- Tip 1. Light color scheme
- Tip 2. Use prints that will increase or at least not reduce the kitchen
- Tip 2. Observe the rule of the "working triangle"
- Tip 3. Choose the L-shaped set
- Tip 4. Kitchen set and appliances should be built-in
- Tip 5. The headset must be roomy
- Council 6. Make a redevelopment
- Tip 7.Choose functional furniture for the dining area
- Council 8. Create even lighting for your kitchen
- Tip 9. Swing door replace the sliding door or remake the opening in the arch
- Tip 10. Try not to overdo it with the decor
Kitchen area of 10 square meters. m is good in that it is always at hand, while it can accommodate a set, a full-fledged dining group and, if desired, even a sofa. In this material you will find 10 tips for repair, design, layout and 30 photos of modern kitchens from, to 1, sq. M. meters.
Tip 1. Light color scheme
For decoration of walls, floors and facades a small kitchen set of 10 sq. M. meters it is worth choosing light colors - then it will seem visually larger and lighter.
- White, light gray, gray-blue, beige, cream and other neutral shades will be an ideal choice for wall decoration.
If you want bright colors, then you can add them in the form of accents. For example, it can be curtains, wall decor, wallpaper, pasted on only one wall, upholstery, kitchen textiles or part of the facades of the headset.
Tip 2. Use prints that will increase or at least not reduce the kitchen
In a small room, do not use wallpaper, a set or curtains with a large and too mottled pattern, as this will only reduce the space. Small and unobtrusive prints of such shortcomings do not have. By the way, the floor is also better to decorate with a small tile or wooden dies, for example, in a runaway or herringbone. A wide single-strip floorboard and large ceramic tiles visually make the kitchen smaller..
- To increase the space, you can use wallpaper with a promising image.
- Typical kitchen 10 sq.m. m most often low. To visually lift the ceiling, you can decorate the walls with wallpaper with a vertical pattern or in a vertical strip. Example design kitchen with striped wallpaper area of 1, sq. M. m can be considered in detail in the next photo slider (turn!).
Tip 2. Observe the rule of the "working triangle"
To plan the kitchen turned out to be convenient for cooking, remember the rule of the so-called "working triangle". However, on ten square meters to put strategically important points - a sink, a plate and a refrigerator next to each other (but also not too close) - it will be easy.
Tip: designing the kitchen begins with choosing a place for washing, since it is not desirable to carry and extend communications more often.
Tip 3. Choose the L-shaped set
Perhaps, it is the corner set that will save a maximum of space. And if you choose a configuration with a trapezoidal pedestal in the corner, then in this place it will be possible to place even a plate, a sink or a convenient workplace.
Kitchen set with a sink in the corner
But the L-shaped set is not the only possible option for a kitchen of 10 sq.m.
- After all, most typical kitchens of this area have a square shape, which means they are ideal for U-shaped and double-row layout, as well as for a G- or U-shaped layout with a small table-island in the middle.
The photo shows an example of a U-shaped kitchen layout, with an area of 1, sq. M. m.
Tip 4. Kitchen set and appliances should be built-in
In the kitchen area of 10 square meters. meters is preferable to the built-in set and designed according to individual sizes, so that every centimeter is used with advantage. The same applies to household appliances - refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, oven, hood and other appliances.
Tip 5. The headset must be roomy
If you need to have really many places to store different utensils, kitchen textiles, stocks of bottles and foodstuffs, then the kitchen set should be chosen high up to the ceiling. In the upper lockers you can store things that you rarely use, and in the bottom - all the largest and heaviest.
- Store things more conveniently in sliding drawers than in conventional lockers with swing doors. In order to accommodate the highest dishes, their height should be up to 35 cm.
In the next photo slider, an example of a kitchen design of 10 sq. M. m. with a high suite.
Council 6. Make a redevelopment
If you plan to repair and are ready for radical changes, then think about increasing the kitchen due to the adjacent balcony or living room.
- A balcony or a loggia is a great place not only for a pantry, but also for a summer "patio a winter garden, a canteen, a bar and even a work area. If you like the idea of combining a kitchen with a balcony, but its alignment is unlikely or too difficult, then you can not demolish the entire partition, but dismantle only a window and a balcony door from it. Another solution is to replace the partition on the French window, which looks beautiful and lets in more light (for example, see the photo below).
- Combining the kitchen with the living room is a great idea and not difficult to implement if the wall between the two rooms is not a carrier. Kitchen-living room has many pluses, but there are also significant disadvantages (eg, the textiles in the living room will absorb all the smells, and the mess in the kitchen area will spoil the overall appearance of the room), so think carefully about whether it is worth repairing with the redesign of the candles, because 10 square meters is not so little.
The photo below shows the design of a narrow kitchen area of almost 10 square meters. meters (, sq. m), combined with the living room.
Tip 7.Choose functional furniture for the dining area
Kitchen for a large family requires a spacious dining room. Fortunately, ten square meters can accommodate a large table or even a table with a sofa. The main thing is that the passage between the dining area and other furniture, for example, a kitchen set, should be at least 90 cm. Here are some more tips for choosing furniture:
- If you often receive guests, then choose light folding structures.
- Save space will help a compact kitchen corner, because often under his seat you can store things.
- For 1-3 people, a dining table can replace a bar counter. It is more compact, modern looking, very convenient for snacks and even work at the computer.
- However, you can put a bar rack in addition to the main table, if you allocate space for it due to the headset and a small lunch group. It can also be made from a converted window sill.
Try to avoid standard solutions and bring more exclusivity to the interior. For example, a pair of chairs can be replaced with an elegant sofa, instead of wooden furniture, use a wicker, instead of a new factory one, a restored vintage one.
Council 8. Create even lighting for your kitchen
To make a small kitchen more spacious, create a uniform lighting in it.
- The central light from the ceiling chandelier will only narrow the space and create shadows. Therefore, it must necessarily be supplemented with wall sconces or floor lamps in the dining area, or completely replaced by several spotlights throughout the perimeter of the ceiling. Of course, the light sources should be in the work area.
Hint: more comfortable lighting can be created if you hang the chandelier not in the center, but directly above the dining table.
Tip 9. Swing door replace the sliding door or remake the opening in the arch
If the opportunity to close the door to the kitchen is not important for you, then think about redesigning the opening into an arch or simply into an open door without doors. This solution will save you precious centimeters and visually "unload" the interior. Below is an example of a kitchen design, with an area of 1, sq. M. without a door.
- If you still need the insulation of the kitchen, then you can install a sliding door instead of a swing door.
Tip 10. Try not to overdo it with the decor
- In order not to overload the interior with excessive variegation, try not to get involved in collecting magnets and statuettes.
- Curtains choose without strong drapery and lush ruches. For kitchen design 10 sq.m. meters are ideal for Roman and roller blinds, curtains-cafes and panel.
- To decorate the interior, there will be enough living plants in beautiful flowerpots, watches, a couple of small paintings, an elegant candy bar or fruit basket, pillows on the couch.
- . Planning and repair of a small kitchen.
- . Design and repair of a small kitchen in Khrushchev - 13 tested solutions.
- . 5 layout options for a kitchen area of 11 square meters. meters.
- . 10 tips for improving the kitchen area of 9 square meters. meters.
- . Kitchen design 8 sq. M. m in seven steps.
- . Kitchen design 12 sq. M. m and 6 variants of planning.