The main characteristics of infrared heaters
Infrared heaters are indispensable for both outdoor and indoor applications. The main thing - when buying, take into account their technical characteristics. Such devices are economical and efficient, therefore, are increasingly gaining popularity. It is not surprising, since they operate according to the principle of nature itself: by heating walls and the floor, infrared heaters do not overdry or overheat the air, creating a comfortable environment for people, plants and animals, which provides them with ample opportunities for use.
If you decide to purchase such a device for heating a house, greenhouse, gazebos or any other premises( including industrial facilities), you need to analyze their technical characteristics in detail. Indeed, in different cases requires different heating. So, ceiling electric infrared heaters are suitable for some objects, and gas - for others. We will help you understand this issue.
Household electric infrared heaters
When buying an infrared heater for your home, you need to consider the following specifications:
- Power. Household models can have from 300 to 2000 watts. The principle of choice here is simple: the larger the area of the room, the higher should be the power of the heater. At the same time, ceiling models for small rooms may have only 500-800 W, since such an arrangement of the heating device is considered the most successful from the point of view of efficiency. If you plan to mount the device on the wall or put it on the floor for a special delivery in a spacious room, choose a more powerful model. Technical characteristics of the device should be as follows: 10 square meters.m. need 1000 watts of power.
- Wavelength. Ceiling, floor and wall heaters by type of radiation are divided into three categories: shortwave( 0.74-2.5 microns), medium-wave( 2.5-50 microns) and long-wave( 50-1000 microns).The radiation temperature is higher for shortwave models, but it is the longwave ones that are considered the most beneficial to health.
- Moisture Protection. Ceiling infrared heaters are especially good for rooms with high humidity. That is why their technical characteristics include an indicator of protection against moisture: if the model is marked with IP from 24 and above, such a device can be safely placed in the bathroom or sauna.
- Fireproof. The first industrial and household infrared devices for heating could cause a fire in some areas. Modern devices are equipped with thermostats and protected electrical elements.
- Installation Method. According to this criterion, infrared heaters are divided into wall, ceiling and floor. If you omit other technical characteristics, the first ones are suitable for heating a specific zone in the room, the second ones distribute heat most rationally throughout the space, and still others are good for use in different rooms, since they can be moved from place to place.
- Energy Saving. Most of the devices are equipped with special temperature controllers, which allow you to save up to 50% of electricity, because the device will work only when necessary.
Features of gas models
Gas infrared heaters are designed for heating large areas. It can be commercial or industrial facilities, country houses or villas. The main advantage of such devices for heating is their efficiency, as they allow you to quickly heat the room without heat loss. They have their own specifications:
- Type of heating. May be direct and indirect. The first requires good ventilation, as the combustion products enter the room. For indirect heating, you must carefully consider the installation of the device and involve professionals for this.
- Type of radiation. By the type of radiation, gas heaters are divided into light( radiation apparently by the human eye) and dark( the emitted spectrum is invisible).
- Design features. A good model can easily be disassembled and assembled by one person. It is compact and easy to use.
- Fuel. Gas infrared heaters work on propane. A standard cylinder weighs 11.5 kg and can provide about 15 hours of continuous operation.
- Radius of heating. Depending on the model, it ranges from 6 to 50 m.
- Power regulation. The presence of the switch allows you to use gas appliances for heating as efficiently as possible.
In general, gas infrared heaters are considered to be more beneficial than electrical devices. Their efficiency approaches 100%, and power and other technical characteristics are usually much better.
And yet you should not buy them for small apartments, where a small electrical appliance is enough for heating.