the floor covering should be small, folded into a run or “herringbone”.
- The well-known shortage of kitchens in the Khrushchev houses is not only a small area, but also low ceilings."Lift" they will help wallpaper in diamond or vertical stripes. But beware, the narrow kitchen's plethora of vertical lines narrow down even more.
- striped wallpaper. It is desirable that the walls are plain and without drawings. But if you want to glue the wallpaper, then choose canvases with a small pattern of muted shades. Wallpaper with a large and colorful print is the safest to glue only on one wall.
- Create an illusion of large space will help the wallpaper with a perspective image. For example, it may be a city street, a road leading into the distance or a forest path.
- Another super-efficient technique is wall cladding with a mirror. If you make them the whole wall or a large area( for example, an apron or a wall near the dining area), the space will visually seem larger. And if a window is reflected in the mirror, then the natural light will increase.
- To add lightness and lightness to a small space, use shiny, glossy or “satin” surfaces in the decoration of the apron. For example, tile-hog or glass.
See also material: Design and repair of a small kitchen in the Khrushchev - 13 tried and tested solutions.
Redevelopment and zoning
Redevelopment is always a labor, time and costly undertaking, but with it you can drastically change and increase the small kitchen. There are two options for redevelopment: the union of the kitchen with adjacent rooms or the transfer of partitions.
- Transfer partitions and increase the kitchen due to adjacent rooms. Pros: increase the kitchen by a couple of square meters, making it possible to equip a full dining and working area. At the same time, the kitchen remains isolated - smells and noises will not penetrate into the other rooms. Cons: decreases the living room / corridor area, repairs become more complicated and more expensive due to the construction of new partitions.
Below is a plan of the apartment with the transfer of the partition and an increase in the area of the kitchen at the expense of adjacent rooms.
The following photos show the kitchen interior in a one-room Khrushchev, which was increased by the living room.
Keep in mind that the redistribution of the apartment, even with the demolition of non-bearing structures requires coordination with housing inspections.
- Combining a kitchen with a living room and / or hallway. Pros: space becomes convenient for family holidays, meals and meetings with guests, the kitchen increases due to the transfer of the dining group to the living room area or to the border of two rooms, it becomes possible to equip a full-fledged and roomy dining area. Cons: is not possible to retire, noises and smells from the kitchen can interfere with holidaymakers in the living room( and vice versa), the mess in a particular area will spoil the overall look of the room.
Below are the plans of a two-room apartment in a typical Khrushchev apartment before redevelopment and after merging the kitchen from the living room.
And here is a vivid example of the design of a combined kitchen-living room in a one-room Khrushchev.
In order for the combined kitchen-living room or kitchen-hallway to look orderly, it must be zoned. The border of the zones can be defined only by visual methods( with the help of different finishes for walls, floors and ceilings, lighting, carpets) or physical “delineators”.For example, it could be furniture, a low partition, a ceiling beam, a partition with an arched or open doorway, plants, a glass partition, sliding doors and curtains. The following photo compilation presents examples of zoning combined kitchen-living rooms.
A lot depends on the choice of furniture. Here are some tips to help you plan your kitchen:
- Since the tiny 5-meter kitchen lacks storage space, you need to use its height, that is, the wall. Choose a three-tier kitchen set up to the ceiling and place on the uppermost shelves those things that are not often needed in the kitchen( glasses, festive service, food supplies, bottles for pickles, etc.).By the way, in the extra tier, you can hide the duct.
- In addition to the top of the kitchen cabinet, you can also use its bottom, namely the base. If you embed several rollout boxes into it, you will get excellent vaults for trifles.
- Ideally, a kitchen set should be ordered according to individual sizes, because not a single centimeter should not be wasted.
- In order to visually facilitate the interior, the fronts of a kitchen set should be made up of glossy or glass inserts, and solid doors without panels and even without handles are well suited.
- Universal color kitchen set - white. It is also good if the kitchen has a gas water heater. Indeed, among the white facades, the white box will be almost invisible( see photo).
- Another good option is a set to match the walls.
Not less scrupulously need to approach the choice of the table and chairs. After all, in the kitchenette, they should be maxi-functional and super-compact.
- The bar will be the most “miniature” solution. In an isolated kitchen, it can be equipped on the basis of a windowsill( see photo examples below), and in the kitchen combined with the living room, put on the border of the rooms.
And here is an example of the design of a combined kitchen-living room with a bar counter.
The mini bar bar can also be built into a headset niche, as shown in this photo.
- Another mobile solution is a folding table that when assembled turns into a hinged shelf.
- A small round coffee table for 1-2 people will fit in the 5-meter kitchen.
If your lifestyle does not fit with the mini-tables, choose a table for 3-4 people of rectangular or square shape - they more rationally spend space. It is desirable that he could easily fold and unfold.
- Chairs fit light, compact and functional. For example, it can be folding "garden" chairs, transparent polycarbonate chairs, benches, stools or corners with built-in storage boxes.
equipment To save space in the work area, choose small and built-in equipment.
Fridge is better to choose a narrow, but high, dishwasher will fit a width of 45 cm, and the hob - with 2-3 burners.
It is good if household appliances combine several functions at once: a slow cooker + bread maker, a combine + a meat grinder + a juicer or an oven + a microwave.
Proper lighting is the key to comfort. In a small kitchen it must be a lot.
- Penetration of daylight should not interfere with any curtains, or furniture, or extra items on the windowsill.
- Artificial light is important to distribute as evenly as possible throughout the room. An ideal lighting scenario would be ideal: spotlights around the ceiling perimeter + furniture lights for the work area + sconces or a chandelier above the table.
- Pick the lamps themselves miniature and concise.
All small kitchens tend to seem cluttered and cluttered. Even the fridge magnets can bring a sense of disorganization to the 5-meter kitchen. Therefore, the most important principle of its decor - “less means more.”However, it is not necessary to give up completely from jewelry and accessories, otherwise the interior will be too minimal. Couples of small paintings / posters / photo frames on the wall, a pot with a room flower and a wall clock will be quite enough to create comfort.
As for curtains, short and laconic types of curtains are best suited: Roman and roller blinds, blinds and café curtains as in the photo below.
- How to equip a 6-square-sized kitchen.meters
- Kitchen 7 square.meters in 9 steps
- How to equip a kitchen of 4 square meters.m from scratch
- Kitchen Design 8 square meters.m in seven steps
- 10 tips on decorating the kitchen area of 9 square meters.meters
- Kitchen Design 10 square meters.m