Content of the article:
Parsley - a spicy cultivated plant, without a plan, it is difficult to imagine, it is difficult to present a pattern, it is difficult to imagine, it is difficult to present a pattern, it is difficult to imagine, it is not so easy to imagine, to create a pattern, it is difficult to imagine, to create a pattern, it is difficult to imagine. And in the winter, the hostesses use fresh greens in the preparation of various dishes. To grow a spicy plant in your summer cottage in a healthy way, you need to try, and not be an outside observer who, letting everything go to chance, looks like the parsley turns yellow in the garden.
Taste and aroma of such spices as parsley, mankind discovered many centuries ago. And since then parsley has taken root in the garden plots. The leaves and roots of the plant are an excellent seasoning for soups, sauces, salads and main dishes. Fresh and young parsley sprigs are so delicious that they are consumed in their pure form.
Benefit, not harm
The benefits of parsley are invaluable to the human body. It is known that a plant like parsley is rich in a group of vitamins, among which are vitamins A, C, B, PP and many others that can not only fill the dish with an unforgettable taste, but also enrich it with useful trace elements and substances.
Speaking of benefits, it should be borne in mind that it should be expected only if the plant is grown properly, which means healthy.
Appearance - indicator of health
If the plant is green, full of strength and its appearance pleases the eye - it means that it is suitable for human consumption. But it happens that one look at parsley discourages all the desire to add spice to any dishes. Especially if the parsley turns yellow in the garden and looks unattractive.
There can be several reasons for this ailment. But in any case, it is worthwhile not only to understand the problem, but also to eliminate it, in order to further enjoy the excellent taste of parsley, the green twigs of which please the eye. Finding out why the parsley yellows in the garden, you can prevent the recurrence of the disease once and for all.
Causes and effects
In general, parsley is an unpretentious plant. Grow such a spice pleasure. Sow in early spring, choosing the right fertile place with loose soil. To preserve moisture, cover with foil until the first shoots. And wait for the harvest, not forgetting to water the water-loving parsley. We will not mention the loosening of the soil and weed control. Without this, no plant will give a good harvest, even such unpretentious as parsley.
Like other plants, parsley is prone to disease. Diseases of parsley and its pests are easily recognized in the following photos. Having determined what your parsley is sick with, you can easily eliminate the causes and grow a good harvest.
- Peronosporoz. This disease is popularly called false flour dew. Diseases directly affect parsley leaves, which at the very beginning of the disease are covered with white spots, and after such spots grow and turn yellow.
- Rust. Rusty yellowish brown pads can appear on the parsley leaves at the very beginning of summer and spoil the whole crop.
- Carrot Fly .The cause of this disease are the larvae that eat root vegetables. The result is a lag of plants in growth and as a result - yellowing.
- gourd aphid. Pests in the form of melon aphid attack the leaves and shoots of a young plant, located on the underside of the foliage. Gourd aphid sucks parsley juice, which leads to its yellowing, wilting and death.
Any disease can be prevented, especially if you loosen the soil in time, fight weeds and fertilize parsley in the garden. Parsley pests still attacked? Do not be upset. Extermination of pests is also provided.
- Carrot fly can be scared away by watering the seedlings with an infusion of orange peels or sprinkling tobacco between the rows.
- A mixture of tobacco dust with lime is also a good way to get rid of pests.
- You can only fight peronosporosis by removing damaged plants, so as not to infect neighboring ones. Therefore, the main thing is timeliness and attentiveness.
- The time-tested and proven popular methods in the fight against gourd aphids give excellent results. For example, many gardeners win the fight for parsley, if they are treated with infusion of dandelions, the leaves and roots of which must be kept for three hours in warm water.
- Rust attacking overgrown parsley is easier to prevent than to seek treatment. There is a claim that the disease develops in a humid environment. Having solved the problem of high humidity, you can not be afraid of rust. For calming and additional guarantee, you should spray parsley with special agents that increase stamina. Chloroxide or copper liquid to help you.
These are not all ways of pest control on garden beds that strive to damage your crop. Any problem has a cause, which means there is a solution. It is much easier to prevent plant diseases than to remove the causes and treat damaged beds. Timely prevention and proper crop rotation will save you from many problems.